Thread: cross checking rego to owner

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Wow ! Australia deploys troops to Libya

2. The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (10-04-11)

Thanks

"car sales" should make people scan and submit their rego papers and upto date contact details

for verification before they can post their add.
    dont say linux if i wanted it id install it

Thanks

same bloke no doubt , exactly the same MO
    go and have some fun and keep us posted

Thanks

lets see how many times he can sell the one car
    contact email sent
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Thanks

hes still at it. not in libya yet
    just received this

G`day,

sorry for the late reply, I am Flight Sergeant David Barlob serving the Royal Austalian Air Force, i have been recently transferred to a new military base in Northern Territory. I need to sell the car fast because in three weeks I will be deployed to Libya and I'll stay there for a while. I'll buy a new one upon return.
    The price i want for my car is $5300 AUD (I've lowered the price because I'm running out of time). The car is road worthy and also has a long rego, clear title, very well maintained, always garage kept, excellent condition, runs and sounds 100% perfect with no leaks or noises.
    No need to worry about the car because it is here with me at the military base and I can ship it anywhere in Australia (i will pay the shipping charges).
    I also need to know if you have the cash to buy the car, if not when are you able to get it? You don't have to worry about the distance. You'll love the car, I can guarantee you that!
    Details:
    Registration#: 253FPE, 110.000 kms. Just had it serviced. Mechanically A1. Registered in QLD.
    Email me back so i can send you pictures with the car.
    Thank you, David Barlob
    Last edited by 2rox; 06-05-11 at 01:01 PM.
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

• The Following User Says Thank You to 2rox For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (06-05-11)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,648 Posts

See Sanity's post above, maybe mention going to Libya, see what the scum says for a laugh.

Maybe ask him for his number, tell him you want to speak with him rather than all this email ping pong, see if hes brave or stupid enough to give a contactable number.

Id be asking to come down and pay in cash so i could pick it up in person.....

• The Following User Says Thank You to Godzilla For This Useful Post:

2rox (07-05-11)

Thanks

go on , have some fun with him, ask him to scan his ID again.

Thanks

sent him a reply telling him i interested and this is his reply
    im thinking of telling him im a federal cop whos just been transfered to darwin after a bit more burley
    any other suggestions?

This is my first time selling a car over the Internet and i think the best way is to use a third party company that protects buyers and sellers.
    One of my friends here bought a car four months ago from a different state and he used an escrow company and he was very pleased with their services. They inspect the car for damages and the mechanical condition before starting the transaction, they will also give you a 10 days inspection period (this means that after you receive the car and papers you have 10 days to use it and if something goes wrong or if the car is not as described by me you will get your money back).
    I have the title in hand and I'm ready to make a deal as soon as possible. The delivery will take no more than 4 days and the car will be dropped at your home address if you want. So, if you hurry up you'll be able to have it in no time.
    Let me know if you want to go forward with the transaction so i can give you the escrow company details.
    I have attached some pictures with me and the car to the links bellow, nice to meet you.

- Show quoted text -

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 11:57 AM, wrote:

thanks for your reply and yes im still looking for a ute could you email me some up to date photos please

reguards greg
    Last edited by 2rox; 07-05-11 at 01:43 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aus_Rider_22 View Post
    Sorry about dragging up an older thread, but I had to sign up and reply when my Google search found this thread.

I sent an inquiry to a seller on CarSales about a ute. This ute.

I asked if it had been flood damaged and what the fuel mileage per tank was (2 different inquiries) as the price is very cheap. The following is the response I got to both replies!.

G`day,

sorry for the late reply, I am Flight Sergeant Daviv Barlob serving the Royal Austalian Air Force, i have been recently transferred to a new military base in Northern Territory. I need to sell the car fast because in three weeks I will be deployed to Libya and I'll stay there for a while. I'll buy a new one upon return.
    The price i want for my car is $5300 AUD (I've lowered the price because I'm running out of time). The car is road worthy and also has a long rego, clear title, very well maintained, always garage kept, excellent condition, runs and sounds 100% perfect with no leaks or noises.
    No need to worry about the car because it is here with me at the military base and I can ship it anywhere in Australia (i will pay the shipping charges).
    I also need to know if you have the cash to buy the car, if not when are you able to get it? You don't have to worry about the distance. You'll love the car, I can guarantee you that!
    Details:
    Registration#: 253FPE, 110.000. Just had it serviced. Mechanically A1. Registered in Queensland.
    Email me back so i can send you pictures with the car.
    Thank you, Daviv Barlob

Same scammer with a different name it seems.

What should I do? Have some fun with him?
    Yeah, send him the $5300, and when he doesn't reply send him another email saying "Ha, see, I knew you were a rippoff merchant"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    hahahaha, THE ARMY.

remember the bloke selling computers and laptops, he was in the army, and how many got money back that they lost to him.

forget it mr chippy, as you cant do nothing to blokes in the army, as a lot of ppl from here and other forums found out.

maybe its him selling cars this time.
    I remember him well.
    Took years to get my money back.
    Police finally caught up with him...

Thanks

Ha ha ha!!! 2rox i sent an email to this idiot now called David Barlob, instead of David Barlow, about that ute, and he sent me the same email as you got. Funny thing is, he ripped me off a year ago, and i used the same email address as when he ripped me off!! He must be getting that much money off people that he cant remember who he's ripping off anymore! Gonna have some fun with him too. I just wish the AFP would do something about catching this lowlife.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roosterboy For This Useful Post:

2rox (09-05-11),Godzilla (09-05-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
    I just wish the AFP would do something about catching this lowlife.
    Now if it was a AFP member who lost money, bet you the guy would be locked up immediately.

Thanks

i sent him a reply telling i had the cash but wanted to exchange details over the phone as the internet seems so impersonal
    think ive scared him off

Thanks

I've read the pages of this thread with interest and sadness
    the only thing I can't get is why anyone would buy something - anything of reasonable value without checking it first in person

I mean even if the the whole entire story about the car and the location and the guy being in the army etc was actually true, how could you take someones word - a complete strangers word, that the car was mechanically and aesthetically in the condition described? I would want to see the car, drive it and maybe even get a third party inspection before I handed over my hard earned.

I've been scammed 2 times for various amounts previously - 1 was an ebay seller who was dodgy but smart, was "selling" items for around the $50 dollar mark (back then it cost $50 to get ebay to investigate possible fraud) and 1 was on a car forum selling fuel injectors that weren't the right type as advertised for my car but at least he sent the dodgy ones!

So I have a $200-$300 limit on online purchases for buying things unseen, unless the seller is a reputed company or a seller who I can verify either by their selling history and feedback and/or I can ring them up and talk to them on the phone.

Is that just me being overly cautious?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JasonC View Post

So I have a $200-$300 limit on online purchases for buying things unseen, unless the seller is a reputed company or a seller who I can verify either by their selling history and feedback and/or I can ring them up and talk to them on the phone.

Nope, your perfectly normal, we get calls all the time to confirm we are real sellers or that the items are genuine and not fake by people such as yourself.

As i always tell people, we send items via registered post or courier, pay via Paypal for your own piece of mind, anything wrong and you can dispute it.

Believe me when i say even buyers try to scam the sellers, i have some good stories to tell about, from people who never bought the item from you claiming they need warranty exchanges because you sold them a faulty product to people fraudulently claiming someone used their paypal account.

We have systems in place to catch these people, so far all have been caught out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JasonC View Post
    I've read the pages of this thread with interest and sadness
    the only thing I can't get is why anyone would buy something - anything of reasonable value without checking it first in person

I mean even if the the whole entire story about the car and the location and the guy being in the army etc was actually true, how could you take someones word - a complete strangers word, that the car was mechanically and aesthetically in the condition described? I would want to see the car, drive it and maybe even get a third party inspection before I handed over my hard earned.

I've been scammed 2 times for various amounts previously - 1 was an ebay seller who was dodgy but smart, was "selling" items for around the $50 dollar mark (back then it cost $50 to get ebay to investigate possible fraud) and 1 was on a car forum selling fuel injectors that weren't the right type as advertised for my car but at least he sent the dodgy ones!

jason you have been scammed whether it be for 300 dollars or 5000 dollars im sure the people that have been scammed by this arsehole will have the same hindsight as yourself

Thanks

I understand and I wasn't having a go at you, I hope the cops get this guy and soon!, wish also the websites where people are selling cars etc could filter out these sales, there must be some easy ways of doing it, however, apart from removing ads that people bring to their attention, they don't seem to proactively stop these ads from being posted

surely IPs could be blocked, especially ones from .ru etc

Thanks

people will always be people and take a risk if it sounds too good to be true...normally it is. Luckily for me when I started this thread I seen it fo rthe scam it was and found the car that was for sale and the proper owner

• Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345