Page 62 of 98 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1948

Thread: The Chinese GPS Firmware Thread

Thanks

Default Bricked Mediatek

Hello everyone;

i bricked my Mediatek device. It's a 7 inch screen with windows embedded ce 6.0 and mt3351 cpu. it was bricked by me, as i deleted a key in registry (init-launch 30: gwes.dll). now it shows mediatek logo and doesn't boot. i tried putting several firmwares (including KH2_128BT_BL) on sd, but it does nothing, it doesn't seems to read the sd at all. also tried erasereg and yformat, nothing.
    any suggestion to make the gps reading firmware in sd? will appreciate.

thankyou everybody!

Thanks

I've really botched it - now it will not recognise through USB at all, and I only get white lines down the screen. Reset press (in the back) and there's 1 white line on the right side. Press power button: nothing. Hold power button for about 8-10 seconds - a variable number of white lines appear on the right side - position & count seem to change. Nothing intelligible at all now.
    I've tried the yformat.fmt and erasereg.fmt thing too - tried a few different firmwares, but nothing. I think I've REALLY killed it now...
    Anything else I can try - like a master service mode to flush/force it to load a basic, well, anything?

Thanks

Sounds like you have the wrong firmware jdmtech!!

Can you provide link(s) for the firmware you have tried? and are they specifically for a YG912D?

I have a YG912C, and i wouldn't be surprised if the same firmware could update a 912D.
    Can anyone comment about that?

Perhaps try a 912C firmware, but you will probably need to rename "912C.img" to "912D.img" for the device to detect the image file.

I wish i could offer you more help, but i'm still trying to understand firmwares myself.
    Can anyone explain the following please; I have used Ndump to dump the partitions and found that if i rename "DSK1_Part00_0_xxxxxxx.img" to "OS85F.img" the device will read the file and write the partition with the OS.
    Would "DSK1_Part01_0_xxxxxxx.img" be the Application software?? and if so what does the filename need to be?
    Many thanks

• The Following User Says Thank You to Superabound For This Useful Post:

jdmtech (08-08-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ryougo View Post
    Hello everyone;

i bricked my Mediatek device. It's a 7 inch screen with windows embedded ce 6.0 and mt3351 cpu. it was bricked by me, as i deleted a key in registry (init-launch 30: gwes.dll). now it shows mediatek logo and doesn't boot. i tried putting several firmwares (including KH2_128BT_BL) on sd, but it does nothing, it doesn't seems to read the sd at all. also tried erasereg and yformat, nothing.
    any suggestion to make the gps reading firmware in sd? will appreciate.

thankyou everybody!
    Sorry to ask, but what method did you use to get the device to save the modified registry keys? Because mine keeps resetting to the primal values on a cold boot...?

Thanks

Default Still got lines... :(

Thanks Supera.

I knew this thing was going to give me headaches...

So, I first downloaded his file
    YG-912D-ABFSJ-1M-AS-4LS-6LS-V2.2.rar

This was a direct match for the hardware, from the pic I took of the inside.
    Also, there are small stickers on the back I had not really noted before being 'HD' and 'AV'. There's a barcode too:

S/o:TH1B71004X60849

But that was andis a dead end. Could find precisely nothing for that, so is why I pulled the thing apart in the first place.

First, I tried copying the whole lot onto the root of the SD card, only to realise they were 3 distinct processes:

EBOOT - contains some boot file details, contents as follows:
    - EBOOT.nb0
    - logo.nb0
    - metazone.bin
    - mt3351_datazone_bank0.bin
    - multi-sctter.txt (no, not a typo...)
    - XLDR_3351.nb0.ind

NaviFlashtool_1.4.6_14_toyecon - seems to be a windows flashing/dumping tool. Cannot get the thing to be recognised as anything to the PC any more (not even a flash drive) so sort-of redundant now! Contents:
    - Driver (folder)
    - Ini (folder)
    - Kernel (folder)
    - Plugin (folder)
    - Readback (folder)
    - ErrorCodeTool.exe
    - FlashRes.dll
    - FlashtoolSOP.doc
    - MSErrCode.exe
    - PndFlashTool.exe

OS - this is the only thing that briefly changed things - then everything went seriously sideways...
    - Update (folder)
    - MortScript.exe
    - mortzip.dll
    - RF2_data.zip
    - toolhelp.dll
    - update.exe
    - update.mscr
    - 912D_SD_S.nb0
    - gpstest.exe
    - jwdupdate.exe

I did try the KH2 pack you noted earlier, for the 912C, but I think the damage was already well and truly done by then.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    Sorry to ask, but what method did you use to get the device to save the modified registry keys? Because mine keeps resetting to the primal values on a cold boot...?
    i used a registry editor called "simple little registry editor" (RegEdit.exe), downloaded from...somewhere (i think geekswithblogs.net\bruceeitman), and started it directly from the device. It's a really little file, 26k, look for it on google.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ryougo View Post
    i used a registry editor called "simple little registry editor" (RegEdit.exe), downloaded from...somewhere (i think geekswithblogs.netbruceeitman), and started it directly from the device. It's a really little file, 26k, look for it on google.
    I also used that , maybe I'm using it wrong?

After I changed the values, do I have to press anything in particular to permanently "save" them in the device?
    Because right now I changed them to what I want, it works up until I restart the unit, then it goes back to default

Thanks

I will not quit.

Now, I have completely lost everything on screen. I pulled it apart, and shorted a touch point (TP36 I think it is) to the ground & plugged it in after reading an earlier post (page 8 or so I think it was - it's all blurring into one) - holding my breath. It then sparked up, and I was able to install the MTK3351 driver in Win 7, and run the firmware flash tool. That's where it stops though. It did flash something, but now I cannot turn it on or charge it at all - not even the lines show up now, and the reset & power buttons do the same thing: nothing.
    I'm pretty sure I've now corrupted the bootloader & everything else. How to progress from here, or should I just give up??
    Last edited by jdmtech; 08-08-12 at 01:57 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdmtech View Post
    I will not quit.

Now, I have completely lost everything on screen. I pulled it apart, and shorted a touch point (TP36 I think it is) to the ground & plugged it in after reading an earlier post (page 8 or so I think it was - it's all blurring into one) - holding my breath. It then sparked up, and I was able to install the MTK3351 driver in Win 7, and run the firmware flash tool. That's where it stops though. It did flash something, but now I cannot turn it on or charge it at all - not even the lines show up now, and the reset & power buttons do the same thing: nothing.
    I'm pretty sure I've now corrupted the bootloader & everything else. How to progress from here, or should I just give up??
    You got balls, i'll give you that!

Have you tried shorting the pins again to see if you can revert the device?

Looking at the list of files you posted for the firmware you have, i notice there is a Mortscript in the "OS" section. This is software to allow the user to apply scripts for manipulating files and system settings. To know what this particular script will do, open "update.mscr" with Notepad and you may be able to see what files it calls.
    Update.exe is probably the file which should be run first to activate Mortscript.
    I would say this "Firmware" is not a release but a "home cooked" compilation.
    From what i have read in the various GPS forums, If the Bootloader is screwed then the device is well and truly buggered, and updating the firmware by SD is no longer possible. -- I could be wrong about that, but that's the impression i've got --

If by any chance you manage to resurrect it, have you looked at the firmwares here
    Have a look on page 1 for another update, and page 2 explains about hard flashing, albeit in a foreign language

jdmtech (08-08-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    I also used that , maybe I'm using it wrong?

After I changed the values, do I have to press anything in particular to permanently "save" them in the device?
    Because right now I changed them to what I want, it works up until I restart the unit, then it goes back to default
    You could also try using CeRegEdit. Connect the device by USB with Activesync or Mobile device center, and edit the registry from the PC

Thanks

Thanks for the encouragement! I have managed to get the lines back on the screen now after sort-of flashing what I had originally got hold of, and get Windows to recognise it sufficiently to run the PNDFlash tool, which has led me to believe I have a HD 800X480, 64M device of some type. Positive progress - even if I am back where I started from yesterday...

All hope is not lost! I can now turn it off & on again, and the reset button also has returned to (almost) working status!

Trying to flash off the SD card - see if I can get anything other than random white lines on the screen!
    :edit:
    Nope - still get lines, and at least now the charge light is working as it's supposed to. Still think I've got the wrong bootloader - will need to hit that pin again!

Supera, the site you reference contains links, but all are dead (least the ones I'd think would work for me): unless I've missed something all the old MegaLoad links are also useless to us now. The instructions on page 2 refer to an earlier version (1.4.2 against my 1.4.6) of the Flash tool than the one I have already, and I've got the word document (in English for the most part) detailing it's use: that's how I got the lines back!

This is as close I can get - this is what I have if I load what's supposed to be the 'right' firmware: thus why I now think I've still got some work to do the get the right bootloader in place that does not have this odd apparent corruption of the graphics driver.
    Last edited by jdmtech; 09-08-12 at 11:11 AM. Reason: more detail included.

Thanks

Default reset factory by mistake

Hi
    I have a chainis GPS as shown the pictur
    and did a reset factory by mistake anf now it dose not load the map .
    what should I do to get work vid GPS . it works on the other funktion but not the GPS.

will be very pleased to get answar. meny thanks

Thanks

good day
    you may have left the firmware.
    all links broken.
    84A/64MB/480×272
    The board of my written
    model 84a V1

give a link

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I've dumped my friend's GPS rom using NDumpCE6.exe. Now I've got following dump files:

DSK9_Part03_0_33554432.img
    DSK9_Part02_0_104857600.img
    DSK9_Part01_0_33554432.img
    DSK9_Part00_0_49283072.img
    DSK2_Hidden_512_4193792.img
    DSK9_0_222298112.img

Can anyone pls guide me how to restore these dumps into my bricked 7" GPS?

Thanks in advance

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheTig View Post
    I have a chinese 7" GPS manufacturer and model unknown that is stuck on boot image after loading miopocket.
    I opened the unit and its hardware shows model YG-912D-ABFSJ-1M-AS-4LS-6LS-V2.2, I have downloaded the software update zip file YG-912D-ABFSJ-1M-AS-4LS-6LS-V2.2.rar and extracted to root of micro SD (had to take out of top level folder called OS that it was extracted into) and installed card in unit but after power off and on and also pressing reset button (which just turns the unit off) I can't get the unit to start any flash upgrade and don't know what I am doing wrong or even if I have the correct files etc.
    Files extracted to card are below
    912D_SD_S.nb0
    gpstest.exe
    jwdupdate.exe
    Folder called update with various files within

Also I cannot activesync to unit as I get "error 608", please help
    Is there a way to hard reset/restore to factory

Hello. I have the exact same device, and that is precisely how mine started. Yours has bluetooth whereas mine does not (I think) apart from that, the same.
    I have it almost all back, but think I've seriously damagd the bootloader, so now all I can see is a thin sliver down the left side that shows the configuration menu. Touchscreen seems to work, but the graphics driver is fried somehow.

So, in the pack that you downloaded there is also a 'BOOT' directory (was for me). Format your microSD card to FAT (not FAT 32), and put everything EXCEPT THE EBOOT.nb0 FILE!! on it. Put that in your device, And first do a soft-reset (paper clip in the hole in the reset in the back), then press & hold the power button until it goes black - 10 seconds or more.
    Release the button, and if not charged up ensure that you have just a power pack/lead charging it - if possible not one connected to a PC - the battery thing appears on screen, or should.

put the microSD card in, and power up the device.

You should see a blue screen listing a whole bunch of updates being applied - so long as the boot-loader is not one of them, once that's completed you can re-start the device (10-second power button thing) and it should then open the calibration panel which requires you to click things.

Ther is a much more painful way - which is how I have almost corrected mine, but does require dismantling the device. Can summarise what I did if you really have done it in.

You can change the splash image too - really easy (I've done that as well, but can only see the edge of it. Just make the image 800 pixels wide by 480 high. When saving, save as a BMP file, in 24 bit colour depth (there's a pull-down in Paint for this - seemed to work). Once you have made that file save it as 'Logo.bmp', format the SD card to FAT again, and copy the file to it. Was about a meg for me.

I hope you have better luck than I did!!

If you do happen to get it all running, I would be very interested if someone could help with extracting just the boot-loader image so I could try & correct my little graphics issue...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robiben View Post
    Hi everyone,

I've dumped my friend's GPS rom using NDumpCE6.exe. Now I've got following dump files:

DSK9_Part03_0_33554432.img
    DSK9_Part02_0_104857600.img
    DSK9_Part01_0_33554432.img
    DSK9_Part00_0_49283072.img
    DSK2_Hidden_512_4193792.img
    DSK9_0_222298112.img

Can anyone pls guide me how to restore these dumps into my bricked 7" GPS?

Thanks in advance
    PNDFlashTool would most probably help. I'm just not sure which files would be slotted into what position to do the 'write'. You will also need to figure out how to get your GPS into Service Mode. I had to pull mine apart and short a pad on the board to ground, then plug USB in to get it to be recognised by the OS. You will also need either ActiveSync (XP) or Windows Mobile Device Centre (Win 7/Vista) already installed and the drivers for the MK3351 available - these I've managed to download from various places so those should be available still.
    Really not sure beyond that - very dangerous stuff all of this...

Thanks

Glad to see you have managed to resurrect it jdmtech!

You might well be right about the graphics driver, but it could also be that the resolution of th firmware is incorrect.
    I have tried running applications taken from my 7" GPS (912C 800x400) on a 5" device (85F 480x272) and it is not possible to view the entire "page" because of the difference in resolutions.

By the look of it you have WinCE up and running, Do you know whether the application software has been installed?

You said before you have tried firmware KH2_128BT_BL and it was unsuccessful. That firmware successfully unbricked my 912C after i had screwed up the power settings in the Registry. I could see the splash screen for 5 seconds then it would power off!
    So i know the firmware corrected the Registry and there were some minor differences with WinCE.
    If you are willing, perhaps try this. On a FAT16 formatted SD copy the file 912C.img and then rename it to 912D.img. This file will make no changes to your device. If when you start the device you get a blue screen with notations indicating the device is looking for udates then there is a good possibility the updates will work.

@ robiben
    I am also trying to work out how to re-use the dumped partitions, and so far i have found that if i rename "DSK1_Part00_0_xxxxxxx.img" to "OS85F.img" the device (5" 85F 480x272) will read the file and write the partition with the OS.
    That's as much as i have discovered so far. Any advice from others would be helpful.

jdmtech (10-08-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Superabound View Post
    Glad to see you have managed to resurrect it jdmtech!

You might well be right about the graphics driver, but it could also be that the resolution of th firmware is incorrect.
    I have tried running applications taken from my 7" GPS (912C 800x400) on a 5" device (85F 480x272) and it is not possible to view the entire "page" because of the difference in resolutions.

By the look of it you have WinCE up and running, Do you know whether the application software has been installed?

You said before you have tried firmware KH2_128BT_BL and it was unsuccessful. That firmware successfully unbricked my 912C after i had screwed up the power settings in the Registry. I could see the splash screen for 5 seconds then it would power off!
    So i know the firmware corrected the Registry and there were some minor differences with WinCE.
    If you are willing, perhaps try this. On a FAT16 formatted SD copy the file 912C.img and then rename it to 912D.img. This file will make no changes to your device. If when you start the device you get a blue screen with notations indicating the device is looking for udates then there is a good possibility the updates will work.

@ robiben
    I am also trying to work out how to re-use the dumped partitions, and so far i have found that if i rename "DSK1_Part00_0_xxxxxxx.img" to "OS85F.img" the device (5" 85F 480x272) will read the file and write the partition with the OS.
    That's as much as i have discovered so far. Any advice from others would be helpful.

Many thanks to jdmtech and Superabound for their comments.
    Mine is 912C and I don't really know how to get this piece of crap back working again.

Any other advice is much appreciated.

Thanks

Question

Quote Originally Posted by sean818 View Post
    I have an GPS wince5.0, 480X272 stuck at splash screen unable to proceed further. I can go to the system upgrade screen ( blue )
    What should I do ?
    If I need to update the firmware, which file should I download

Thanks in advanced !
    Hi, I have chinese unit with YFAtlas4 / WinCE6 / 53 Mb RAM / 480 x 242 pixels / 65536 colors can someone please point me to the right OS for this GPS unit ?
    I have probably because I'm stuck in Welcome Message after wrongly modifying HKLM init registry.
    Can someone please help with this ?
    I can't connect it to USB because it's not detected by the computer

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 607 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Meserias View Post
    Hi, I have chinese unit with YFAtlas4 / WinCE6 / 53 Mb RAM / 480 x 242 pixels / 65536 colors can someone please point me to the right OS for this GPS unit ?
    I have probably because I'm stuck in Welcome Message after wrongly modifying HKLM init registry.
    Can someone please help with this ?
    I can't connect it to USB because it's not detected by the computer
    Since your unit is running CE 6.0, basically no chance, because the parts of registry that are changeable by user are kept in device's internal storage device, not in RAM or somewhere other. Note that any attempt to re-flash the OS doesn't restore contents of the (corrupted) registry files. Only chance to get your issue solved is your unit detects SD-card and can read from it. If so, then you can run from there a registry editor. To test this, you copy a WinCE regeditor of your choice to the root of the SD-card, and put in the root of SD-card a text file named YFAUTORUN.ini with nothing than the path to the regeditor in it.
    Last edited by jwoegerbauer; 10-08-12 at 11:38 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to jwoegerbauer For This Useful Post:

Meserias (12-08-12)

• Page 62 of 98 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast