Thread: Need Help Testing 7 day EPG on c1 (enigma2 ONLY)

Thanks

Default Need Help Testing 7 day EPG on c1 (enigma2 ONLY)

Hi Everyone,

I've *finally* managed to get the FULL 7 day OpenTV EPG working on F0xstar - the now/next EPG has bugged me forever and oztivo data is often inacurate, limited and patchy.

I now need some help to test it and clean it up. NOTE: This ONLY works on enigma2 boxes (dm7025, dm800, etc) - it DOES NOT work on Enigma1.

What you need to do to make this work:

* Download E2_LOADEPG from its own site at (i used version 0.50b for my experiments so it might be best to use that version for now). This program is the work of some Italians and includes code to read the SkyItalia and BSKYB EPGs that i have adapted.

* Follow all the instructions on that site () and install E2_LOADEPG (i have installed it to CF - i haven't tested this will work on the HDD but it should). NOTE do not forget to edit /usr/bin/enigma2.sh (see instructions) or it won't load - that stuffed me up for ages.

* Download the attached zip file and replace the original files in /media/cf/e2_loadepg (or media/hdd/e2_loadepg if you've installed it there) with the ones that i've changed. THE FILES ARE HERE:

* Run e2_loadepg as per the instructions and you SHOULD get a 7 day EPG. All up it should take about half an hour download an process the 7 day version and restart Enigma2. If you want it to run faster while you are tweaking it change the number of days to download to 2.

Known bugs/ issues:

* Right now this is a crude hack - hence the weird procedure. There's no rocket surgery here just a lot of dvbsnooping, trial and error. Basiscally i've just changed the European details to Australian ones. As a result, all of the configfiles etc still refer to BskyB rather than f0x but it works. I make no promises, offer no warranties, etc!

* The bskybsat-channellist.conf includes some non standard channel names. This is because there was no way in version load_Epg 0.50b to differentiate between two channels (eg. ABC1, ABC1, ABC1 etc) with the same name. This has been fixed in the current version but i've spent the last couple of weeks playing with an older one. It will work on MOST channels as is but you will need to tweak these names for your own system or rename your channels using dreambox edit (or similar) to match. Future versions will not have this problem because the latest version of LOADEPG can do this via SID (see below).

To do: (Help!)

* I need to clean it up and rename the bsykybsat to australiasat files so that they all have stand alone names (like skyitalia EPG etc do) and can be included in future distros of LOADEPG. Just haven't got to that yet. Anyone?

* I need to update the whole thing (particularly the SID stuff in the conf files) so that it works with loadEPG 0.51 and above. Anyone?

* I want to share the config data with the makers of e2 images and e1 plugins so this will work on other platforms. Go crazy sharing it around but try and acknowledge me (poiuytrewq) where you can.

* Clean it all up and make a stand alone plugin/program!

Please only download this if you are up for testing and helping a little if you can. There will eventually be a more stable version and if you want it to be simple you might be better to wait.

cheers and enjoy the new 7 day EPG!

It's taken a long time but compared to Now/Next or even the Oztivo data, this is !@#$ing awesome!

Full credit to Ambrosa and the Europeans for their excellent work!

p.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Out of date. See this thread for the beta version!