Thread: Sherwood RD8601 Transformer

Thanks

Default Sherwood RD8601 Transformer

I’m looking for help finding a replacement mains transformer for a Sherwood RD8601 amplifier. It has an open primary winding which is probably a blown thermal fuse but I can’t see an easy way to get to it. The numbers on the transformer are 8200960610280 RJ 532 SET

Any help locating one is these will be appreciated.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

If it is a blown thermal fuse they usually aren't that hard to get at. Carefully cut away the outer layer of insulation on the side that the primary leads enter. Peel the insulation back to expose the thermal fuse (which is usually a small black cube in series with the primary). If the thermal fuse is open the transformer itself is often still good.

In cases where I couldn't find a replacement thermal fuse I have bridged it out and then put the insulation back on with a piece of tape to hold it in place. If you do bridge out the thermal fuse you must install an appropriately rated fuse in series with the primary (if there isn't already one in the unit).

Thanks

Thanks for your suggestion dr.ido
    I may have to do this if I cant track down a replacement. Hopefully someone here knows where to buy Sherwood specific parts.

Thanks

Sometimes the thermal fuse has terminals which allow access to both ends of it, especially multi voltage types. Then its simply a matter of bridgeing both terminals together. The types that have pins as terminals instead of flying leads seem to lend themselves to this most often.......