Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie to the dreambox and the forum and have been finding it a bit difficult to follow topics and find the information that I am after. There appears to be alot of assumed knowledge here and terminology that I am not familar with. I am having a tough time understanding it all.

I have a DM600C. Any help and/or links for the following items would be appreciated:
- How to enable closed captions/subtitles?
- How to get the EPG to display more than now and next, ie can I get 7 days programming up? I've seen CrossEPG being recommended for use in Australia. I hoping to view more than now and next and also timer record.
- How do I connect the dreambox to my computer in order to transfer plugins and edit files? I've seen in some forums people ftping to the dreambox and then editing a file on the dreambox in order to enable the plugin.

I have noticed that on the dreambox itself there is a download option via the remote/menus (opposed to connecting to computer and ftp), I selected some of these items and it appears from status' on the screen that they were successfully downloaded. Eg, I downloaded a Closed Caption plugin. If they have been downloaded, how to I enable and configure these plugins? Is it something I can do from the dreambox remote or do I need to connect to the dreambox via my computer? Currently it looks like I have downloaded them but have no idea to activate them. I can't see anything in the menus regarding plugins etc.

Thanks for your time and patience with a newbie. Its a bit overwhelming at the moment and I'm a little lost and not sure where to start.

Cheers