Thread: LG TV 60PY2DR so lost

Thanks

Default LG TV 60PY2DR so lost

Hey guys, this is my first time posting, Im not really a electronics guy though im trying haha. I bought a broken LG plasma tv thinking it would be an awesome project and a good way to learn some more about electronics. Apparently the tv had turned itself off and wasnt turning back on. I somehow managed to move to the tv to my buddys place and started researching everything I can about tv repairs. When attempting to turn on the tv it would go from red to the orange standby then turn itself back off. I replaced a bad cap on the Y board and figured I was good to go. Same problem I traced out the power and noticed that everything from my power board is good accept Im not getting any VA or VS output to the other boards. I tried figuring out what was the problem but eventually figured it was beyond me at the moment and to buy a replacement power board. I installed the new board and hooked everything up and when I turn on the tv it makes the click noise and the HDD starts up. The light goes from red to blinking orange and then stays on orange. Once again taking a multimeter to the new power board Im not getting anything out of my VA or VS. Im wondering if perhaps the tv is recognizing something else bad and going to standby and cutting off power to the VA and VS as a safety option? Is there any way of diagnosing the tv with a computer or something. I foolishly picked a 60inch plasma for my first repair tv.
    I can upload pictures if that would help.

Thanks so much guys!

Look Here ->
    Thanks

try disconnecting the vs and va from both the y and z-sus pcb's and see if the voltages come up
    When I explained to the guy what avatar I wanted, that wasn't what I meant!

Thanks

Hey thanks for the reply, I will give that a go. So i tried checking to see if any voltage was going through the va or vs connector when attempting to turn the tv on. Nothing, so could that mean that the tv is detecting something wrong and would just shut down the power from the va and vs automatically. I think that this may be a concern so I started looking more into the "computer" board, they seem to be hard to find for a new one but Im looking anyway. Any ideas of what I should be looking for?

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,106 Times in 490 Posts

If you are new to plasma TV trouble shooting, perhaps may help you get started with a bit of basic repair information.
    "The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom." - Issac Asimov

• The Following User Says Thank You to TVguy For This Useful Post:

weirdo (03-12-13)