Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MySatTv update

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Gordon,

I haven't heard of any legal action against 'false' information on Aurora applications/subsequent use for 'residential' use.

There have been some incidents over commercial use though. eg: pubs showing live footy to the public, with some even promoting it to attract customers.

It's quite a different story compared to the average home, which I believe people should have access to FTA TV, no matter where they live.

It's difficult and costly enough for people with the requirement of a sat box for each telly in the house, without all the bullshit imposed on them just to be 'approved'.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    Xplorer, how many TV's do people have in their homes, irrespective of Terrestial or Satelitte areas ?
    Dont forget to add any computers with TV cards or inbuilt tuners.
    If there is no restriction on how many you can have in Terrestial areas, apart from the cost, why cant those in Satelitte areas have the same???

MTV, I expected that would be one option at least as I have never read or heard any other form of penalty applicable.
    Don't forget there's the West Aussie Service to crack as well (whenever that comes on line). I'm sure if we all act like bros, we can have a happy time together cracking the encryption, card sharing, box sharing and everyother kind of sharing. Lets give it these bastards!

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

MTV, that has been one of my arguements regarding this mess and I could not agree with you more.
    I honestly cannot see people who live in areas covered by a Terrestial transmitter spending a minimum (self Install costs) of $500 (Dish,mount,cable,STB) to get EXACTLY the same service via satelitte and add to that ONE STD at $280 each for each TV in the house if others want see different channels at the same time.
    One $50 TV antenna that can supply a signal to several TV's at once against $500 for ONE ??
    The figures dont add up do they???

I wonder on any given day how many PayTV STB's are doing a "Leyland Bros' around OZ and havent they worked out that the VAST STB's will be on the move as well??
    So much for their Quasi sport/advertising censorship !!!!
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 27-08-10 at 06:30 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

I don't see it as a problem of paying for the service equipment anymore but that the govt perceive every viewer would want the subsidy. Everything I read on the digital website was aimed at when people could claim the old govt handout. Screw those prepared to subsidies there own service coupled with the demise of select might have to start talking to the family again! Internet will be cut of next!

Thanks

MySatTv has been updated again to include some parts of South Australia

this is one quote from there...

Viewers who live in the "Remote Central and Eastern Australia TV1" licence area (RABS) will be eligible to register for the VAST service from the 15th of December this year

In the long term (in line with the switch off of the analogue signal), all viewers who are unable to receive adequate “terrestrial” services will be able to access the commercial channels on the new satellite service. ABC and SBS will be automatically available.

cheers
    Last edited by husky61; 07-09-10 at 07:21 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to husky61 For This Useful Post:

Farmsky (07-09-10)

Premium Member

Thanks

Sorry to ask but what is the definition of 'Remote Central and EASTERN Australia'.
    Note I have capitalised 'EASTERN' as the area that might interest quite a few of us.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

You'll need to access the relevant pdf to see 'your backyard' in detail.

If your 'only' in a black spot, then it's wait wait wait.

Thanks

Remote and Regional WA TV1

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 929 Posts

Now that we have the minority Labor Gvt back, helped by the two regional Independants that are going to ensure regional Australians get their fair share, now may be a good time to blast your horn to a politician or two, about being able to access VAST quicker?
    Last edited by viewer; 07-09-10 at 08:30 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks

And Lyne MP, Robert Oakeshott is my representative.

Worth a shot.

Thanks

Yippee, first post.

Hi,
    I'm in Byfield in section 24 on the map. This is about 4km outside the license area area shown on the map. Does this mean I'm in a blackspot and have to wait until this area is switched over in the second half of 2011? I'm currently on the Aurora platform. Thanks
    Last edited by briand; 07-09-10 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Clarification

Banned
    Thanks

If your section of Byfield is white, then welcome to the long useless wait.

The line is increasing in size.

• The Following User Says Thank You to viewer For This Useful Post:

briand (07-09-10)

Thanks

*sigh* Thanks for the reply. Seems a crazy rule to me. Just over the hill from an arbitrary line, no reception, but I have to wait. If I could see the logic in it I'd be disappointed but I'd cop it sweet.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by briand View Post
    *sigh* Thanks for the reply. Seems a crazy rule to me. Just over the hill from an arbitrary line, no reception, but I have to wait. If I could see the logic in it I'd be disappointed but I'd cop it sweet.
    Yep...totally agree. Perhaps you could look up your newly elected federal member and ask for assistance?

Thanks

Or piggyback on your neighbors VAST registration if you know them well

Premium Member

Thanks

I too am just a few Km's 'over the line Black Spot' but my Illegitemate non related relative does 'live' inside the authorised line and it was me that set it up for 'him', so based on this, 'He/she/him or it' can now apply if they have a VAST STB?

VERRRRY Interesting !!!

PS, When you buy a STB from a Retailer, ANY retailer, do they advise anyone who/what/where the Purchaser is located??
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 08-09-10 at 11:23 AM.

Thanks

You'd think the Dept would have some way of detecting when someone falsely gave an address in the license area when completing the online application.

Can anyone confirm that you have to reapply for VAST if you live in a black spot area and already have a registered Aurora service. I thought I read somewhere that you would automatically qualify for VAST.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Can anyone confirm that you have to reapply for VAST if you live in a black spot area and already have a registered Aurora service. I thought I read somewhere that you would automatically qualify for VAST.
    It's my understanding that those viewers currently registered for Aurora who reside within the TV1 map area will automatically qualify for VAST.

Others in 'black-spot' areas within terrestrial licence areas will need to re-apply, as some areas are planned for terrestrial translators.

See TV1 map areas here:

Note, some areas on the map have already changed with terrestrial coverage being provided. eg: Ouyen/Underbool/Robinvale Vic
    Last edited by mtv; 08-09-10 at 12:54 PM. Reason: added info

Thanks

Can anyone confirm that you have to reapply for VAST if you live in a black spot area and already have a registered Aurora service.
    Yes. Have a look at .

I thought I read somewhere that you would automatically qualify for VAST.
    Yes, I believe you will automatically qualify if you are a blackspot area and you have an existing 'full service' aurora card, but it won't be available until the ACMA arrive in your area to take digital measurements, ie analogue turn-off time.

However ... it is my belief/opinion, that the ACMA regional team will actually facilitate reception difficulties in blackspot areas; and achieve VAST access; without reliance on the convoluted Aurora ACMA B58 process.

But really we're all guessing a bit here.
    Last edited by Farmsky; 08-09-10 at 12:50 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Farmsky For This Useful Post:

briand (08-09-10)

Thanks

Might not be any more than you already know, but this is an email reply I just got from MySatTV:

"Hi Brian, All current Aurora customers that are in the Remote Central and Eastern Australia TV1 licence area will be able to register for the VAST Satellite Service from the 15 th of December 2010, the broadcasters and the government are still working through the people who are in a known blackspot area and have previously been connected after getting approval from the broadcasters. As no decision has been made on this at this stage could you contact us in about a months time and we might be able to offer more information then" .

VAST Administration
    Last edited by briand; 08-09-10 at 04:43 PM.

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to briand For This Useful Post:

AJM (08-09-10),Farmsky (08-09-10),gordon_s1942 (08-09-10),husky61 (08-09-10),sat 49 (09-09-10)

• Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast