If you picked one of these up yesterday, by now you would have realised it's 'broke'.

It's the PWM-3501 SISIS A8 ARM 266MHz, 64Mb Ram and 1Gb inbuilt flash memory, running Win CE 6.0

Well Aldi have responded to the Sensis map Suburb 'illiteracy' problem, with a complete replacement of the existing 188Mb map.

You do wonder if and how Aldi tests these things. And right on the heals of the same model with Navteq maps which had severe routing 'disorders'.

On the downside it looks rather difficult to 'open'. I'm no expert so I'm hoping someone here can get other apps running on it

It's a 211MB download.....
Below is a copy of the emailed instructions they sent me.....

Dear Customer,

To update the Sensis map on your Tevion P3501 Navigator, you need a PC with Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/Win98SE/ME.
If you don't have access to such a computer, please contact the Tevion After Sales Support team on 1300 88 6649.

1. If you have not installed Microsoft ActiveSync on your PC, you need to install this program first by following the instructions below for your version of Windows.

Microsoft Windows XP or Vista - Open your web browser, go to and follow the instructions on this page to download and install ActiveSync 4.5. After downloading “setup.msi”, run setup.msi to install Microsoft Activesync.
Microsoft Windows 98SE or ME - Open your web browser, go to and run the setup program, “msasync38b5004.exe”. Restart computer after installing.

2. After Microsoft Activesync is installed on your computer, you are ready to install the ROUTE 66 Map Updater.
Go to and save the “map_updater.exe” file to your desktop.

3. Connect the Tevion GPS Navigator with the USB cable to your PC and switch on the Tevion GPS Navigator.

4. If this is the first time that you connect a USB storage device to your PC, you might need to install extra software.
Follow the instructions on the screen of your PC to install the USB drivers that come with Windows.

5. As soon as the connection between the PC and the navigator is established, Microsoft ActiveSync on the PC will ask you if you want to set up a new partnership. Select 'Cancel' as this is not necessary and the device will be set up as 'guest'.

6. In the Microsoft ActiveSync window on the PC you see that the Navigator is now connected.

7. Now start up the “map_updater.exe” file, which you have downloaded.

8. The map updater will remove previous maps from your device and install the updated map.

9. This installation can take a few hours, depending on the speed of the connection between PC and Navigator.

10. The installation is completed successfully when the Map Updater program closes. Disconnect the Tevion GPS Navigator from your computer and it is now ready to use.
Interesting that the R66 update function under the extras' menu still says 'no update available'.

Strange the fix wasn't implemented via the embedded updater?