Page 83 of 98 FirstFirst ... 33737475767778798081828384858687888990919293 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 1948

Thread: The Chinese GPS Firmware Thread

Thanks

GPS are different but very similar, an app called runlauncher.exe in windows folder call fymmain.exe that is mainshell. But why mai runlauncher.exe triggers a error? So i think that is missing a file that tell runlauncher to run \flashdisk\FBOOT\fymmain.exe

if only anyone will post a copy of \DATA folder....

Thanks

Hi there!
    I bought this GPS and had some problems with the firmware. Does anybody has the firmware?? Or any win CE 6.0 7inch firmware for mt3351 procesors??

thanks in advance!

Model Name:704
    RAM:128M
    Display Size:7"
    CPU:
    480MHz
    Screen Resolution:800x480
    Car Maker(tbd):Universal
    Extend function:Audio Player,Bluetooth,E-book,FM,Photo browser,Video Player
    Memory: 4Gb
    CPU:MediaTek MT3351 533MHz
    Menu language:Multi-language
    Operating System:
    WinCE.Net 6.0
    Screen: 7.0 inch TFT LCD

The item in aliexpress with full details:

Last edited by Mhz250; 04-10-13 at 06:02 PM.

Thanks

Exclamation I need assistance, please!

I purchased one of those chinese car DVD/GPS units for my Honda Civic... When I found out about the WinCE patching, I wanted to try it on my unit... However, the first problem I discovered that my unit doesn't even have a real card slot for GPS!! I mean the card slot plastic hole is there and they've written "GPS" above but there is no room for the card itself!!!

My questions:

1) Is it possible that I bought a unit with fake GPS support?
    2) If not, what's the alternative to this GPS card slot to insert the files?

Thanks in advance.

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 607 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adhamelalfy View Post
    I purchased one of those chinese car DVD/GPS units for my Honda Civic... When I found out about the WinCE patching, I wanted to try it on my unit... However, the first problem I discovered that my unit doesn't even have a real card slot for GPS!! I mean the card slot plastic hole is there and they've written "GPS" above but there is no room for the card itself!!!

My questions:

1) Is it possible that I bought a unit with fake GPS support?
    2) If not, what's the alternative to this GPS card slot to insert the files?

Thanks in advance.
    Perhaps a FT card (AKA Micro-SD card) fits?

To answer your questions:

1. All is possible.
    2. If the device (meaning its WinCE portion) supports ActiveSync then you can transfer files if you switch device's USB-mode to Serial Class (ActiveSync) mode and afterwards you establish an USB-connection between the device and your desktop PC / laptop. Of course ActiveSync (Windows Mobile Device Center) must be installed on your desktop PC / laptop.

Thanks

"Perhaps a FT card (AKA Micro-SD card) fits?" It's just a hole You can't insert anything inside, it will fall inside the unit... It only has one Micro-SD card in the other side that allows me to store music & videos.

To answer your questions:

" if you switch device's USB-mode to Serial Class (ActiveSync) mode and afterwards you establish an USB-connection between the device and your desktop PC / laptop." How do I change my device's USB-mode? Do you know a method? Or just theoretically speaking? I appreciate your concern & reply

Banned

Thanks

It's just a hole You can't insert anything inside, it will fall inside the unit...
    Looks as if you were cheated ...

How do I change my device's USB-mode? Do you know a method? Or just theoretically speaking? I appreciate your concern & reply
    Of course I was just theoretically speaking. Most AIOs currently in the market allow to switch USB-mode via device's settings menu ...
    Last edited by jwoegerbauer; 11-10-13 at 11:29 PM.

Thanks

I was wondering, Do these units have like USB in the back to connect to pc? I mean if it doesn't have a GPS card slot, how did they install WinCE and the Menu shell from the first place? Please reply soon, I'm desperate to change my UI

Banned

Thanks

Do these units have like USB in the back to connect to pc?
    Why not simply look for such an USB-socket by yourself?

Thanks

I was wondering, Do these units have like USB in the back to connect to pc? I mean if it doesn't have a GPS card slot, how did they install WinCE and the Menu shell from the first place? Please reply soon, I'm desperate to change my UI
    to install only menu shells you can do it by copying menu install files to your micro SD card and turn gps on. If you want to install windows CE and everything, you cand do it with the USB cable and jumping some connectors inside. That activates the serial port like the factory does for the first time. Factory software is needed, like naviflashtool. I dont know witch software is for yours.

Thanks

I know.... I don't want to modify WinCE files..... I just want to go for modifying the menu shells only... But all I have is the SD card for the media as I previously mentioned.... The other SD slot for GPS in my unit is for some reason not there! (Just a plastic fake hole, you can't insert a card in there), so my question is is there a USB at the back of the unit where I can insert the files for the shell menu? I mean is it a standard for all those chinese units??? Thanks a lot for keeping up with my questions

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwoegerbauer View Post
    Why not simply look for such an USB-socket by yourself?
    Because I would have to remove a lot of stuff in my car dashboard to reach the back of my unit.... It's one of those units that comes with the plastic frame... I have to remove the AC control buttons as well

P.S. I was hoping for some assistance not sarcasm!

Banned

Thanks

so my question is is there a USB at the back of the unit where I can insert the files for the shell menu?
    As long as you aren't willing to clarify which brand/model your device is, you can't expect any satisfying help here ... Think best is you ask the dealer this question, if in device's user/operation guide it's not mentioned.

I mean is it a standard for all those chinese units???
    Most have at rear front a socket for USB, Radio Antenna, iPOD, Analog/Digital TV Antenna, GPS Antenna, RCA In-/Output, Steering Wheel Control, ... but some sockets are optional. This depends on model/brand ...

Thanks

It's a no name device, the one that comes for a specific car model (Honda Civic)... The box didn't come up with any manuals, just the wires.... As for the dealer, he doesn't have any idea about OS, he just sold me a Honda Civic DVD/GPS.... So, excuse me if I didn't offer much info about my unit.

I'll give it a try and remove the unit to see the back then I'll try to connect it via the rear USB to a computer to figure out what hardware & WinCE version is it..... Then I'll try some of the toys if it works (MioPokcet, WoldNCU,..etc)

Thanks for your patience & will to help... My appologies if you felt annoyed by my reptetive questions.

One last question, has anyone managed to change the car user interface itself? Not the menu shell that is redirected through the GPS app? Have anyone ever done it before? I'm talking about modified user interface integrated with the solid keys of the unit itself? Taking control over the DVD, radio, USB, SD media,...etc???

You are very appreciated for your support

Thanks

I also have one of these Chinese in dash DVD units with the IGO GPS. Whilst it looks good and the plastic fascia matches my car's dash (NS Pajero), overall these units are not that great.
    AM reception is not very good, yes some of us old blokes listen to AM. FM is OK for most stations (Triple J for me, so not that old afterall ).
    The GUI is awful and as far as I know cannot be changed. When playing music from a DVD or memory card, text is very small and it is very hard to navigate through the menu. Reading on other forums this seems to be the norm for these Chinese units.
    It does not have a real time clock and get's its time from the GPS. Sometimes it can take over 10min before it has a signal and display the correct time.
    Also, my unit sometimes does not power up and needs to be reset. All settings and stored stations are then lost which is a real pain.
    Overall the unit does work, but I would not buy one again and spend a bit more to get a brand unit or one from a local supplier who has good reviews.

Banned

Thanks

Then I'll try some of the toys if it works (MioPokcet, WoldNCU,..etc)
    Personally wouldn't waste my time in this, because these "unlockers" are intended to be run on ordinary SatNav units only, not on AIOs.

Banned

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jvb View Post
    I would not buy one again and spend a bit more to get a brand unit
    That's it. If you buy cheap, you mostly get crap ...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwoegerbauer View Post
    That's it. If you buy cheap, you mostly get crap ...
    I'm considering changing my unit because as you said, it does a lot of things but not elegantly ..... So, What do you think about the Android powered AIO units??? Or shall I go for a Pioneer, Jensen,..etc ?

Banned

Thanks

I'm considering changing my unit because as you said, it does a lot of things but not elegantly ..... So, What do you think about the Android powered AIO units??? Or shall I go for a Pioneer, Jensen,..etc ?
    An Android powered AIO in any case would be my first choice (I own one!), this because

• WinCE is a dead OS
    • All navigation softwares inbetween are available for Android (some even for free): WinCE versions since 2 or 3 years no longer updated.

Oh, forgot to say such an Android must have WiFi. That's enormously important with regards of installing any additional application. And: 4GB internal SD should be the absolute minimum!

Only as an example (not meant as a recommendation - I won't be flogged!):
    Last edited by jwoegerbauer; 21-10-13 at 01:48 AM. Reason: link added

Thanks

One last question, Android AIO vs Pioneer Double-din unit???

Thanks

Hi

Chinese YG-912C-W6 GPS bricked. tried to flash it when it refused to boot (showing only a Japanese girl background pic logo).
    After flashing with the a fm got from net, it shows a two part picture and freezes. Please see the attached pictures of the board and start screen.
    The ebay.in supplier is not replying after several attempts to contact him.
    The firmware version is YG-912C-ABFSJ-IM-ID-AS-6LS
    Please help.
    Thanks
    Last edited by portman; 23-10-13 at 05:18 PM.

• Page 83 of 98 FirstFirst ... 33737475767778798081828384858687888990919293 ... LastLast