Thread: Dreambox DM-600 Tuning Problems

Thanks

Default Dreambox DM-600 Tuning Problems

Hey there,

Please bare in mind that i'm a noob with satellite stuff, but i'm very good at following instructions, entering settings etc. Also bare with me as this is probably a bit long to read. I'm a bit desperate as i have read as much as i can but either its far too confusing or does not work. I'm hoping to get some straight answers.

I've been having issues trying to setup my satellite box for a while now, though i have got it to somewhat work it's far from optimal.

This is what i know... and hopefully you guys will be able to help me with tuning this properly.

I have a 2.4m dish, with a single LNB, without a motor. It is pointed to AsiaSat-2 currently, and does, and still will work fine with my current set top box, and did for a short while on the DM-600.

It is tuned to C-Band. On the old box the tuner settings were as follows:

LO 0.9 5150 (not sure what this means)
    Toneburst A
    22Khz ON
    DiSEqC Off

Previously i had the DM-600 tuned, for some reason it would only pick up channels if i setup the satellite as being AsiaSat3 (even though it is really pointed to AsiaSat2, and i can confirm the channels matched the ones on AsiaSat's website as being AsiaSat2 [one of which includes the one we got satellite for - RTPi). When i tried to tune AsiaSat2 it would come up with an error regarding LOF Vertical (not sure what this means).

One day ... all of a sudden all the channels started to stutter and eventually only the vertical frequency channels would tune... and then even those stopped working. I plugged in the old box... and everything worked perfectly. (i did the usual restart box, turn off from power, at no avail).

I thought then to run a loop cable from the DM-600 loop port, to the other satellite box LNB connection... lo and behold all of a sudden the horizontal channels would work (but only when the other box had tuned in to horizontal channels, for some reason vertical never worked, even when vertical channels were tuned).

So at the moment at least i can access the horizontal channels, but no vertical channels (which at least lets me view RTPi).

There are a few things i have noticed don't quite add up, and hopefully someone can help me with this.

My LNB settings don't quite add up.. i've read elsewhere they should be set to the following for C-band:

LOF/L 5150
    LOF/H 5150
    Threshold 5150

However my settings are currently:

LOF/L 9710
    LOF/H 10600
    Threshold 11700

They sort of work (once again only if plugged in to loop).

I have tried the other settings to no avail.

Also if my box is not looped to the other STB it will not tune into to any channels, no matter what. (It used to without problems).

The other thign is i can only find channels if i do Satellite Blindscan (automatic and manual will not work).

Another interesting thing i have come across is that all the channels that it does pick up with blindscan do not match the frequencies from the other box (which also match the ones provided by asiasat on their website).

Old Box and Asiasat website:

Symbol rate: 28.125Msym/sec
    FEC: 3/4
    Frequency 4000 MHz
    Polarization Horizontal

On Dreambox:

Symbol rate: 28.123 Msym/sec (which is close enough)
    FEC: 3/4
    Frequency: 10899 Mhz
    Polarization Horizontal

Why do the frequencies not match? It doesnt really make sense?

Has this something to do with the LNB settings?

Any ideas as to how i can get vertical channels to work?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I partly figured out what happened... my power supply was fubar, which explained why my hard drive also stopped working all of a sudden.

Now i'm able to tune both vertical and horizontal channels (and therefore able to access all the channels). The frequencies however still don't make sense... they're still far higher than they should be... anyone know why?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zyrorl View Post
    I partly figured out what happened... my power supply was fubar, which explained why my hard drive also stopped working all of a sudden.

Now i'm able to tune both vertical and horizontal channels (and therefore able to access all the channels). The frequencies however still don't make sense... they're still far higher than they should be... anyone know why?
    Your LNB settings must be wrong. As you stated in your earlier post, C band LNB's require the 5150 setting..

Jumpstart

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jumpstart View Post
    Your LNB settings must be wrong. As you stated in your earlier post, C band LNB's require the 5150 setting..

Jumpstart
    when i do that though... blind scan or auto scan does not pick it up...
    what should all the settings be?

ie. each of the 3 frequencies?

Thanks

details for all the TP's etc

you need to read the manual & confirm you have the correct LNB settings in the DM600.. confirm the settings fro the LNB its self or the box it came in etc..

IF its all working from the old decoder .. write them down & copy them into the DM..

make sure you restart just to make sure ..

OH confirm the LNB voltage settings are correct for V/H ..
    DM500s & Relook 400S Owner.. was now =
    copy of ATV Flash for ATV Gen1
    WTD : Sniper Elite for Wii - with Rifle if possible

RIP gw1, "LIFE MEMBER" u will be sadly missed