Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone get tomtom working on WinCE 6.0 on a Chinese GPS?

Thanks

Default Can anyone get tomtom working on WinCE 6.0 on a Chinese GPS?

I tried following hollowman's and Downunder's tutes on installing Tomtom and after doing everything correctly, it wouldn't load because of "not enough memory" which is bs because this device's got 128mb ram

Igo8 works fine but I want to switch to Tomtom

did some googling and the problem seems to be because my unit shipped with WinCE6.0 whereas all the existing Tomtom releases only work with 5.0 and 4.2

My question is either:

1) anyone got Tomtom working on WinCE6.0? or
    2) anyone know how to downgrade WinCE6.0 to 5.0?

Cheers

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by echelon6 View Post
    I tried following hollowman's and Downunder's tutes on installing Tomtom and after doing everything correctly, it wouldn't load because of "not enough memory" which is bs because this device's got 128mb ram

Igo8 works fine but I want to switch to Tomtom

did some googling and the problem seems to be because my unit shipped with WinCE6.0 whereas all the existing Tomtom releases only work with 5.0 and 4.2

My question is either:

1) anyone got Tomtom working on WinCE6.0? or
    2) anyone know how to downgrade WinCE6.0 to 5.0?

Cheers
    Its a known problem on 128 mb units. Ironically Tomtom works on 64 mg units.

Thanks

Sanity is 100% correct tomtom seems to have issues with wince6 running 128mb of ram whereas my 64mb wince6 unit runs tomtom fine albeit with a little help of coping the mapsettings.cfg as per demonfatals tutorial.

NS
    The Early Bird May Get The Worm But Its The Second Mouse That Gets The Cheese!

Thanks

I managed to get it working on my Chinese 5" Evergrow 128MB CE6 device using this version posted on MobilePassion. Link: . However you will need a MapSettings.cfg file from a working version with a current route set up for it to work properly.

Cheers, Ian
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jards88 View Post
    I managed to get it working on my Chinese 5" Evergrow 128MB CE6 device using this version posted on MobilePassion. Link: . However you will need a MapSettings.cfg file from a working version with a current route set up for it to work properly.
    yeah i tried that version as well on my 128mb unit and it too failed with out of memory errors.

it seems to be device specific what tomtom will and wont run on.

NS

Thanks

Don't waste your time with 128MB units no service as that is all you will get "no service" I spent 2 weeks playing with TT7 on my 7" CE6 with 128MB and no luck. But in saying that I found an old TT6 version which works just fine but will not run the latest maps. Have installed igo8, amigo, sygic & R66 all working great, go figure!!! and at the end of the day I will leave TT7 out for now.

Thanks

typan......yes mate i know...i gave up trying to instal tt7 weeks ago on my 128mb model......yet tt7 runs fine on 64mb?

i have heard of people getting tt7 to run on 128mb units but they are far and few between.

NS

Thanks

I recently purchased WinCE6.0 that has 64mb memory unit and tried to install TomTom navigator on it using the excellent tutorials presented here and help from members

I tried every possible "Navigator" folder and nothing seems to work, as soon as I run an exe file on my GPS - it just hangs and does not generate the file with my deviceID.

Is there any way to downgrade to Win 5.0 ver?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by olympicwiz View Post

Is there any way to downgrade to Win 5.0 ver?
    i wish there was but no there isn't.

have you tried these files and tutorial?

NS

Thanks

You can always try the CE 6.0 TomTom image

please keep us informed.

Teeny

Thanks

I have a new Chinese wince 6.0, 128mb with 6 inch screen, it came with igo8 which runs really well, Garmin works with a few problems but I have spent many hours trying all the Tomtom versions I could find, and they all fail with the memory error.
    I have even joined an Italian forum called iPmart Italia where there is quite a lot of stuff that people have uploaded, .dlls, map settings and .mcsr file configs etc.
    This is really doing my head in. My version of CE6 doesnt have a control panel or task manager so it is hard to see what is happening, I installed a task manager and when Tomtom tries to start it said it was using about 80mb with some 29mb left free?
    It is possible to run a wince emultor on a PC (if I only knew how) so this may help in trying to figure out what is happening.
    Has anyone tried this?

Thanks

Hi Guys, i just tried this version from Dodobird on Chinese PNA WinCE6 128mb and this is by far the best result that i have got. It only lasts about 20 seconds after it picks up GPS signal and then comes the error message "Not enough memory" How much memory does this baby need? Battled for weeks with my other PNA WinCE4.2 64mb and never even got as far as this one on CE6. With 4.2 it used to come up with the error message before it even finnished loading. Funny thing is that if i go into a building where there is no signal, i can play around with the settings and preferences as long as i like but as soon as it locates my position, 20 seconds later it shuts down. I ask again, How Much Memory does this need??

Just wanted to add some info here, I discovered that my PNA has 128mb of NAND Flash ROM and 64mb of RAM. Tried moving the software to Nandflash but still crashes after about 20 seconds. Once lasted for 45 seconds. When i go into the version, i see that there is 27mb available and i also have a TomTom One XL 30 and that works fine with only 5mb available. Very strange!
    Last edited by EddieKruger; 20-10-10 at 06:06 PM.

Thanks

Thanks for the info, I assume that the problem is actually nothing to do with memory but for some unknown reason tomtom just will not run on some Chinese wince 6.0 especially 128Mb devices.
    I have found a version compiled for wince 5 on a PC emulator but unfortunately still don't know how to run a Wince 6 emulator myself.
    As I said before IGO 8 runs flawlessly and I am now using a Garmin version modified for high resolution (800X480) devices which works well, but it would be great to have Tomtom working if possible.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crabber View Post
    Thanks for the info, I assume that the problem is actually nothing to do with memory but for some unknown reason tomtom just will not run on some Chinese wince 6.0 especially 128Mb devices.
    I have found a version compiled for wince 5 on a PC emulator but unfortunately still don't know how to run a Wince 6 emulator myself.
    As I said before IGO 8 runs flawlessly and I am now using a Garmin version modified for high resolution (800X480) devices which works well, but it would be great to have Tomtom working if possible.
    OK, I seem to have it running 100% so far. Been running with satellites and done 120km of simulations. Not once crashed. I got the fix from another forum, but i am not sure if i am allowed to mention the name of the Forum or the posters name. I do not want to get into trouble with this Forum. Please PM me and i will give you the info and maybe you will be able to tell me if i can post the info here.

Thanks

Thanks for the PM, unfortunately another version to add to my list that don't work on my 128 device. The only thing I haven't tried yet is to leave just 2mb free on the SD card. This really does seem to be clutching at straws, but one poster says it worked for him.
    Meanwhile I will wait and hope that someone may come up with an answer.

Thanks

Just to update this thread if anyone is still struggling, I have at last found a version on mobilism by tarbardajun that works on my 6 inch 800x480 device running WinCE6 with 128mb ram.
    I had slight problems with mortscript crashing on shutdown but this has been overcome by changing TT7 Navigator.mscr
    All other versions I tried on my unit would crash immediately after the splash screen with the dreaded memory error.

Thanks

Which is why when I bought my Chinese no-name 7" 800x480 unit (Mediatek I think) I made sure it was running WinCE 5.0. TomTom runs very well on it. Satelites picked up very quickly and I have seen up to 10 showing at once.

I read all the posts about WinCE 6.0 and TomTom 7 and the dramas and suicides that ensued so made sure to stay clear lol.

• The Following User Says Thank You to xr6falcon For This Useful Post:

crabber (23-11-10)

Thanks

Yes I probably should have researched more before I ordered mine, however after many hours of frustration it is now running iGO, Garmin (the high resolution version) and Tomtom. I almost gave up with Tomtom, thinking that no version would ever work on 128mb ram models but Tabardajun somehow has made it work, at least on mine.

• The Following User Says Thank You to crabber For This Useful Post:

xr6falcon (23-11-10)

Thanks

Crabber ... Well done on getting it running .. you must be a very patient guy or just don't want these types of things to beat you. I'm a bit like that myself . . I'll keep having a go till I get there. Thats half the fun.

At the moment I'm trying to get Navigon going on my unit but it is not playing ball at the moment lol.

Thanks

Default Win ce 6 woes

Quote Originally Posted by Jards88 View Post

Cheers, Ian

Is there some kind soul who could post/send me a working "MapSettings.cfg file from a working version with a current route" PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I have spent ages but finally got the right map and mapcore working only to get the dreaded "out of memory" message on a win Ce 128mb 2 din unit.

PS forgot to mention , I'm in OZ (Gold Coast to be precise - so presumably any short aussie route would do - or is it not that simple?????????????
    Last edited by 2happy; 24-11-10 at 08:36 AM. Reason: added location

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast