3413MHz 9766Ks/s V

Can some one please explain this?

Thanks
    Sonny Giang
    Your LNB is not set to 5150!
    Uh Oh Oooops!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tvati View Post
    So you can watch HTV at the end ? I'm in Melbourne too, are you using 2.3 m dish to watch the HTV channels? Thanks.
    Actually No,

With my 2.3m dish, occasionally I could see HTV channels very clear, however, most of the time it's "bad or no signal". I think those HTV channels are just for pilot testing only or somethink like that.

For the last whole week, nothing could be detected.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by giangs View Post
    Actually No,

With my 2.3m dish, occasionally I could see HTV channels very clear, however, most of the time it's "bad or no signal". I think those HTV channels are just for pilot testing only or somethink like that.

If your dish setup is marginal you'll get this. Some days pics are ok some days not.

Leroy
    Last edited by LeroyPatrol; 06-02-12 at 12:43 PM.
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

Actually No,

You will get this especially overcast days,One test for you is to visit your nearest satellite retail store and just ask them if they can receive if in their 2.5+metre dish,if they are receiving it then you got some thinking to do how you can opt for a slightly big dish.Every bit of inches counts in receiving these sat signals..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CONAXLE View Post
    You will get this especially overcast days,One test for you is to visit your nearest satellite retail store and just ask them if they can receive if in their 2.5+metre dish,if they are receiving it then you got some thinking to do how you can opt for a slightly big dish.Every bit of inches counts in receiving these sat signals..
    I'll try that then.

I rang the guy who originally installed the SAT Dish for me to see if he could fix it, he said to me he has the same problem like me. So I thought those channels might be just the test/pilot ones. Since that guy installed (and got paid) the SAT dish for at least 6 families of my relatives, he should be an expert?!!! If he could fix it, he would have at least 5 more customers in waiting.

You guys have any idea where a local Satellite retail store around Vermont or Melbourne area?

Regards,
    Sonny Giang

Thanks

Hi all,

I believe that HTV has broadcast on the Vinasat 1 Freq. 3432 MHz
    Sym. 14.800 Ms/s
    Fec ¾
    Mod: DVB-S2
    H.264 encoding.

This TP includes the following channel:
    HTV7, HTV9, Thuan Viet, The Thao, Phim, Phu nu, gia dinh, du lich

This is High Definition broadcast so the picture quality is very clear, probably because of this if the signal quality is weak, no picture can be seen as in my case "No Audio/Bad signal" it happens mainly from 1pm-7pm Perth time, after 8pm the quality is improved. I use 2.3m dish, Strong 4930 HD receiver, Strong L926 LNB

there is another TP which is broadcast from VTV, showing the following channel VTV1,2,3,4,6. These channels are not HD so it can be watched no problem.

I try VOV but the signal break up few time so I have given up. Anyone has similar problem in Western Australia or world wide

Thanks

Default Tuning the Dish

I live in Melbourne and I could not catch signal since last week. The week before last, I could occasionally catch signal mainly before 9:00AM, after that I go to work, once I got back from work in the evening there was no signal at all until the next day when I wake up at about 7:00AM.

I tried to tune the dish last night and there still no improvement.

With the Dish, I think we can only Tune it in Up/Down position since the Left/Right position should be done by the motor ?

With the LNB, is there a one better than the other? I don't know what LNB I have since it's housed in a big container.

Thanks

Sounds to me either you got a Wi-Fi interference ,(Google "unwired") that you need a inline Filter or a Lnbf Bandpass filter"OR" the Network on the other end are doing some test that they turn the transponder /signal off.Lnb's can come in different brand/prices and the components inside.You could pay just $20 for a cheap one and works well or you can pay the top of range (commercial application) like the Norsat or Calamp PLL at about $800 to $1200 the choice is yours!..

Thanks

I would stand behind the dish with the signal level displayed on the screen and pull the left, right, top and bottom edges of the dish to see if the signal level increases. This will give you an idea on which way to adjust your dish. Obviously you'll need someone in front of the TV when you do this.
    Check all your connections for corrosion and if you need to try an LNB, Strong make a good quality C band LNB that works well.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

Giang,

It seems that the signal quality of HTV has been fluctuated in the last few days, normally I can watch HTV after 9pm Perth time, but last night the signal quality drop down to 63% and I can not watch at all, when I wake up this morning the signal has increased to 66% which is marginaly close to the threadhold value.

I wonder if anyone on the net has used a 3m dish or a better LNB which can pick up HTV on Vinasat 1?

Regards

Luong

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    I would stand behind the dish with the signal level displayed on the screen and pull the left, right, top and bottom edges of the dish to see if the signal level increases. This will give you an idea on which way to adjust your dish. Obviously you'll need someone in front of the TV when you do this.
    Check all your connections for corrosion and if you need to try an LNB, Strong make a good quality C band LNB that works well.

Leroy
    I could only find the two bolts that adjust the dish in up/down direction.

With the left/right there's no such bolt but I believe the motor would do that job.

My wife stayed in side and look at the signal however since it's fluctuated so much that she could only telling the range of signal such as 40-50, 41-52.....

At the end, I don't think it has any improvement to what it was before.

In another topic,

someone just PM me and said that with Openbox, he could make me watch Austar channels free for 1 off fee. Can someone confirm if this is feasible?

Sonny Giang

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

I could only find the two bolts that adjust the dish in up/down direction.

With the left/right there's no such bolt but I believe the motor would do that job.

My wife stayed in side and look at the signal however since it's fluctuated so much that she could only telling the range of signal such as 40-50, 41-52.....

At the end, I don't think it has any improvement to what it was before.

In another topic,

someone just PM me and said that with Openbox, he could make me watch Austar channels free for 1 off fee. Can someone confirm if this is feasible?

Sonny Giang

If it's a polar mount, it probably has one or two steel brackets locking the dish in the centre position.

A polar mount has a big pivot point that the dish swings on from left to right.

If you remove the locking plates, the dish should move freely.

If your dish doesn't have a polar mount, it can't me motorised.

As for someone offering you free Austar... it's not free if you have to pay for it... it's a scam and you should name the person offering it, as it's against the forum rules... not to mention against the law.

PM a mod if you don't wish to name them publicly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    If it's a polar mount, it probably has one or two steel brackets locking the dish in the centre position.

A polar mount has a big pivot point that the dish swings on from left to right.

If you remove the locking plates, the dish should move freely.

If your dish doesn't have a polar mount, it can't me motorised.

As for someone offering you free Austar... it's not free if you have to pay for it... it's a scam and you should name the person offering it, as it's against the forum rules... not to mention against the law.

PM a mod if you don't wish to name them publicly.
    It's actually a Polar Mount, however, why we have to do it that way but not using the motor to move it. What's the different between moving it that way and using the motor?

About, the free Austar... I just wonder if it's technically possible, that's all, I chose not to PM or naming that person name.

Regards,
    Sonny Giang

Administrator
    Thanks

It's actually a Polar Mount, however, why we have to do it that way but not using the motor to move it. What's the different between moving it that way and using the motor?
    I'm not quite understanding what you mean.

With a motorised dish, the section of the mount that clamps to the pole stays fixed, and the dish is moved on the pivot point (the polar axis) as the actuator moves in and out.

To change the azimuth of a fixed dish (no motor) you move the entire dish around manually on the mounting pole.

Thanks

I'm not quite understanding what you mean.

With a motorised dish, the section of the mount that clamps to the pole stays fixed, and the dish is moved on the pivot point (the polar axis) as the actuator moves in and out.

To change the azimuth of a fixed dish (no motor) you move the entire dish around manually on the mounting pole.
    My dish is a motorised dish.

That's why I think we do not need to change the azimuth manually by unscrewing the clamps on the Pole, but using the motor to do it.

Thanks

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone in Australia can watch HTV, Thuan Viet channels thru Vinasat 1, if so what size of satellite dish, brand of satellite receiver box, LNB...

Thanks

How about you contact Vinasat themselves and ask them the requirements for receiving the signal.

Administrator
    Thanks

My dish is a motorised dish.

That's why I think we do not need to change the azimuth manually by unscrewing the clamps on the Pole, but using the motor to do it.
    Sorry for the confusion... I misunderstood.

You are correct, using the motor you should be able to drive the dish east/west and if it's been aligned to the Clarke Belt correctly by the installer, it will automatically adjust elevation for the arc as it turns.

If your dish is correctly aligned, you should be able to receive any satellite that has sufficient signal in your area. (not including encrypted services, etc)

Thanks

Sorry for the confusion... I misunderstood.

You are correct, using the motor you should be able to drive the dish east/west and if it's been aligned to the Clarke Belt correctly by the installer, it will automatically adjust elevation for the arc as it turns.

If your dish is correctly aligned, you should be able to receive any satellite that has sufficient signal in your area. (not including encrypted services, etc)
    thanks mtv,

I just thought that I have to unbolt some screws tonight so I can adjust the dish for Left/Right direction.

You just throw in a new Jargon for me: "Clarke Belt". I'll search on internet to see what that means. However, I don't think the Internet would tell me how to check if my dish has been "aligned to the Clarke Belt correctly". Do you have any hint on this?

I understand that the channels on my receiver are from: AsiaSat 2, AsiaSat 3S, Vinasat 1, IntelSat 8C. Does it mean that can just check on Lyngsat web page to find the position and then adjust the dish to add other satellites such as: Optus D1/C1 ....

Thanks

Your dish is tracking the clarke belt if it currently receives those satellites. But it still may need tweaking as it may not be tracking it 100% and this is why you maybe having problems with receiving the HTV channels. But in saying that you may just need to get a larger dish.

Use lyngsat as a guide for the satellite positions and what you can receive. Once you've found a sat, do a blindscan to find everything on this sat if your receiver has this option.
    You won't be able to get the Optus sats because they are in the Ku band and you have a C-Band setup. If you want to get the Optus Ku sats then I would get a second hand Foxtel/Austar dish.

Leroy

• Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast