Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Don't ask for Bacon at KFC Punchbowl

Thanks

If they don't have the same menu as a "normal" kfc (including bacon), then they shouldn't be calling the restaurant kfc. Call it arab fried chicken or something, but not kfc. The whole point of these franchises is that they are the same wherever you go.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lomax For This Useful Post:

enf (07-01-11),HoochDaTank (06-01-11),iwacelect (07-01-11),Mgoldbe1 (06-01-11),puca (07-01-11),tony54 (07-01-11)

Thanks

Why all this BS to only cater for a specific migrant sector? If they have trouble accepting Australia as a multicultural society , then those ppl can #### off and go back to where they came from?

and FYI this is coming from an Asian migrant.

• The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ragnarok For This Useful Post:

bulbous (06-01-11),enf (07-01-11),iwacelect (07-01-11),softel (06-01-11),tony (07-01-11),tony54 (07-01-11),Tradesman (07-01-11),xnavyman (07-01-11)

I am NOT the Messiah!
    Thanks

In fairness I think he was baited. He should not have gone off like that thou.

A worker at a KFC restaurant in Sydney has been suspended after he was filmed screaming vicious insults and threatening to attack a customer.

The violent outburst happened at a Halal-friendly KFC in Punchbowl on December 26, allegedly after a customer became angry after being refused bacon on their burger.

The Punchbowl restaurant does not serve bacon or pork in accordance with Islamic law, and one employee can be heard saying "we don't have bacon" before the other begins yelling.

"Don't record me bitch!" he screams as he approaches the counter. "Don't f---ing record me!"

The employee continues to yell and smacks the cash register display on its side, before other workers grab him and lead him outside.

"I'm gonna f---in break your head bro," he says to the person filming as he is led around the corner out of sight.

A spokesman for KFC Australia told ninemsn the employee had been suspended over the incident and offered counselling.

"KFC Australia strongly condemns the behaviour of the team member who appears in the clip and sincerely apologises for this very inappropriate reaction," the spokesman said.

But the spokesman also said the employee may have been harassed by the customer before his meltdown.

"As part of our continuing investigation, KFC has been offered statements from other customers who were in the store at the time," the spokesman said.

"These statements indicate a customer had directed offensive language and became abusive towards the team member when the customer's preferred selection was not available at that store."

The video was posted online by YouTube user "farkie", who wrote that the outburst stemmed from an argument over bacon.

"We asked for bacon on the burger, when we complained about there being no bacon," they wrote.

KFC said their investigation into the incident was ongoing.

• The Following User Says Thank You to SystemRat For This Useful Post:

cobra679 (06-01-11)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,203 Times in 3,649 Posts

I think that Bell St Maccas has gone Halal too after the renovations.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Godzilla For This Useful Post:

softel (06-01-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    I think that Bell St Maccas has gone Halal too after the renovations.
    Yep,that's another place I won't go to now.
    My friends and I used to stop by this maccas after a night out on the town but not any more.
    Preston a suburb in Melbourne has a majority population of non muslims so why make this a halal only franchise.
    What about the rest of us!
    Last edited by softel; 06-01-11 at 09:24 PM.

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to softel For This Useful Post:

ageno2gen1 (07-01-11),cobra679 (06-01-11),enf (07-01-11),Godzilla (06-01-11),remote (07-01-11),Tradesman (07-01-11)

I am NOT the Messiah!
    Thanks

Ok so when are the Chinese dog and the Japanese whale restaurants opening then. If we must respect cultural differences ??

I guess the bean counters have worked out there is a dollar in it or KFC and McDonalds would not be doing this.

Still we can vote with our feet and stop going to such places.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SystemRat View Post

By looking at the video I suspecty this has already happened. I had a hard time believing this store was even in Australia. Luckily (so far) we don't have these issues in SA - but I'm sure our time will come. I think we need another one of those Australia day 'gatherings' we had a few years back to put the refugees in their place
    When I was a kid, I used to have an imaginary friend. I thought he went everywhere with me. I could talk to him and he could hear me, and he could grant me wishes and stuff too. But then I grew up, and stopped going to church.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mods For This Useful Post:

Devil^Boy (08-01-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    Must remember to ask for bacon there, next time I'm in the area.

lOVE TO TAKE IN MY F***ING BACON AND JUST SLAP IT ON IN FRONT OF THEM.

Speak to my missus like that and I would of pulled the brat over the counter and smashed him.
    Last edited by HoochDaTank; 06-01-11 at 10:05 PM.
    If I want too,I can, I will

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HoochDaTank For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (06-01-11)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,467 Times in 958 Posts

This has just appeared on Today Tonight on GWN.......

again they say he was set up, etc......

but that he over reacted etc....

Surely there should be training for employees in a Halal store ... because the Bacon question is destined to be asked !!!

& if he was setup or not......he behaved appallingly.
    Become a Premium Member and support the Austech Forum

• The Following User Says Thank You to OSIRUS For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Onefella View Post
    Isn't the psych going off about whoever is "cording" (recording) him?

then he's probably necked himself after becoming famous on youtube.
    That would be nice

I am NOT the Messiah!
    Thanks

I think most McDonald and KFC etc are franchises. I suspect this is a case of the franchise owner doing this of their own accord and head office scared of stepping on anyone's toes in the political correctness stakes say "err yea ok".

I really don't give a rat's if they do or do not serve ham or not but what worries me is we are bending to a minorities wants. What's next ?

If people come to live here of their own free will then accept the culture here. if that means don't go to McDonald fine. Go to the halal equivalent. I am going to an Italian restaurant tonight not because god told me it was ok because they introduced some fine food to this country as opposed to trying to ban existing food.

System Rat steps off the soap box. Thank you.

• The Following User Says Thank You to SystemRat For This Useful Post:

remote (07-01-11)

Thanks

I mean its one thing to have a Halal chain of Islamic restaurants not serving bacon, that's perfectly acceptable.

But then again to have KFC pulling a halal fad and not serving bacon to appease a specific sector (while annoying the majority), now that's a load of BULLSHIT

Thanks

maybe the employee is a victum of this

[

"So now WE cant have bacon because HE doesn’t believe in it?

And what if I don’t believe in Islam? Does that compel him to stop practicing it?"
    Last edited by HoochDaTank; 06-01-11 at 10:22 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,203 Times in 3,649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by softel View Post
    Yep,that's another place I won't go to now.
    My friends and I used to stop by this maccas after a night out on the town but not any more.
    Preston a suburb in Melbourne has a majority population of non muslims so why make this a halal only franchise.
    What about the rest of us!
    My son tells me the place packs out at lunch time due to Northern TAFE around the corner.

The other night we pulled in to use the toilets there and noted 3 security guards (wanna be coppers) walking around, acting tough and perving at every female walking around, they actually made the place look scumy.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

We don't serve bacon here...... what's next?

We don't serve non-Muslims here?

Just wish the government/s would get their shit together and have the guts to stop these people destroying the Australian way of life!

• The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

anyone (07-01-11),cobra679 (07-01-11),conan_oz (07-01-11),cozi (13-01-11),Godzilla (07-01-11),HoochDaTank (07-01-11),kcsoft (16-01-11),MaXiLeeCH (10-01-11),OSIRUS (07-01-11),Ragnarok (07-01-11),remote (07-01-11),softel (07-01-11),tony (07-01-11),tony54 (07-01-11),Tradesman (07-01-11),Twoshots (09-01-11)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

The violent outburst happened at a Halal-friendly KFC in Punchbowl on December 26, allegedly after a customer became angry after being refused bacon on their burger.
    I don't understand the concept of "Halal Friendly" especially when there is a sign at that store that states Popcorn Chicken and Nuggets are 'NOT HALAL'. So if they can sell these NON HALAL products surely they can sell bacon.

On the same note, Muslims enjoyed KFC when bacon was served in the past, why all of a sudden the change?

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to intelliGEORGE For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (06-01-11),HoochDaTank (07-01-11)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,203 Times in 391 Posts

Nevermind Halal, I'm waiting for a vegetarian KFC!

• The Following User Says Thank You to Learjet For This Useful Post:

Onefella (08-01-11)

Thanks

This thread has got it all:
    - viral video
    - violent outburst ("fast food rage")
    - scruffy suburb
    - fried chicken
    - inbreeding
    - racial tension
    - religious intolerance
    - lousy grasp of the English language (as spoken in the video)

YeeHaaaa! Gawwd damn!

Welcome to the United States of Australia.

Time to move south of the border?
    #I don't stereotype people, not like most of you do.#

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    Why all this BS to only cater for a specific migrant sector? If they have trouble accepting Australia as a multicultural society , then those ppl can #### off and go back to where they came from?
    But wait, isn't that in itself not accepting of 'Australia as a multicultural society'? I am pretty sure you have just majorly contradicted yourself there.

Thank you, I think this is the first piece of sanity in this entire thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Mods View Post
    I think we need another one of those Australia day 'gatherings' we had a few years back to put the refugees in their place
    ...but sorry, I think that was just completely undone.

Quote Originally Posted by OSIRUS View Post
    Surely there should be training for employees in a Halal store ... because the Bacon question is destined to be asked !!!
    There's no doubt about it that this guy is off his rocker with his response, but I honestly don't think they really need training apart from answering 'no' if they are asked if they have bacon. In no way would behavior like this ever be acceptable.

I think most McDonald and KFC etc are franchises. I suspect this is a case of the franchise owner doing this of their own accord and head office scared of stepping on anyone's toes in the political correctness stakes say "err yea ok".
    Really? You think Yum, the multibillion dollar company (which owns Pizza Hunt and Taco Bell worldwide), is afraid of stepping on the toes of a small franchisee? These companies are highly invested in protecting their brand so they set the law and their word is final when it comes to their stores (including franchises).

I really don't give a rat's if they do or do not serve ham or not but what worries me is we are bending to a minorities wants. What's next ?

If people come to live here of their own free will then accept the culture here. if that means don't go to McDonald fine. Go to the halal equivalent.
    WHAT THE ####? So you have an issue with just 3 KFC stores (out of 600) in the whole of Australia being catering for the demographic in their individual area? What ever happened to this 'free will' that seems to only go one way? The franchisee is exercising their free will by not selling Bacon, and the customers exercise their free will by repeatedly going to the store and giving them business. Obviously if the majority of their customer had an issue with it then that would reflect in their sales and they would have to take a second look at their Halal strategy. If you have a such a huge problem with such a small minority of KFC (.5% are Halal) over a piece of bacon (which, evidently the people here do), then maybe you could exercise your free will by going to ?

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dart22 For This Useful Post:

Nathan Explosion (17-01-11),rumey (21-10-11)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Wow ! What a first post

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

cobra679 (07-01-11),Godzilla (07-01-11),HoochDaTank (07-01-11),iwacelect (07-01-11),mickstv (07-01-11),Tradesman (07-01-11)

• Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast