Thread: Bosch Solution 16+ installation help required

Thanks

Default Bosch Solution 16+ installation help required

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a Bosch Solution 16+ alarm system at home and is having some issues.

I have connected my alarm system as follows:
    -Battery connected
    -Power supply connected
    -Wireless receiver connected to the battery (+ -) and to the input connection on the board.
    -Turned on my wireless PIR. and added my wireless PIR ID to the system using the keypad.

My wireless PIR can detect movement and I can see a flashing light on my wireless receiver when there is an activity. However I can not see any update on the keypad. Is there anything I need to do to get my wireless receiver to talk to my system?

Any help will be much appreciated. Let me know if you need any other information.

Cheers

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adrienho View Post
    Hi,

I'm trying to setup a Bosch Solution 16+ alarm system at home and is having some issues.

I have connected my alarm system as follows:
    -Battery connected
    -Power supply connected
    -Wireless receiver connected to the battery (+ -) and to the input connection on the board.
    -Turned on my wireless PIR. and added my wireless PIR ID to the system using the keypad.

My wireless PIR can detect movement and I can see a flashing light on my wireless receiver when there is an activity. However I can not see any update on the keypad. Is there anything I need to do to get my wireless receiver to talk to my system?

Any help will be much appreciated. Let me know if you need any other information.

Cheers
    out of curiousity did you

1 read the installation manual

2 understand its contents fully

3 default the panel before attempting to program anything

if you answered no to any of the questions, do yourself a favour and call a licenced tech or call the supplier that you purchased this system from and get the appropiate help and save yourself some tears latter.

Thanks

Key in your installer/programming code followed by the menu button to enter install programming

now press 3, 5 , 0. make this option a type 04 now press ok then press and hold the menu button to exit programming

• The Following User Says Thank You to 2Secure For This Useful Post:

adrienho (03-03-11)

Thanks

yes, i did read the whole manual and even downloaded additional manuals.
    understood the whole content, defaulted the panel and attempted to connect it.

Thought i could get some friendly advice form this forum as I saw a few posts regarding this specific security system...

My issue is trying to get the wireless receiver to talk to my system... any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2Secure View Post
    Key in your installer/programming code followed by the menu button to enter install programming

now press 3, 5 , 0. make this option a type 04 now press ok then press and hold the menu button to exit programming
    Thank you very much for your reply.

I've set the option 4 as you've said but still can't get any signal to the keypad.

I've connected the wireless receiver to the board as follows (3 cables; +ve, -ve and a third cable going to the input connection on the board)

Are there any resistors that i need to install to activate the wireless receiver?
    Last edited by adrienho; 03-03-11 at 07:27 PM.

Thanks

You do realise that the wireless PIR is only going to send one signal every few minutes, before going into sleep mode, right?

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to downunderdan For This Useful Post:

adrienho (03-03-11),R E S S (03-03-11)

Thanks

ty for the info. will continue the setup tomorrow. Cheers

Thanks

Looks like you have wired it right, no you dont need any resistors

Double check the ID you have progammed in, make sure the input type is right and that it is in the right area.

Take the front cover off the PIR and the panel will see the tamper, if that works then hardware should be ok. When testing the PIR arm the alarm go out side for 5mins then go back in trigger it and see if you get a alarm from it

Thanks

And read the manual which came with the detector.

Thanks

Have you programmed each device ID into the panel? Each sensor has a unique code to link it to the panel.

Thanks

Good job bumping an old thread...

Thanks

Default Bosch Solution 16 - all zone indicators lit up all the time

Hi, I also need some help please with the Bosch Solution 16 installation. Recently I had to reset to factory default because I was trying to clean up all the user codes without realising that user 1 is also the master code. After resetting the system to default and following the 282 page manual, I was able to set up new user codes and the zones etc. But for some reasons all the zone indicators on the remote codepad keep lit up all the time. According to the manual, when first started, "all zone indicators will illuminate momentarily and then extinguish." Looking through the manual I couldn't find a way to get the zone indicators to lit normally as they should. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

Do you have the silution 16 or the solution 16+ ? For the 16+ if you have defaulted the panel then the eol resistor will be set to 3k3. If 3k3 is not being used in your PIRs then the zones will not seal. Have a look in menu 340. You could try different values till you come across the correct one & the zone seals.
    If you are referring to the Sol16 then you have the same problem & will need to go to loc 339 & try the different values.
    OR you could open up the PIR & see what value it should be if you can read resistor colour codes or have a MM OR you could leave it alone & get someone who knows what they are doing.

Thanks

Thanks so much for the quick reply, Watchdog. Mine is a Sol 16. So I will check location 339. I think it defaults to a 4 = 3k3, but that probably is not suitable for the PIRs installed. Will try other values and see how that goes. Thanks again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pc821 View Post
    Thanks so much for the quick reply, Watchdog. Mine is a Sol 16. So I will check location 339. I think it defaults to a 4 = 3k3, but that probably is not suitable for the PIRs installed. Will try other values and see how that goes. Thanks again.
    more than 8 devices??? make sure you check you have enabled zone doubling! location 339 think its meant to be a 15

Thanks

I only have 8 PIRs. Found the right value for location 339 and all the zones are sealed. So problem solved. Thanks very much for the help.

Thanks

Hi did you enable Wireless location 666 by memory.