Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Don't ask for Bacon at KFC Punchbowl

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,458 Times in 1,141 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cobra679 View Post
    Nutters!!! I forgot we were talking about KFC and stuff.

My mistake

The thread is about the KFC store at punchbowl.

I'm sure Trent frequents there

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RjC-vh06_c]YouTube - Trent from Punchy[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofpQF_Uvv1s]YouTube - Trent from Punchy THE SECOND INTERVIEW[/ame]
    Reality is an invention of my imagination.
    ಠ_ಠ

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fernbay For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (11-01-11)

Thanks

It is a bit ridiculous to walk into a chicken specialty chain expecting a pig on a spit somewhere. How far away is the nearest non-halal KFC?

Thanks

He reminds me of bling bling from bum fights.... it's amazing that when these people watch themselves on footage they do not see anything wrong .... Bloody sad ....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AzzA View Post
    The whole idea of having an animal slaughtered in a particular fashion to ensure the product is safe for human consumption.
    [/QUOTE]

Is quite stupid and ludicrous.

Do you have any evidence that meat prepared in this fashion is either any healthier or safer than prepared other ways?

Anyway I couldn't give a fig if Muslins want to eat bugs and dirt off the floor. I just don't believe I should be disadvantaged in the availability of food because of someone elses crazy beliefs.
    * Bill Paxton is the only actor to be killed by Alien, a Terminator, and the Predator.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bambbbam For This Useful Post:

cro69 (11-01-11),HoochDaTank (11-01-11)

Thanks

If this particular KFC is a franchise , then i assume the owner would need permission from KFC head office to change the set menu. he may have been granted this permission .

Thanks

Then perhaps the store promotional material could make mention of a "Limited Menu" so that punters know to go to another store.
    * Bill Paxton is the only actor to be killed by Alien, a Terminator, and the Predator.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 707 Posts

Go there a lot, do you?

Then why are you bothered by it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bambbbam View Post

Is quite stupid and ludicrous.

Do you have any evidence that meat prepared in this fashion is either any healthier or safer than prepared other ways?

Anyway I couldn't give a fig if Muslins want to eat bugs and dirt off the floor. I just don't believe I should be disadvantaged in the availability of food because of someone elses crazy beliefs.
    You Sir should get a job at Fairfax, you have a marvellous ability to extract a single sentence from a monologue and represent it out of context. Congratulations and please go to the top off the class.

If you read past the first sentence of the post, where you extracted the one sentence from, you would find it was a lead-in for comparison between "old World" and "new World" practices. The "old World" methods do work, and they have done for many years in regions where higher education and hygiene are otherwise non-existent... areas also lacking in things like cold-storage, clean running water, and sewerage. Thankfully, in most of the "new World" (including Australia) we don't have to rely on the "old World" methods because we have a higher level of understanding and far more advanced facilities.

I also don't give a fig (which BTW are both Halal and Kosher) who eats what or how they prepare it. However, I do care about the proliferation of ignorance and how violent arguments are brewing between the red-necks and the cave-dwellers... as they seem to be equally endowed with ignorance. Honestly, it's like watching hillbillies argue about who Pa is!

Comparing KFC to food is silly enough as it is, getting upset because you can't get an extra slice of smoked grease with it... "wull that's just plum stee-range there bee-haive-yer Jethro!"
    Last edited by AzzA; 11-01-11 at 04:54 PM. Reason: formatting error
    #I don't stereotype people, not like most of you do.#

Thanks

That guy spins me out... E or whippa the day after. Not good

Quote Originally Posted by Fernbay View Post

• The Following User Says Thank You to cobra679 For This Useful Post:

z1gg33 (11-01-11)

Thanks

lol! EOF
    If you feed ducks at a pond, chances are your bound to feed a goose or two without even knowing it.

Thanks

I own a pharmacy and was shocked to find out last year that a brand of Vitamin D3 we stock became Halal approved. I contacted the manufacturer and was told this was a marketing ploy. When I enquired what they paid to have the symbol placed on the label, they said it was nothing (which I have since found out to be incorrect).

I decided straight away to not stock the product but have since restocked it due local doctors recommending patients to take it. Most customers will take other brands when I show them the Halal labelling.

I'm not a racist and believe in equality for all but do not like it when we are dictated to by minority groups.

• The Following User Says Thank You to bigal For This Useful Post:

softel (16-01-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigal View Post
    I'm not a racist and believe in equality for all but do not like it when we are dictated to by minority groups.
    I'd be interested to hear how you feel having a small symbol printed on packaging somehow makes you feel you're being 'dictated to' by anyone. Is this REALLY a rational reaction from someone I'd assume to be an educated person?
    Did you have a similar shitfit over barcodes, metrication and the decimal currency system?

Thanks

Why should our products cost more to cover labelling that only appeals to a very small number of people. And yes, the price of these tablets have gone up. Most of my customers are elderly and many are repat (those who served in the armed forces in Australia, New Zealand and England) and a very high percentage of those are against this type of labelling. How do I know? I talk to my customers. I listen to what they say. I respond to their needs.

Why don't these companies do the same thing for jews, Seventh-Day Adventists, Hindus or to take it the extreme, Christians on good friday?

What the hell does barcodes, metrication and decimal have to do with anything? I fail to see the connection. These were a way of modernising Australia and benefitted all of us (though I'm sure there were some who were against it when they first came in). How does the Halal symbol do that?

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigal For This Useful Post:

Tradesman (17-01-11)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Don Benosee View Post
    Did you have a similar shitfit over barcodes, metrication and the decimal currency system?
    No, I imagine he didn't....those are measuring standards and scientifically based...halal is just blind faith...

I thought YOU were against that...(the faith bit, not the band...)

Cheers
    enf
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Thanks

Why should our products cost more to cover labelling that only appeals to a very small number of people. And yes, the price of these tablets have gone up.
    Of course prices go up, they very rarely go down. Do you actually know the cost increase per bottle/packet that was directly related to the Halal label?
    Most of my customers are elderly and many are repat (those who served in the armed forces in Australia, New Zealand and England) and a very high percentage of those are against this type of labelling.
    Nice attempt to inject an emotive twitch with the 'served in the armed forces' line, but whether one section of the population has a particular opinion has absolutely no relevance to whether putting a tiny logo on a bottle is 'dictating to' you.
    Why don't these companies do the same thing for jews, Seventh-Day Adventists, Hindus or to take it the extreme, Christians on good friday?
    Perhaps beecause no such labelling exists. If it did, the pharmcos would be all over it, since it's about money...or do you REALLY think the halal labelling is done for an reason other than to increase market share?
    What the hell does barcodes, metrication and decimal have to do with anything? I fail to see the connection.
    There was a consequent rise in labelling costs. Funny though, because it didn't have a religious connotation, nobody got on their high horse about discrimination when it happened.

Thanks

I'll guess we'll have to agree to disagree. At least in our country there is freedom of speech allowing for this type of discussion to occur. You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. At least I don't have to worry about you (or me doing to you) sending a bomb to my home and/or shop because we don't agree on the same thing - and no, I'm not saying all Muslims are terrorists, or the government stopping any form of open discussion.

Thanks

So there's no evidence to support your claim that halal pricing was actually responsible for any price rise? No problem, that's what I was getting at.

Please don't take it personally - I'm no fan of any religion or any other make-beleive crap, but I'm also not a fan of people who use unsubstantiated supposition to justify bias while protesting they don't actually have that bias. FFS, if someone doesn't like muslims, buddhists, mongolians or people with blue eyes, why can't they just SAY SO? Why pretend your opinion is based on logical thinking, and why keep making up reasons? I just don't get why people bother with this, and not just admit they just hate the pricks?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 533 Posts

I'm not saying all Muslims are terrorists,
    but all terrorists are muslims.

as for religion and politics i seem to remember that they were banned from the forum, now it seems that everything thats posted turns into politics or religion.
    Last edited by mango; 17-01-11 at 02:20 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,404 Times in 1,392 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fernbay View Post

Maybe it was Trent taking the video on one of his lucid days.

Mickstv

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

I own a pharmacy and was shocked to find out last year that a brand of Vitamin D3 we stock became Halal approved.
    how can you have Halal Vitamins???

Was the poor old Vitamin D3's throat cut while a religious man spoke gobblie gook over it???
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to porkop For This Useful Post:

Don Benosee (17-01-11),enf (17-01-11),intelliGEORGE (17-01-11)

• Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast