Thread: dreambox 800HD service searching

Thanks

Default dreambox 800HD service searching

hi, I have a dreambox 800HD and I am having trouble in setting it , in Satellite Tuner Configuration> I set it for Four satellites via Diseqc A/B/C/D and when I scan it only scans the satellite that has the universal LNB and the other 3 one is 5150 C BAND one is 10700 and one is 11300 KU. I also tried to set each satellites individually with the corrisponding A/B/C/D DISEQC positions , with no luck, If any one has set this box in this configuration successfully I will appreciate a reply.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post
    hi, I have a dreambox 800HD and I am having trouble in setting it , in Satellite Tuner Configuration> I set it for Four satellites via Diseqc A/B/C/D and when I scan it only scans the satellite that has the universal LNB and the other 3 one is 5150 C BAND one is 10700 and one is 11300 KU. I also tried to set each satellites individually with the corrisponding A/B/C/D DISEQC positions , with no luck, If any one has set this box in this configuration successfully I will appreciate a reply.
    I had similar problem. Not quite similar confoguration as yours, only using two LNBs.

I have attached a guide for tuner setup, just change the LNBs and choose the desired satellites to suit your settings.

If you are using a single input Disecq switch just scroll through the Disecq selection AA/AB/BA/BB until you get signal. Do one satellite at a time otherwise it gets to confusing!

The mistake I did: I forgot to name LNB1, LNB2 etc. If you don't then only one satellite is scanned!

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Hi There,

I am new too but in last 2 days learnt a lot(no doubt wife hates me for sitting in front of this box all day along)

Assuming you added all the info properly while configuring settings for all the LNB's (advanced is usually the best way). Then when it comes to scanning, use manual scan and it allows you to do scanning for all settalites you configured or just the ones you want to search for. Before that using Satfinder make sure all the 3 settalites has good reception else even after scan nothing will be found.

LBN settings are must in DM's, till you get it right you cannot scan for all the channels.

Couple of threads down I have created similar thread where guys were helping me.
    Be nice to newbies, they have every right to make mistakes

Thanks

You sure you have a DM800? There is no setting page called Satellite tuner configuration. It sounds like you are looking at an E1 box...does your setup page look like the one in this thread?

Last edited by remote; 27-12-09 at 04:25 PM.

Thanks

There is an example in the PLi wiki, if you have the PLi software installed have a look

It is a hobby so mileage varies
    Loving IPTV with XBMC and android M8
    Join in the XBMCHUB community and visit me at http://tvaddons.ag/

Thanks

What happened with this?

Thanks

Default dreambox 800HD service searching

Hi all for replying, I have it working I had to select disecq 1.0 and select AA.AB BC.BB to the corrisponding ports of disecq switch and than search each one manualy, its little different than dreambox 500s, but its all working now .thanks to all for the input help.