Thread: Samsung 3D TV v's Nvidia 3D Vision

Thanks

Default Samsung 3D TV v's Nvidia 3D Vision

I have been running Nvidia 3D Vision and a Alienware monitor for a week now, so i went to Harvey Norman (hardly normal) to check out the difference
    They had a Samsung 46" $3699 and bonus 2 x shutter glasses (Samsung UN46C7000 46-Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3D LED HDTV (Black))
    Salseman showed 2D to 3D conversion on regular tv, little bit of depth, not that good.
    Then put on Monsters vs Aiens 3D on BluRay, looked pretty good, but the 3D affects are no better than my Nvidia 3D setup, i have the trailer in HD

and the pop-out when the guy is hitting the ball with the paddle was exactly the same
    The i asked the salesman can you set Depth and Convergence on the Samsung he said No, i can with Nvidia, only thing Samsung has over Nvidia is the samsung glasses are lighter in weight and wrap arounf better, less light can get in from sides of glasses.

I though 3D Tv would be huge a few months ago, but now i am not so sure, both have very good depth but pop-out isnt less than avarage

Only good way of full 3D affects at home is Nvidia 3D and a 3D ready projector, the projector projects more than your field of view, and the pop-out affect are amazing
    Last edited by Jaz808; 01-05-10 at 02:29 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaz808 For This Useful Post:

comtj (17-05-10),mkhannah (30-04-10),OSIRUS (30-04-10)

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,639 Times in 835 Posts

Thanks Jaz808, reckon it will be something I will buy when the dust has settled and a few players come out on the market, and in turn the reviews.

Thanks

Here is the only Avatar 3D trailer, its German though, awsome in 3D

• The Following User Says Thank You to Jaz808 For This Useful Post:

pheggie (01-05-10)

Thanks

Coutersy 3D Blog

Australian Rugby Match in 3D on TV Before the 2010 FIFA World Cup

Channel 9

More and more sports events are getting the 3D treatment and there were just some news that the Australian Channel Nine TV network will be broadcasting the first 3D sports event in Australia (thanks to Philip Heggie for reporting that). They’ll be broadcasting in 3D the first of the three 2010 State of Origin Rugby League games on May 26th, namely the Queensland vs New South Wales (NSW) rugby match. It is interesting to note that the Australian government has temporary given the network an extra broadcasting spectrum for the event, welcoming the initiative, and it will be a terrestrial TV broadcast over the air, and not on cable. Of course in order to be able to watch it in 3D you’ll have to have a compatible 3D-ready TV set and so far the only ones available on the Australian market are the Samsung C7000 series. Sony and Panasonic may also have their 3D-ready HDTVs available on time for the event as they are expected in June, but that is still not clear yet. The 3D broadcast will be in HD 1080i resolution according to the HDMI 1.4 3D specs. The game will be covered by special 3D rigs consisting of two cameras each and there should be at least a few of these in different places along the stadium to cover the whole game, besides the normal 2D cameras that will also be there for the normal broadcast of the event. Unfortunately no news about online broadcast, so the event will kind of remain limited to Australia, but hopefully someone will make a recording and share it with the rest of the world…

Thanks

Forgot the mention Harvey Normans want $300 for a new hdmi 1.4 cable

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jaz808 View Post

How to watch avatar 3D and other split screen 3D like on youtube, a neat trick that works for me, if you sit back a bit from the monitor and if you can make the image full screen so you don't have any non 3d desktop showing
    1. now hold your hands in front of your face like you are praying
    2. keep your finger and palms touching make a tunnel to look through.
    3. with your eyes crossed movie your hand tunnel slowly toward the screen and back towards your eyes until you find a point with only one image visible it will be in 3D (your eyes crossed all the time) i.e. right eye sees left image left eye sees right image.

Without your hand tunnel you should see three images the tunnel helps trick the brain into seeing only the one middle 3D image
    Last edited by bigboy; 01-05-10 at 12:20 PM.

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,871 Times in 886 Posts

Here is the German 3d trailer remultiplexed with English
    soundtrack so absolutely no video quality loss
    84MB Download from

Cheers
    pheggie

• The Following User Says Thank You to pheggie For This Useful Post:

Jaz808 (02-05-10)

Thanks

I was impressed at a Cebit show at Darling Harbour some years ago that had 3D without need for glasses. And yes, you could walk around a bit and view from different angles - almost like the visual of Princess Liea being shown from R2D2 watched by Ben Kenobi.

Was also capable of converting over old film stock to reasonable 3D on the fly.
    Apparently some massive CPU in the TV box was doing all the work and claims it would be 10 yrs or so to become cost effective.

Thanks

Autostereoscopic, 3D without glasses is coming but not for around 5 years they say, as they havent perfected it yet and a small screen is $20,000 to make and it only works when you are directly in front or a very slight angle, thats why the CES show in Las Vegas this year had screens on top , below and beside each other in a hexagon (6 sided) shape, so if you walked around it, it was still like being in front of it

Back to the samsung yeah the screen is very shiny and does refelct, and it comes in 40" 46" & 55" which is much bigger than my Alienware 23", LG makes a 24" monitor and Asus is being out a 27" monitor

• The Following User Says Thank You to Jaz808 For This Useful Post:

Glennsat (02-05-10)

Thanks

For full 3D affects i would go with the nvdia setup in pc hooked toa 3D ready projector $899 - $1499 if you want more depth and pop-out
    Example below, the balls before the line is depth, the line is known by a few names Nuetral, Parralax, or where your eyes converge, the balls in front tof the line is pop-out, Biiger screen more depth and convergence
    Also project / cinema screen cover more then your field of view, your Pre-Referral vision so things seem to pop-out and float around more, as it doesnt toucj the sides of the screen, where on a monitor or tv it can

Last edited by Jaz808; 02-05-10 at 09:45 AM.

Thanks

Bloody good Dub job on that Pheggie

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,871 Times in 886 Posts

Bloody good Dub job on that Pheggie
    Here is the original best quality .ts recording of Avatar 3d trailer in English
    You have to register as a free user to download it though

Awesome quality.

For .m2t had to use Cyberlink Powerdvd 10 decoder for h264 as ffdshow didn't decode it properly but picture
    quality is absolutely awesome.
    Last edited by pheggie; 02-05-10 at 04:25 PM.