Thread: Xbox360 IR Remote and Vista Home Separation question.

Thanks

Question Xbox360 IR Remote and Vista Home Separation question.

I couldn't think of better place to post my question as I inclined to think some OS tweaking is required.
    My problem is my Xbox360 IR controller "Power" button is perfectly accepted by my HTPC running Vista Home SP1. I have Microsoft original MCE remote control USB receiver hooked up to my PC. I know a lot of people prefer to use one control to operate everything in the house, at this stage I don't want this to happen. I need to separate remote control codes.
    Initially I had my MCE remote to turn ON my Xbox360 and this was very easy to fix, by changing Xbox system configuration to accept only Xbox remote control.
    This makes me think the codes transmitted from Xbox remote and MCE remote should be different, so how can I set my Vista PC to ignore Xbox360 code?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

You could try xpmediacentre.com if nothing comes up here
    i think there is a small program written for htpc's that catches all
    the ir codes, then lets you choose what to do with them, cant
    remember what its called now

Thanks

I thought I give an update here on the issue.
    No matter what I tried it didn't help me. The little program I found (I think called TweakMCE) was causing my Vista machine to loose one of the two video cards paired (SLi). The only way I could bring it back was to do a system restore to an earlier date.
    Every time I did a registry update directly caused the same problem. Finaly I gave up on Vista (too many other problems). PC just wasn't stable, causing constant headaches. I couldn't be sure if it wakes up from standby mode correctly being the most annoying one.
    So I had to create a modified XP installation disk and installed XP SP3 on to this PC. Couldn't be happier ever since. Over suddenly my machine starts behaving as it supposed to be. The only problem which left was stil related to the Xbox360 remote being able to wake up PC.
    The little program TweakMCE refused to install itself under XP. As a temporary solution I hid the xbox remote from kids and got them to use xbox controller to turn xbox on and off.
    And finally I got myself a Logitech Harmony 885 universal remote, which completely solved the issue. Now everything in my entertainment unit works as it was intended to.