Thread: All port power pass tv splitter

Thanks

Default All port power pass tv splitter

Is there any issues using an "all port power pass" splitter with a mast head amplifier when the splitter is in between the power injector and the amplifier?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Shouldnt be a problem if this is just for terestrial setup.
    What would you do if your server was stolen or failed beyond repair?
    http://www.2000cn.com.au/shadowprotect.html

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Just did one last week JK200SX, just the same is a single port power pass.
    Only in your case, it will not matter at which wall socket outlet the Power Supply is used at.

Thanks

It all depends what kind of all ports power pass splitter type is being referred to here, and I will assume the reference is to F type splitters.

Some older unmarked F type splitters that may still be around had effectively all ports commoned as far as ac or dc volts were concerned, (but obviously, not for RF.)

Consequently, if a masthead amplifier was used with one of these where one of the outlets had the power injector plugged in, it was prudent to use isolated outlets on the other ports of the splitter.

This was to prevent anything being plugged into these other outlets shorting out or loading down the power injector, ie a TV or VCR with either a drain RFC or some form of impedance matching (resistor) on the antenna input to the device.

Of course, if the "all port power pass" are the type that use internal diodes to achieve this, then as oceanboy suggests, it will not matter which outlet the plug-pak is inserted into.

In fact, it is prudent to use these on all installs using masthead amplifiers, as it future proofs against the situation where customers re-arrange their lounge rooms or whatever, and subsequently lose reception where they have also moved the power injector.

Even if there is no masthead in use at the time, where the signals may be at such a level, that adding outlets in the future may require the addition of one.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

I must admit, i never wire installs this way (although with exsisting installs, sometime you are forced too), i hate the use of the PSU at the wall socket, infact, i don't even like the idea of injecting the power through the splitter.

All my installs have the trunk (Antenna to Splitter location) powered, then passive into the splitter and out around the house. It does mean you need a location and power point to do this... but it is just the way i prefer to do it.
    It probaly makes little difference though. Just an old school habit