Thread: DM500s and NewCS1.65

Premium Member
    Thanks

Default DM500s and NewCS1.65

I am trying to connect from an Octagon to a Dreambox DM500s running NewCS.

I am finding that the NewCS1.31 and NewCS1.50 seems unstable. Try to load up NewCS1.65 (which I hear is stable) but I can only get NewCS1.65 "bin" downloads from the blue button.

In the past complete downloads with scripts etc made this easy.
    How can I get the NewCS1.65 installed using a bin file?

Look Here ->
    Group 1 Owner
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,632 Times in 742 Posts

Try loading this in the 'tmp' and manualy load.

Cheers, Saintaholic

Premium Member
    Thanks

Thanks Saintaholic

Does it matter which image you have to use this manual load.

I was using Gemini 4.1.0 but I am now playing with a PLi image

Thanks

If you are playing with a PLI image - try the download latest menu option.. Then try again...

Premium Member
    Thanks

I have recently used a PLi image that z80 posted over on the prime evils forum earlier this month. It is already setup with NewCS 1.60 and Cccam 2.0.0. and it worked fine.

When I downloaded a newcs version update from the internet it made things worse...
    It looks like another reload of that image... what a pain.

I have not tried Saintaholic's suggestion with the Pli image and manual install yet. On the Gemini image I did do this but it did not seem to work.

Group 1 Owner
    Thanks

Not sure why, if your running PLi Jade (Like me) and you dont just download it via the 'BLUE' button (Download software). I upgraded my NewSC that way. I actually loaded latest image first and NewSC 1.65 installed through that.

I cant remember exactly, but what benifit now is the z80 image. I was looking at loading it a while back (only due to having everything in it preset) but decided not too. I have the latest PLI Jade working with Newsc 1.65 and CCcam 2.0 running as a server feeding another DM as a client in my rumpus room.. I use 2.0 for softcam reasons.

Maybe just do a backup of your image and then do a 'reset' get latest and start again. I find doing a Dreamedit bouquet save helps when reloading info. I can wipe my Dm and having everything back and running, Sat's scanned etc in about 10min.
    Cheers, Saintaholic

Group 1 Owner
    Thanks

Sorry, I re-read your initial request and you say you have tried blue button.

Ok, I'd look at a reset. Backup and also copy your files via DCC. The main files to keep are the NewSC.xml which has your current config/setup, the CCcam.cfg which is your setup for the Octagon. These 2 files can be reloaded with any version of Newsc or CCcam you choose to run.

If you've done it a 1000 times before and dont need to hear it again from me, I'm sorry. But start again. The other day (yesterday actually) I jammed probably too much onto my DM and started getting 'FATAL ERRORS' coming up when I tried to rescan a Sat etc. Download. You name it. It was all still working fine, but all in all, just not right. So I reset. Reloaded and 10 mins later all is good. Basically I download everything I can, play with it and then dump it. Problem is a bit of crap tends to stay in the DM and maybe it just simply gets overloaded. A refresh always does the trick. Plus the real bonus is I only Load what I know I actually want and use.

By doing a 'reset' you'll get automatically PLI Jade latest release, NewSC 1.65 and CCcam 2.09
    Cheers, Saintaholic

Premium Member
    Thanks

Thanks Saintaholic.

Yep - it is so easy to load in too many files or corrupt something somewhere playing trying etc.

I reloaded once again with z80's image I was using and it is all good.. well for now anyway.

ATM I have no faith in the blue button downloads. The z80 image has Cccam 2.0.0 and NewCS1.60... i believe.

I hear NewCS 1.65 is the way to go.

BTW When you say "reset" do you mean to download a latest image from PLi ?

Group 1 Owner
    Thanks

"Reset' in the system menu. Reset Image. Dumps everything. All your plugins, configs etc. Reloads The Latest PLI. Will load NewSC 1.65. Then you change your CCcam 2.09 for 2.00. You then overwrite the NewSC.xml file and the CCcam.cfg file. These 2 are your OWN setups. And away we go........
    Cheers, Saintaholic

Group 1 Owner
    Thanks

I have all the faith in the world with the 'blue' button downloads. It loads automatically and the correct file for the correct image is loaded. The ONLY issue I believe you will have with Auto downloads, is configuration. Things like CCcam, OZTivo etc need to be configured correctly. Downloading the file in the first place is simply STEP 1: You need to find out which files (usually a cfg) to setup for your own pleasures. This includes info such as your IP address for the Dreambox, IP of your Gateway, Passwords etc etc etc.
    I believe Z80's image is very open (and has to be) to allow for generic setups. I would think you could go into these files and readjust for your own configuration.

Basically, if you have reloaded z80's, it prooves your unit is working OK and you had a conflict somewhere. OK, if you want CCcam 1.65, start again. RESET image. Let it reload. Scan your Sat. Download CCcam 2.0. Reload NewSC.xml and CCcam.cfg into the correct folders. Your there.

You can 'PM' me if you choose
    Cheers, Saintaholic

Premium Member
    Thanks

Hi Saintaholic - thanks, Much Appreciated. I have run out of time tonight due to work commitments.

Looking forward to trying this out probably tomorrow.

Never have been big on PLi before (more of a Gemini man) but I am warming very fast to PLi

Thanks again.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Hi Buddy

I have tried your "reset" through the system menu - (I assume this was the factory reset)
    When I further use the blue button download NewCS1.60 and CCcam 2.04 is the best I get.

I am still trying to get that elusive NewCs 1.65 loaded - any help will be appreciated

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Try here for the download

Leroy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by checkitout View Post
    Hi Buddy

I have tried your "reset" through the system menu - (I assume this was the factory reset)
    When I further use the blue button download NewCS1.60 and CCcam 2.04 is the best I get.

I am still trying to get that elusive NewCs 1.65 loaded - any help will be appreciated
    Once a later image is released, image makers rarely put updated cams in the downloads for an old image. Therefore cam versions you see in the downloads are usually tied to the vintage of the image you are using - so if they are the versions you see that would indicate the age of the image
    try the latest pli jade - under software management in there - the versions you are after are up to date.

If you are using a 500s which might be a clone - be VERY careful about later Gemini versions - my gut feeling is - dont touch them regardless

Premium Member
    Thanks

Hi nfnovice - you got it.

I have worked it out - at least for the PLI image. What I found is that I needed to download the latest image, then the latest menu, after which downloading a softcam showed NewCS1.65 .. as well as Cccam2.011 - thanks muchly

BTW I am staying away from Gemini images for obvious reasons. Thanks again

Thanks

Hi all ,just a question,why would you use cccam 2.0.0 over 2.0.11?
    Doesnt 2.0.0 not do updates?

Thanks

read it again - the poster said - for softcam reasons
    It is a hobby so mileage varies
    Loving IPTV with XBMC and android M8
    Join in the XBMCHUB community and visit me at http://tvaddons.ag/