Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DM500S - No Lock on C Band

Thanks

Default DM500S - No Lock on C Band

HI,

I have just connected a DM500S (Clone) to a C Band LNB. I am not getting any Lock on AS4. I have got another receiver connected and it works fine. I am also getting a high BER number. That's probably the reason it is not locking. I am suspecting there is something wrong with the settings or faulty DM.

Can somebody guide on what to do.

Regards

Look Here ->
    Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,458 Times in 1,141 Posts

Have you set it to 'non standard user defined config', highlighted 'LNB0', pressed OK and set the LNB to 05150 in all three boxes?
    Reality is an invention of my imagination.
    ಠ_ಠ

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fernbay View Post
    Have you set it to 'non standard user defined config', highlighted 'LNB0', pressed OK and set the LNB to 05150 in all three boxes?
    Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah i have done that. Still no success. Also there are 2 other LNB setting i.e. 22 Hz and Voltage. I have tried all options still does not work. What settings for these are supposed to be used.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

For CBand, it should be as I have posted above.
    Can you hook it upto a KU band dish & see if it works?

Otherwise have a look at this thread ( ) as there may be more to it than just a config prob.
    ಠ_ಠ

Thanks

On, no -standard user def. conf. you must have 2(two) Asia sat 4 C .One is you`ve setup and the otherone was on the list.When you auto scan it scans the one is in the list not the one you setup.
    So find the one in the list and make the setting same as the one you just setup save the LNB conf. and save the sat conf. setups .And auto trans. scan...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MR-MIXER View Post
    On, no -standard user def. conf. you must have 2(two) Asia sat 4 C .One is you`ve setup and the otherone was on the list.When you auto scan it scans the one is in the list not the one you setup.
    So find the one in the list and make the setting same as the one you just setup save the LNB conf. and save the sat conf. setups .And auto trans. scan...
    I tried that as well still no result. Anyway now i have returned that DM500 and i am looking at buying a new one.

Thanks for all your help.

Group 1 Owner
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,632 Times in 742 Posts

Bit late now, But did you try and have the DM500s hooked up through the 'loop out' and have 2 decoders working as once. Somehow, I bet ya did. The problem is, I bet ya had the other decoder on a Horiz channel and the dream was searching a vert channel. Horiz is 18v and will overide the vert at 14v.

If you had the dream solely hooked up, select non standard, 5150 in all 3 boxes, SAVE ! Turn 22k to off. and make sure the H/V is selected in the last column.

Reboot your box. go to SatFind. Select a Freq you know you can get on the other box. It will lock in if you have everything setup correctly.

Just curious, what channel were you watching on the other decoder??
    Cheers, Saintaholic

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saintaholic View Post
    Bit late now, But did you try and have the DM500s hooked up through the 'loop out' and have 2 decoders working as once. Somehow, I bet ya did. The problem is, I bet ya had the other decoder on a Horiz channel and the dream was searching a vert channel. Horiz is 18v and will overide the vert at 14v.

If you had the dream solely hooked up, select non standard, 5150 in all 3 boxes, SAVE ! Turn 22k to off. and make sure the H/V is selected in the last column.

Reboot your box. go to SatFind. Select a Freq you know you can get on the other box. It will lock in if you have everything setup correctly.

Just curious, what channel were you watching on the other decoder??
    I tried directly as well as through the loop out. Nothing seemed to work. Also i tried all possible combination's for LNB settings. Nothing worked.

Also i tried a number of frequencies, nothing locked. After spending almost a day on that, i gave up and returned the box. After reading all other posts about faulty Tuner on clone DM500s, i thought that the box was faulty.

I was after Indian FTA channels on AS4 and AS3.

Thanks

An update on my position. The DM500 has been replaced. It tuned immediately on both C and Ku band. Now to the next step.

My setup is that i have a Ku dish pointing at OD2 and C band motorised dish.

My setup is that the cables from both the LNB's goes to a Diseqc switch and 1 cable from the switch goes to the positioner and from there to the receiver. How can i program the DM so that when i change channel it sends the signal to the positioner to move the dish to the memorised location.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

i cannot understand , u mean u have 2 dishes , 1 motorised and 1 fixed ?

Anyway i think (didn't tried it) u should put the DiseqC before positioner.

Receiver -> DiseqC -> then dish1,dish2,dish3, dish4 ( no matter if they are fixed or motorised)

Thanks

Thanks for all your help. Now everything is up and running as planned. All satellites set in memory of DM.

Now when i change channels it automatically gives signal to the positioner to move and the dish moves to the prestored location. Once i figured out how to do it, it seems so easy.

About the diseqc switch, the cables from 2 LNB's (1 motorised C band and 1 fixed Ku) comes to the Diseqc switch. The output from the Diseqc switch goes to the positioner and the output from the positioner goes to the DM.

Everybody's help is appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

Now i have another problem, which is making some of the channels unwatchable on AS4. I am getting high BER on Horizontal channels and the picture breaks up. Also the vertical channels are good with low BER on higher frequencies i.e. 4180 V but higher BER on lower Vertical i.e. 3820 V but still watchable. Can anybody think why this can happen.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hawamahal View Post
    Hi,

Now i have another problem, which is making some of the channels unwatchable on AS4. I am getting high BER on Horizontal channels and the picture breaks up. Also the vertical channels are good with low BER on higher frequencies i.e. 4180 V but higher BER on lower Vertical i.e. 3820 V but still watchable. Can anybody think why this can happen.
    LNB skew, poor connections (moisture ingress, etc), faulty LNB, dish alignment slightly out... all possibilities.

Check the simple things first, like connections and LNB skew.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    LNB skew, poor connections (moisture ingress, etc), faulty LNB, dish alignment slightly out... all possibilities.

Check the simple things first, like connections and LNB skew.
    thanks for the quick reply.

AS3 is working fine, since it is a motorized setup. I am sure i can rule out the connections. Can the LNB skew cause H to work for one satellite and not the other.

Also can the alignment be the problem since Vertical channels are working perfectly and the problem is with the Horizontal transponders only. If it is possible then i will look into alignment.

Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Can the LNB skew cause H to work for one satellite and not the other.
    Yes. Skew changes from sat to sat

Also can the alignment be the problem since Vertical channels are working perfectly and the problem is with the Horizontal transponders only. If it is possible then i will look into alignment.

Thanks
    Yes. Skew changes from sat to sat and the power level from vert and hoz also changes from sat to sat.

It is important that the skew is 'peeked'. Also the focal lengh (the distance from LNB to the center of the dish.)

Once skew is set, it should follow for the rest of the sats on the clarke belt.

If you want to see the skew change, move your dish from East to West and note how the orientation of the coax out of the lnb changes as the dish moves across the belt
    ಠ_ಠ

Thanks

Thanks

I will play around with the skew on the weekend. Any suggestions on how i should go about doing it, as 1 satellite reception is perfect.

Thanks

90 Deg------------>LNB (6 Oclock)<--------------180 Deg

Then , (if you set the Clarke ok) Unkle Clarke Will fix it for you..

Thanks

Hello All!

I hope you will be able to help me!

Here's my setup! I have a four port diseqc switch, with the following connections.

Port 1 = Eutelsat W3A = KU Band
    Port 2 = Intelsat 7/10 = KU Band
    Port 3 = Telstar 12 = KU Band
    Port 4 = Empty (

I have now successfully setup Intelsat 7/10 C-Band and its connected to the fourth port.

I am using a Dreambox 500 S, with a PLi Jade image.

When I scan it does not lock on the C-Band Channels.

This are the settings that I have tried

LOF1 = 5150
    LOF2 = 5150
    Threshold = 0

I have also tried

LOF1 = 5150
    LOF2 = 5150
    Threshold = 11700

I have also tried

LOF1 = 5150
    LOF2 = 10700
    Threshold = 11700

What am I doing wrong? Thanks

An update on my position. The DM500 has been replaced. It tuned immediately on both C and Ku band. Now to the next step.

My setup is that i have a Ku dish pointing at OD2 and C band motorised dish.

My setup is that the cables from both the LNB's goes to a Diseqc switch and 1 cable from the switch goes to the positioner and from there to the receiver. How can i program the DM so that when i change channel it sends the signal to the positioner to move the dish to the memorised location.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

LO: 5150
    HO: 5150
    Threshold: 3400
    It is a hobby so mileage varies
    Loving IPTV with XBMC and android M8
    Join in the XBMCHUB community and visit me at http://tvaddons.ag/

Thanks

Thank You! I will try that! Ta!

Quote Originally Posted by jonc View Post
    LO: 5150