Thread: Aus* not working in Dreambox

Thanks

Question Aus* not working in Dreambox

Hi Guys / Girls

I have been doing a bit of reading on this forum about the update aus* did on there sub cards to make them not work in 3rd party box's. I have a dream box with a legit card that no longer works. I think it sucks that i am locked to the provider box. I also have friends that have legit cards but run them in there M$ Media center and they are in the same boat.

I was wondering if any one has any ideas what aus* have really done. Some people are saying they have married the cards and the boxes together. If there is the case will that mean my card wont work in any other aus* box or have they just lock the cards down to a few brands of boxes. If any one out there can test this it would be a big help. I.E. put your working card in to some one elses AUS* box to see if it works. If this is the case is there any cams out there that let you set a "BOX ID" ? and if thats the case how would one extract a box id from the provider box?

Other on the fourm have been saying there was a CAM update sent down not that long ago. any one have any info ???

Also finaly i have ask around and some people that supply discounted aus* have said the problem is to do with a frequency change. I have heard it from 3 different people now. I dont understand what they are talking about. I'm still able to pick up all the channels on my current dream box just unable to decrypt becuase my card wont work.

and one more thing. I have been reading or misreading that is may be possible to have access to NDS via the dream box. Is this true and will it work for Foxtel? (woundering if i get a foxtell sub can i just go on using my dreambox?)

Thanks

Look Here ->
    Thanks

The F*xtel NDS works fine in the Dreambox as posted on numerous other threads. The day that F*xtel does what Au*tar has done is the day that I cancel my subscription.

Thanks

I have the au*star multi package room, I also ran my Dreambox in the lounge on one legit sub card so I could record, once Aus*ass, sent out there f*ckwit update, that screwed my Dreambox from decrypting the channels. I then swapped the sub cards from Austa* box to Aust*r box but got an error saying it was the wrong card or some sh*t similar to that effect. So I had to put the cards back into their STB. All I can say ONCE AGAIN is Au*tar suck balls!

Thanks

so it would seem from Tumatawhero experiance its a card locked to a partuclar box.

Can you Card share with dream boxes and F*tel NDS Cards?

Has any one heard of this card and box marrying in anyother countries? and is there a way to make the dreambox have the same id as asu* STB?

Thanks

learn to use the search button up top.

Thanks

what part am i searching for. I know that NDS work in dream boxes but i wasnt sure if sub card in australia worked.

Also i have done searching on trying to find if you can put a box id in the dream box and i have had no luck.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by screwloose View Post
    so it would seem from Tumatawhero experiance its a card locked to a partuclar box.

Can you Card share with dream boxes and F*tel NDS Cards?

Has any one heard of this card and box marrying in anyother countries? and is there a way to make the dreambox have the same id as asu* STB?
    Dont you hate it when the guru's tell you to search! I still consider myself a noob with Dreams, so can feel your fustration brother! Apparently the Fo*tel cards still work with Dreamboxs. I could not verify as Au*tar is the only provider we have here out in the "sticks".

Let me know screwloose if you manage to get Au*tar working in your Dream! I check back here reguarly in the faint hope some bright spark has cracked it!