I'm not sure if anyone can help with this as I have been playing around for a couple of days now and can't seem to get it. I need to run a VPN as a service. Up until now, Hamachi has been great but I need more flexibility.

Here's the deal:

I have two sites that I want to connect using opnvpn. Site 1 is a hard-wired network with static IP adresses running from 10.0.0.1 through to 10.0.0.5 and connected to the web via an ADSL modem and router.

Site 2 is a wireless lan again with static ip addresses running from 10.0.0.10 to 10.0.0.15 connected to the web via an ADSL modem/router.

I have port forwarded 1194 on the modem and think that's working ok.
I have configured the "server" end with the following config file. At this stage, (until I actually get it going) I have dispensed with the certificates and keys.

On the "Server" the config is:

dev tun
port 1194
ifconfig 10.4.0.1 10.4.0.2

on the "remote" the config is

dev tun
remote AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD <- this is ip address that pops up when I ask my IP address (assigned by my ISP I guess)
ifconfig 10.4.0.2 10.4.0.1

It keeps showing "connecting" and when I try to ping the remote (from server) and vice versa - no luck....

I've turned firewalls off.

I'm not sure I know what I am up to here but I think I have done everything right. Anyone with any ideas about what I should check or have i missed someting really simple ?

O/S is Vista Home basic SIte 2 and Windows XP Pro Site 1