Thread: Does CCcam have dual tuner support

Thanks

Default Does CCcam have dual tuner support

Hi

Im thinking of getting a decoder that has two tuners in it.
    I currently using a DM600s but I have to watch what I record

So I was wondering is there support for dual tuners, how does it work, do you need to run CCcam twice? How do you reference the second tuner?

Also any recommendations on a good dual tuner box?

Thanks

uflca

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I have a DM600 (pli-jade image), a Relook 200S (pli-jade image) and a Relook 400S (neumo image). The 400S has dual tuners & allows me to record one program while watching another. There are a couple of caveats though:

Enigma images on the 400S only support one tuner - hence the neumo image.

Neumo images only support CCcam versions up to 2.0.0 - I'm using 1.7.1 which is adequate for me.

CCcam versions before 2.1.11 don't update my f**tel card, so I have to have the card in either the 600 or the 200S.

The current neumo image doesn't support an extended EPG (only get now & next program) - this may be fixed in the upcoming release.

Thanks

Yes.

I have a DM7025 which I'm happy with despite some Power Supply issues. I believe that the current model (DM7025+) has a more reliable PSU.

I just watch FTA TV on Aurora. This is encrypted with Irdeto1 and 2. I have a valid sub card but haven't used this with CCCam. Instead, I use either CCCam, Evocamd, Mgcamd or Scam as an emulator. All these cam support dual tuners which means you can record from two different transponders.

Note that ABC TV WA, GWN, WIN, IMP and NITV are all on one transponder, and Seven Central and SBS WA are on another transponder. So two tuners is sufficient for me to record any of these channels simulataneously. I find that there is no time to watch all the recorded programming so pay TV is not worth considering for me.

Your experience with the DM600 probably tells you what is possible with pay TV cards. One question that I cannot answer is: Do the anti - CS measures implemented by some pay TV providers prevent a card from being shared between the two tuners within a receiver? You may want to have someone give an answer to this if you are keen on the pay TV subscription.

If you get an answer to this last question, I'd like to know in case I ever change my mind about subscription TV.

cheers

Thanks

Ok so it sounds like its not so much the cam but the OS that is important here.

uflca

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by uflca View Post
    Hi

Im thinking of getting a decoder that has two tuners in it.
    I currently using a DM600s but I have to watch what I record

So I was wondering is there support for dual tuners, how does it work, do you need to run CCcam twice? How do you reference the second tuner?

Also any recommendations on a good dual tuner box?

Thanks

uflca
    Yes I have a 7025.You can record a program and anything on the same transponder can be recorded or watched.
    The other tuner operates completely separatly.