Thread: Latest Windoze Update has clobbered my network!!!!!

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Default Latest Windoze Update has clobbered my network!!!!!

I'm guessing it's Billies Fault, though it might be AVG as that has been stuffing around with my settings, too. I have a network of 4 computers at home Two - wired and two wireless. All re running Windoze 10. All of my sharing and permissions have been working until "Tuesday" when M$ installed Build 10586.3 (which, incidentally does not show in the "updates" list) At the same time, AVG has updated itself and changed my home page in FF to "AVG safe search" which, had I wanted that, I'd have installed it!!!! Now all of my sharing permissions are stuffed up. If I can even see any of the other computers on the network When I try to log in, they ask for a username, password combo, which has only ever been set up on the lappy.

I've double checked all my settings and the only difference I can see is Is that My file server is connected (hard wired) to my modem which shows as "NETWORK" and private network at that, my Lappy is connected by wireless to the same modem which tells me (correctly) that it's name is "MODEM" (as opposed to "NETWORK") and that it also is a private network. Discovery is turned on, and I have changed nothing since the update.

Any suggestions/clues?????
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Look Here ->
    LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Just ignore me! In Advanced sharing options something had turned on password protected sharing or All Networks! As this is a closed network I've not bothered to set up passwords on all o my machines. Why Billy decides to change settings like this without telling me is a right, royal pain! I've just wasted two hours trying to fix a problem that wasn't there!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks

You are not the only one that wasted time with that one.
    What a pain.
    I'm happy with some of the little changes.
    Got rid of all the crap i will never use also.
    Had found windows defender was getting very heavy handed so pissed it of and have a lot faster computer.

Thanks

Hi all,

Not as smart as you lot,

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeze tell me how to PISS OFF bloody Windoze Defender for EVER and EVER and EVER. Keeps coming up in a bloody message box saying I need to start the sod .....

I have spybot and Malware and as far as I can tell Defender is just killing my system.

Thanks to anyone who replies in simple step by step instructions.

Your local pisspot

Hic Hic etc
    Buy cheap and pay often, - there is no substitute for stupidity.

You wipe your bum after each crap, why don't you clean your teeth after every meal?

There is no shame in being uneducated nor in being stupid.
    The true shame lies in knowing that you are and doing nothing about it.

Only the living worry about dying.

To the tobacco addicts - Smoke more and die sooner, so I can breathe fresh air. Thank you.

Education is the only sure cure for religion

Thanks

Try this :-http://www.download3k.com/articles/How-to-Turn-Off-Windows-Defender-Permanently-in-Windows-10-01350 .
    I used Step 2.
    have fun.
    You will still be told to turn it back on but I can live with that until I find out how to stop that.