Thread: ESPN To Introduce 3-D Sports Channel

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,871 Times in 886 Posts

Default ESPN To Introduce 3-D Sports Channel

ESPN To Introduce 3-D Sports Channel
    Channel Could Have 85 Events In First Year

Posted: 10:47 am CST January 5, 2010Updated: 6:03 pm CST January 5, 2010
    [FILE - In this June 17, 2009 file photo, South Korea's Park Ji-sung, right, scores the first goal as Iran's Nekounam Javad looks on during their 2010 FIFA World Cup Asia group 2 qualifying soccer match at Seoul World Cup Stadium in Seoul, South Korea. ESPN, owned by the Walt Disney Co., on Tuesday, Jan. 5, 2010 said it will introduce a sports channel this year that will broadcast live sports events using 3-D technology, starting with the FIFA World Cup soccer match on June 11.]
    AP Photo/Ahn Young-joon, File
    FILE - In this June 17, 2009 file photo, South Korea's Park Ji-sung, right, scores the first goal as Iran's Nekounam Javad looks on during their 2010 FIFA World Cup Asia group 2 qualifying soccer match at Seoul World Cup Stadium in Seoul, South Korea. ESPN, owned by the Walt Disney Co., on Tuesday, Jan. 5, 2010 said it will introduce a sports channel this year that will broadcast live sports events using 3-D technology, starting with the FIFA World Cup soccer match on June 11.
    Text Size
    AAA
    NEW YORK -- ESPN is looking to ride one of the next big waves in consumer electronics with a new 3-D sports channel.

The network, owned by the Walt Disney Co., says it will introduce a channel this year that will broadcast live sports events using the technology, starting with the FIFA World Cup soccer match on June 11.

The channel will not operate 24 hours a day, but plans to run at least 85 live events in its first year.

In an interview, ESPN's vice president for technology, Chuck Pagano, said the network is preparing for a "3-D tsunami" in the TV industry.

Major electronics makers such as Sony Corp. plan to bring 3-D TV sets to market soon, duplicating the 3-D trend that hit the movie industry in 2009.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

bugger 3D, I have spoken to my voices and they have ordered a redundant Hologram room for me when they next refit a Starship.
    None of these glasses but true interactive full in the face personal particpation for me !!!