Thread: after playing mp3 DM problems

Thanks

Default after playing mp3 DM problems

Please help what am I doing wrong

I select file mode and on the HD I have a folder called music inside that folder I have many other folders by band/group name inside those folders are usually MP3 files

I have no problem playing these files what so ever although it does not jump to the next folder after playing selected folder but if I switch back to TV mode while playing an MP3 file the dreambox does weird things you hear the HD shut down immediately and no TV works. After many power downs/up/restarts etc you have to nearly do a full first time install including time zones launguage tv settings and satellite setting - the last didn,t even show 160.0 as an option it was blank but did work
    I have tried originally going directly back to tv mode while listening to mp3 files and just also tried the stop button before returning to TV no difference

Is there something I am missing that you must do to back to TV mode from listening to MP3 - I think I had the same problem with other stuff I had recorded on the HD

My setup DM 7020 200GB H/D

Look Here ->
    Thanks

The 7020 is running what software?
    It is a hobby so mileage varies
    Loving IPTV with XBMC and android M8
    Join in the XBMCHUB community and visit me at http://tvaddons.ag/

Thanks

PLi jade latest image and previous image as well as Gemini 4.2 I am thinking it may be a PSU issue not supplying enough current cause as soon as you switch back to TV mode you hear a click as if the power supply has been switched off however the LCD is still on
    Have taken out hard drive for now may try with another one at a later stage if I don't sell the unit which I am considering

Thanks

I have had a similar issue with Jade on my DM7020, so I went to Nabilosat image, then that problem and another went away and has been pretty solid running 24/7. Nabilosat is a very nice image though it took me a while give it a go after all the feedback Leroy gave it.

I cannot comment on your TV to MP3 switching problem, though the Nabilosat image may fix that too.

Thanks

Default Jukebox v0.8 in Gemini 4.6

You don't say what MP3 player you are using in your DM7020. I am using Jukebox v0.8 on my German DM7020si with the Gemini 4.6 image, no problems at all.
    Jukebox was included as an Add-on in Gemini 4.6.
    I can exit Jukebox while playing an MP3 using the Exit button on the remote and it reverts to the background TV channel without any drama. Gemini 4.6 is on a USB memorystick and the MP3 files are in sub-directories on an 80 Gb internal WD HDD. Hope that is some help?

Thanks

Default File mode in Gemini 4.2

Further checking in Gemini 4.2, and my DM7020 plays MP3s selected from the internal hard drive and reverts back to TV mode without any of the problems that you describe. My internal hard disk drive is an 80 GB Western Digital. (I used Jukebox for playing my MP3s because I can load a full playlist of over 400 tracks from several CD sub-directories). Does seem that you are experiencing a hard drive or power supply problem, which may not change by trying a different image. I would expect you to have a similar problem if you were playing back a movie recorded on your internal hard disk drive, when you exit from the HDD and it goes into hibernation. Have you checked recorded movie playback??