Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: No talk on data retention?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwoegerbauer View Post

Probably worthwhile to read the study which investigates the claims of privacy and anonymity in commercial VPN services - 14 of the most popular VPN services were inspected. Result: Users who believe themselves to be anonymous and secure will be in fact fully exposing their data and activity footprint.

That is frightening. There's probably millions of Tunnelbear users out there because it's probably the most popular free option AFAIK.

Anyone know if this happens with ? That's the one I am currently using and it seems to be wonky with my region detection in rare cases.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

You guys shouldn't even worry about VPNs.
    If you use Windows 10 Microsoft has ID'd you anyhow. Probably even using your resources to share updates with others.
    Apple iOS iD's you too.
    Same for your Virus protection software if you had to pay for it.
    Websites leave cookies (apparently some are permanent or very hard to delete).
    Google services, I don't want to even talk about it.
    I am sure there are many ways to find your identity from your surf behaviour.

Might as well just stay in the open or use at least Linux with VPN if you want at least halfway protection.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234