Thread: Video feed from intercom into AV matrix switcher

Thanks

Default Video feed from intercom into AV matrix switcher

Not sure if this is right forum, but here goes.

I have a customer who wants to control front gate from within his home automation/control system.

To begin with I'll need to get a video feed from the intercom at the gate into the AV matrix switcher so that it can be viewed from any TV screen in the house.

Can anyone recommend a door station that is capable of providing a useable video feed?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Some manufacturers have a module or de-modulator which allows camera output from an intercom door-station. Others have a composite output from the internal station (i.e. not from the door-station as you've suggested). Have a read of this PDF:
    or Google "Aiphone video Application Guide"

However, for the cost of the output module and associated hassle, you can get a dirt-cheap regular camera which (despite being dirt-cheap) will probably still have a better picture and wider field of view than even the best intercom camera, so it's a bit of a toss-up in many cases. Particularly given how intercoms have this habit of dying... (Except Aiphone which will outlast all of us) in which case replacement in a few years will be a major headache.

You should consider using a separate camera and/or voice-only intercom, and integrating them at the back end. If you build a nice stainless steel door-station, it could be 'all in one' although overhead camera may serve better depending on the location.

Have a search for Aiphone JBWM or KBW-M which works in the other direction and allows a regular camera feed to go into a call-station. I've never seen it done, but apparently you could also use motion-detection or some other sensor to alert the homeowner, rather than a push-button. Just think - possums and birds can play 'ring and run'!
    Last edited by downunderdan; 02-11-10 at 08:45 AM.

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

have done this with a Videoman video intercom. The door station o/ps composite video so just split the video feed. Over short distances you don't even really need to worry about Z matching. The one I did is at a child care centre with the internal station in the office & the split feeding a large wall mounted flat screen so it can be seen from anywhere in the centre.

Thanks

CSD had a product at ASIAL that you might want to look at, Kenwei Intercoms. They look like they will do everything you require. They also have the ability to take in external cameras. Worth a look.