Thread: New Dm500s Won't Lock to C1

Thanks

Default New Dm500s Won't Lock to C1

Purchased new DM500s flashed ready to go on C1 but i have spent all day trying to work out why it won't lock on to C1 using the legit sub card in it and i've had only limited help from seller and because i have'nt been able to get anything out of the box i don't even know if the unit works or not or maybe the tuner is deaf in it, i have tried aligning the disc but was peaked where it always has been and any movement only made it worse.

The F****L Pace unit has always worked perfectly with near full signal and does'nt even pixel up in heavy rain, but on the DM500s i can only manage to get 72 to 74% SNR and around 85% AGC from the Dm500s and the Lock and Sync indicators stay grey what ever i try.

I have also tried every LNB configeration, frequency and polarization found on this forum as well as on the drop down menu on the unit.

The LNB is a Acer AF2-A and never had a issue with it on the Pace unit or the UEC's before that.

I was tossing up between this and another more expensive model that was recommended to me and i'm now starting to with i had taken that advice.

Can anyone can shed some light as to what i'm doing wrong or something else i could try before i put this one onto ebay.

Thanks.

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Is your Pace box still working? I'm not familiar with the Pace box. Can you get the LNB setting out of it? This is what you need to begin with.

Leroy

Premium Member

Thanks

You need to select "non standard satellite configuration".

Then in your lnb settings either:

or

or unlikely but possibly

Thanks

G'Day
    It might be your satellites.xml file.
    You may need too edit the transponder list to search for a valid transponder.
    You could try Foxtels Home transponder
    Symbol Rate = 27800
    Frequency = 12438
    FEC = 3/4

Hope this helps
    Zman

1/2 way between C1 & D2 inclined @ 2.4 deg
    Thanks

Maybe get the specific transponder details off lyngsat and search under manual until you get it ?

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks everyone - today i did eventually find the LNB freq was incorrect and after continued experimentation and using the advice given above by everyone on the settings with the correct frequencies in my unit it is now working perfectly, also thanks for the PM from Fernbay and his advice as well and the LNB settings.

I just need to know now how and where to get Autoroll keys so i can FTP them into the unit so i can open up the Aur**a channels but i can't do anything until i can connect my DM500s to my computer as i did'nt have the correct cable handy and i'm only in a small country town without any proper computer shops.

Thanks again everyone.
    Wayne