Thread: PaPaGO 7 for Windows Mobile with NSW, QLD & VIC Maps - TUTORIAL

Thanks

Talking PaPaGO 7 for Windows Mobile with NSW, QLD & VIC Maps - TUTORIAL

If there are any mistakes, please PM me to let me know so that I can fix them.
    Please notify me of dead links as well, I'll do my best to fix it.

for most of you, it will work the first time, however some of you will have problems,
    some minor and some major. All devices are different and you will get many different types
    of errors. I can't list all the issues here but I want to ask people to help each other out
    and support each other if someone asks for help. I'll do my best as well.

If there are newer versions of what I uploaded here, please let me know, please dont just say
    there is a newer one, please supply the link or upload it yourself. Thanks

I Can't find the rest of the maps for Australia, If you have them or know where they are, please let me know or upload them, Thanks

THINGS TO KNOW:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

1) NSW, VIC and QLD map only (Australia)
    2) English Female voices only
    3) If you get errors or trouble starting the application ask here for help or Google it, because google is your friend.
    4) None of my archives have passwords - I share, not keep secrets.
    5) Don't extract directly to the memory card, files tend to get corrupt that way !
    6) This navigator is not the best and has very few options, but download it and give it ago, you may like it.
    7) No map activation required but you need to replace the exe with the cracked one, which is supplied.
    8) If someone has a newer or better version then this, PLEASE upload it or give the link
    8) I think the Aussie female voice is hot in this app lol.
    9) For CE4.2 its not necessary to do the registry trick if you have heaps of space on your internal storage.

WHAT DEVICE DOES THIS WORK ON?

1) Any Windows Mobile 5.0 or 6.5 devices
    2) I have not tested it yet on my Chinese In-Car DVD/GPS system that runs a CE5.0 core (I don't think it will work though)
    3) Confirmed working on my HTC TyTN II Mobile Phone, Dopod 838 Pro Mobile Phone and mio168 running windows mobile 2003 with CE 4.2 core)

WHAT TO DOWNLOAD:

1) REQUIRED - software (10mb)
    2) REQUIRED - NSW, VIC & QLD (seperate map files, 87mb total rar)

PREPERATION:

1) OPTIONAL - Back up any previous versions of PaPaGO7 data that you may have (eg: poi's, maps, speed cams, voices etc).
    2) OPTIONAL - Uninstall/Delete any previous PaPaGO7 versions/directories.
    3) If your CE device / PDA / PPC uses a SD card for the maps and software, then you'll need a SD card reader for your computer or laptop or you can plug your device in via the USB to transfer data that way, depending on your device.
    3) REQUIRED - Have installed.

INSTALLATION FOR WINDOWS MOBILE 5.0 / 6.5:

1) Extract [PaPaGO7.rar] to a temp folder of your hard drive
    2) Copy the [PaPaGOV7_S.PPC300_2577.cab] file to a temp folder of your SD memory card.
    3) Open your file explorer (or equivalent) and go to where you copied the [PaPaGOV7_S.PPC300_2577.cab]
    4) Run/Install the [PaPaGOV7_S.PPC300_2577.cab], when asked, install to "Storage Card"
    5) Once complete, press ok - If papago starts automatically, just exit it because its not cracked yet.
    6) Go to the [Crack] folder where you originally extracted [PaPaGO7.rar]
    7) Copy [PaPaGO7.exe] to Storage Card\Miction\PaPaGOV7 and overwrite original file.
    8) Assuming you have downloaded and extracted the [Maps.rar] copy the [Maps] folder to Storage Card\Miction\PaPaGOV7
    9) Start PaPaGO from your today screen.
    10) Click TOOLS > OPEN MAP... then select your desired map
    11) Enjoy (maybe lol)
    12) OPTIONAL - You can delete the file [Sydney_Demo.G10] if you wish - This file is located in Storage Card\Miction\PaPaGOV7
    13) OPTIONAL - You can put the map files anywhere on your storage card, does not have to be in a maps folder under papago

TWEAKING YOUR CE4.2 DEVICE FOR INSTALLATION:

Before installing on your CE4.2 device, here are some tricks that may assist.
    CE4.2 devices with this cab file don't give you an option for the installation destination.
    So we are going to tweak the registry and force CE4.2 to give us this option !
    If you're a newbie or Noob, please dont attempt this as you may stuff up your registry and you
    will need to format/hard reset your device. I hold no responsibility for your mistakes.

You will need a registry editor, I'm using and its registry editor addon, it has a 7-day trial
    which should be plenty for what you want to do. Once Resco is installed on your PPC,
    click on START > PROGRAMS > RESCO REGISTRY. Go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\apps\Microsoft Application Installer\fAskDest = 1 (DWORD decimal)

To disable again:

HKLM\Software\apps\Microsoft Application Installer\fAskDest = 0 (DWORD decimal)

Please note: That some applications do not support being installed on the Storage Card and may behave unpredictably, including crashing, so you may need to change it back to 0 once you finished, but I've left it on 1 myself.

You may notice that CE4.2 may delete the cab file after its installed, to get around this do the following:
    (this step is not necessary, only optional)

HKLM\Software\apps\Microsoft Application Installer\nDynamicDelete = 0 (DWORD decimal)

Or to restore to the default:

HKLM\Software\apps\Microsoft Application Installer\nDynamicDelete = 2 (DWORD decimal)

There are plenty of tweaks if your interested...

INSTALLATION FOR WINDOWS MOBILE 2003 and CE4.2 DEVICES:

1) Extract [PaPaGO7.rar] to a temp folder of your hard drive
    2) Copy the [PaPaGOV7_S.PPC300_2577.cab] file to a temp folder of your SD memory card.
    3) Open your file explorer (or equivelant) and go to where you copied the [PaPaGOV7_S.PPC300_2577.cab]
    4) Run/Install the [PaPaGOV7_S.PPC300_2577.cab], It should now ask you where you want it, install to "Storage Card"
    5) Once complete, press ok - If papago starts automatically, just exit it because its not cracked yet.
    6) Go to the [Crack] folder where you orginally extracted [PaPaGO7.rar]
    7) Copy [PaPaGO7.exe] to Storage Card\Miction\PaPaGOV7 and overwrite original file.
    8) Assuming you have downloaded and extracted the [Maps.rar] copy the [Maps] folder to Storage Card\PaPaGOV7
    9) Start PaPaGO from your today screen.
    10) Click TOOLS > OPEN MAP... then select your desired map
    11) Enjoy (maybe lol)
    12) OPTIONAL - You can delete the file [Sydney_Demo.G10] if you wish
    13) OPTIONAL - You can put the files anywhere on your storage card, does not have to be in a maps folder under papago

That is it ! Enjoy
    Last edited by hollowman; 10-11-09 at 07:29 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hollowman For This Useful Post:

gordonwh40 (07-10-10)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

thanks

Thanks

I have a copy of Papago 7 unused unregistered complete in box if you are interested in buying it to help you get all of AU

Thanks

I tried to install this to my WinCe5 no name unit. Installed ok but when I go to run it I get a message that says .. "Please Set GPS Path First".

Anyone know how to do that ?

ps - I have had PaPaGo running on a Pocket PC Win Mobile 6.0 Device for quite some time with no issues.
    Last edited by xr6falcon; 21-11-10 at 04:03 AM.