Thread: Help to remove branding - iGo Primo...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Unhappy [Solved] - Help to remove branding - iGo Primo...

Guys,

I'm new to this so forgive me if it's something simple.
    I have a 2din all-in-one unit fitted to my Sorento.

After upgrading from iGO 8 to Primo (15 Feb version) I had some common & I ended up downloading bazzle's 20 May version which resolved most of those.

My next dilemma is that the version I downloaded has an iGO 8 (another forum) loading screen & logo branding which I'm trying to remove.
    The annoying part is that the loading (splash) screen which I want to remove only occurs on the day map, on night map, the standard Primo night splash screen is displayed.

Want I want to have is the standard Primo splash screens for both day & night, & the (other forum) logo removed from the Help/About screen.

I've tried several approaches & can't manage to do it.
    It's really doing my head in!

What I have tried:

Replaced complete branding.zip with another which displays correct screens - no change.

Replaced complete data.zip with another - no change.

Tried to replace loading.bmp & logo.bmp inside data.zip - get error messages about resolution not supported.
    (If I replace or change anything at all inside data.zip I get the resolution not supported error message)
    When this happens, I have to reload my backup to the card & wait about 1/2 hour with power off until the unit resets.

Tried replacing the iGO.exe with another - no change.

All I've managed to change is part of the text (Web Address & Support Email) on the Help/About screen.

Very frustrating.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by HiroboFreak; 17-09-11 at 07:51 AM.

2. Look Here ->

Thanks

I think that particular branding on that version has been embedded into somewhere else. Ill ask there.

Bazzle

Thanks

Thanks bazzle.
    Failing that, is there any way to get your 20 May version without the branding ie: standard?

I've downloaded 4 different versions so far & your one has been the only one without sound issues. (Except for a minor TTS thing which is next on the agenda)

Thanks

In the data.zip/ui_/igo9/res_res Thanks to Nabi on that site

Hope it works for you. Lets us know?

Bazzle

Thanks

Thanks Bazzle.

I did see those there during my attempts but like I said if I change anything inside the data.zip then I get errors & then I'm forced to restore from my backup.

I have solved it though.
    I ended up downloading a "bare-bones" version of 20 May 2011 which is unbranded & then loaded all my maps etc.

All fixed.

I do appreciate that you went out of your way to help me with this bazzle.

Now onto the next couple of niggling issues - TTS cutting off first word & removing or overriding the battery icon.

Thanks

I too have the same problem so I did some digging around and found this solution,
    Go into data.zip, ui_igo9/res_res/default_picto_night and remove the "loading.bmp" but copy it to your pc as you will need it later, its the igo9 logo.
    Now you need a good pic program (i used photoshop cs), open it up in there then re save it as, but make sure the res is exactly the same as the "res_res" folders (you will need to adjust the res in photoshop to suit). You will need to make one for each res folder, just overight the existing "loading.bmp". Please note the new path to put the file is ui_igo9/res_res. DO NOT PUT IT BACK INTO THE PICTO_NIGHT FOLDER.
    Thats it hope it works for u guys as it did for me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Athlon70 View Post
    I too have the same problem so I did some digging around and found this solution,
    Go into data.zip, ui_igo9/res_res/default_picto_night and remove the "loading.bmp" but copy it to your pc as you will need it later, its the igo9 logo.
    Now you need a good pic program (i used photoshop cs), open it up in there then re save it as, but make sure the res is exactly the same as the "res_res" folders (you will need to adjust the res in photoshop to suit). You will need to make one for each res folder, just overight the existing "loading.bmp". Please note the new path to put the file is ui_igo9/res_res. DO NOT PUT IT BACK INTO THE PICTO_NIGHT FOLDER.
    Thats it hope it works for u guys as it did for me.
    I tried this and didn't get it to work. The default screens keep coming up.
    For editing though I used paint with Win 7, it did let me resize the resolutions as needed though??

The only other place I saw the file that I didn't change was in the branding .rar

Thanks

Ive also changed a couple lately as well putting my own Car pic in there.
    I opened using Win rar, opened the file whilst in there , changed it to my car (using same resolution and x/y). Saved back in and closed zip. Win rar askd if you want to save and replace .
    I have Vueprint on my PC that I used as a pic resizer.

Bazzle
    Last edited by bazzle01; 04-10-11 at 01:19 PM.

Thanks

Use VuePrint to resize and rename to loading.bmp the pic you want to use.
    Then open branding.zip using winrar.
    Open ui_igo9 and then your screen resolution file . ie. 800x480
    The file is called loading.bmp

Rename within winrar and then drag and drop the new one in. (Saved as loading.bmp)

Bazzle