Thread: AWA W5135F remote problems

Thanks

Default AWA W5135F remote problems

Hi,
    I'm trying to help someone at work with a problem they are having with their TV. The orginal remote control was dead, he brought it into work and I checked it out, and it was totally stuffed, board corroded etc. He bought a replacement from someone who said it was a 'universal AWA' remote control, sure enough it was an AWA remote control. However he couldn't get it to function at all with the tv. I checked the remote and it was sending ir commands (maybe not the correct ones). I suggested that he bought himself a universal remote and that I'd program in the correct codes. He bought one for $6.00 and it had a list of 3 codes that could be used with AWA tv's.
    The first code sort of worked, ie mute button would change channels most of the other buttons wouldn't respond. Next day I put in the 2nd code and it didn't work at all same with the 3rd code.
    So now I'm wondering if anyone knows who made this model (I'm assuming it's been rebadged) and maybe I can try the codes for the manufacturers model.
    Before coming to me he had tried about two other universal remotes and couldn't get anywhere with them. So the set may well be faulty and I could ask him to bring it in for me to have a look at but I thought I'd see if I can find out who makes this model first.
    As I checked his orginal remote control I know that it was definately faulty that's what makes me think it's just a faulty remote control problem rather than the receiver.

Look Here ->
    In the back of a 50 kW AM broadcast transmitter
    Thanks

I doubt the TV is the problem - most likely incompatible remote codes.

The AWA name has been butchered and used by many different companies, to the point now that there is probably not even a true AWA set on the market any more.

Chances are, as you say, the set is a re-badged Kamakooza or such - probably has nothing to do with AWA at all.
    What I find useful are the universal remotes where you can make them scan through the various codes until it turns the TV off - at which point you let go of the button and it stores that code. Generally when it does that, it has found the right one for that set.