Thread: Dreambox 7025 hardrive

Thanks

Default Dreambox 7025 hardrive

Hi all I am begining to get very frustrated with trying to put a 500 gig
    hardrive (western digital) into my dm 7025, the box just doesnt see it so that I can format it.
    I have even tried putting the old Samsung 200 gig that had previously worked but since formatted in my PC with windows and now wont even see that either, I have tried multipal jumper setting on the back of the hardrive but with no luck and the Image I am using atm is Gemini but have tried a few others.
    Does anyone have any sudgestions I could try?
    Cheers.
    Last edited by reeco; 10-04-09 at 02:13 PM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I've used various HDD in my 7025. 250G Seagate IDE and 320G Western Digital (AV green series) IDE and 500G Seagate SATA with IDE adapter. They all worked well enough and I think I formatted them in the 7025. I used to run Gemini but for the last 10 months have been running LT5.0 because of the 7 day EPG.

Although the 500G SATA drive worked, the performance was affected by the adapter (seemed to pause for 1/2 second every couple of seconds during file transfers under DCC)... so I've gone back to the 320G IDE. So I don't believe there is a problem with 500G versus smaller capacities.

regards

Thanks

I run a 160G in my 7025 with no problems.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reeco View Post
    Hi all I am begining to get very frustrated with trying to put a 500 gig
    hardrive (western digital) into my dm 7025, the box just doesnt see it so that I can format it.
    I have even tried putting the old Samsung 200 gig that had previously worked but since formatted in my PC with windows and now wont even see that either, I have tried multipal jumper setting on the back of the hardrive but with no luck and the Image I am using atm is Gemini but have tried a few others.
    Does anyone have any sudgestions I could try?
    Cheers.
    Just to be sure try another ide cable i had a similar problem with my new 7025+ and found the new ide cable was faulty, any things worth a tryalso had a issue with a image that when installed it did not see the hard drive, i then went back to the original dm image and it found the hard drive ok then after that i put the other image in the box and all was fine.

Thanks

Thanks guys, what I have found is that Gemini could not see any of my hardrives in any of the differant configerations so I used another Image and now I can format it but still doesnt work in Gemini.