Thread: EPG from web

Thanks

Default EPG from web

While some of the issues are being sorted out with , getting the data from the web via cron might still be a viable option.

I've sorted the issues that nfnovice raised in the old thread. Durations should be accurate and there are now descriptions for each program.

If the format of this is all good, the question is what needs to be done to automate the process. If the web service is in the same format as oztivo, that would probably be the best scenario.
    From my understanding to make that work there needs to be:
    1) a datalist.xml file that lists the channels and what dates are present in the repository for that channel
    2) the channel files in xmltv format, one per day

The other thing that could be done is keep the channel ids consistent with the oztivo data (e.g. ANIMAL for Animal Planet) but I'm unsure whether that will cause issues if you still wanted to use oztivo for aurora.

Is there anything I'm missing? Hopefully WeekEPG can be sorted sooner rather than later and this won't need to be a permanent solution.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

well done mcjules - looking at where weekepg is - this thread has some life still in it...

I will test load your new data later today

those limitations on oztivo data were in the second version of the script and largely dictated by oztivo web site.
    earlier versions of my script - crawled the channels.dat(oztivo_au.dat) on the dreambox and if the channel was mapped it went looking for data.
    it worked much faster that way as it only looked for data on mapped channels for days in the wanted range

the channel ID issue is a one off mapping exercise and could be cracked by provision of a fully mapped file

Thanks

mcjules - your a legend mate
    I loaded crime channel from 9 - 11/02/09 and disc for 11/02/09
    perfect files times, timezone offset, show length - summaries - all perfect
    only issue was space in files names but that was solved by use of ' (single quote) to surround file name on command line
    nice work mate - a couple of cyber beers your way

next steps - automate the grab to whack xmltv on a ftp server - set up script to grab from ftp server - oztivo_au script would do it with changes to config - but could run faster if adjusted to not be bound by oztivo rules

Thanks

Great news Putting it up on a server should be pretty simple.
    I'll liaise with you to get the requirements so your script modifications can be as simple as possible.

Thanks

Guys, you may want to think a little carefully about the legal issues if you publicly republish the data...

p.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poiuytrewq View Post
    Guys, you may want to think a little carefully about the legal issues if you publicly republish the data...
    p.
    this is just for educational and theory purposes - proof of concept -
    we wouldnt dream of publicly publishing useful data