Thread: Solution 16plus RF keyfob arm/disarm strobe flashing

Thanks

Default Solution 16plus RF keyfob arm/disarm strobe flashing

Hi

Is there any way to reduce the number of times the strobe flashers when arming and disarming via RF Keyfob. It flashes about 16 times when disarming and 10 times when arming. It would be good if it was something like 2 flashers to arm and 1 to disarm. I read the install manual and couldn`t find anything that would do it.

thanks

Look Here ->
    Banned
    Thanks

Cool

I don't think you'll be able to change those parameters ( they are set in the firmware) What you could do is use a free o/p (or get an o/p expander if there are no free o/ps) and then program that to do what you want. One flash will not be reliable, sometimes it will not flash at all. Program the o/p based on time ,not the number of flashes. A 2 second o/p should give between 2 & 3 flashes for most strobes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by watchdog View Post
    I don't think you'll be able to change those parameters ( they are set in the firmware) What you could do is use a free o/p (or get an o/p expander if there are no free o/ps) and then program that to do what you want. One flash will not be reliable, sometimes it will not flash at all. Program the o/p based on time ,not the number of flashes. A 2 second o/p should give between 2 & 3 flashes for most strobes.
    Ok thanks watchdog.. Thats what i was thinking. I would then just have to disable strobe with rf keyfob arm/disarm.

Thanks

Or put a red LED on the siren cover :P
    Flashing when armed, not flashing when disarmed hehe..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keef82 View Post
    Or put a red LED on the siren cover :P
    Flashing when armed, not flashing when disarmed hehe..
    Great so every one can soon figure out when you are home or away or even better as I have experienced break into the place because the system was disarmed (In this case LED on Siren Cover off) whilst the poor owner was in the back of the house watching TV.

Thanks

but then the led would flash after exit delay, which defeats the purpose if im understanding correctly... i would think that the strobe flashing would be a good enough indication, no matter how many flashes... or you could probably turn the horn sounds on... i think its 3 for away, 2 for home, and 1 for disarm, or something like that...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by noRbackwards View Post
    Great so every one can soon figure out when you are home or away or even better as I have experienced break into the place because the system was disarmed (In this case LED on Siren Cover off) whilst the poor owner was in the back of the house watching TV.
    Agreed Ron, had a boss who loved to put LED's on the siren cover used to shit me to tears.

Why is it the dopiest techs end up owning their own companies and being hugely successful? I've worked for two of the largest privately owned companies in SA and both owners did the worst work I have ever seen!!