Thread: Plasma Tv Repair

Thanks

Default Plasma Tv Repair

How many of you are reading this thread because you thought it had something to do with repairing Plasma TVs? Well if you did, you're wrong!

Have any of you guys ever clicked on the Google Ads that appear at the top of these forums. I spotted this one this morning:
    Plasma Tv Repair
    Find - Plasma Tv Repair. Plasma Tv Repair Guide.
    TvRepairGuide.info

And thought this might contain some useful resources. How wrong I was. The page contained a few buttons which on the surface looked useful, but only returned a few useless search results, most pointing to ebay. I understand Austech has commercial content to cover it costs and I regularly followup some of the commercial content (even if only to support Austech) but could we filter out these google Ads that are boardering on false and misleading advertising

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,132 Posts

You got to learn to right click and select properties
    When you do things right, people won't be sure that you have done anything at all

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,458 Times in 1,141 Posts

If it's an ad, I tend to tune out..... Be it on TV, Fox, radio, newspapers or even on the net
    Reality is an invention of my imagination.
    ಠ_ಠ

In the back of a 50 kW AM broadcast transmitter
    Thanks

Google and ads = $$

I don't click on any of them. Never seen one that ever leads to anything useful.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,132 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Studio1 View Post
    Never seen one that ever leads to anything useful.

LOL And when they do,they want you credit card details
    When you do things right, people won't be sure that you have done anything at all

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

If people dont click them you would probably find Austech wont be here unless Paul wants to fund the site out of his pay packet.
    Google Ads is the sites main income and moderating and filtering ads would be time consuming. They could possibly be reported to Google , I am not sure what their policy is on them. Ads are displayed generally as a match to the topic which is a good thing as you get ads that have something to do with what is being discussed. You might get the odd add that is full of shit but I have found most have been quite good in being related to the content.

I am NOT the Messiah!
    Thanks

Quote “I have found most have been quite good in being related to the content.”

That’s because Google actually push ad’s related to site content based on there scans of the target site. One site I use is related to military and intelligence related stuff and a while ago the site admin trailed Google ad’s to help pay a few costs. It did not last very long as the sort of ad’s it was popping up where cross referenced to terrorism, explosives and espionage it was really very odd and really did not work for that site and in the end Google got pulled.

Austech I guess would attract technology ad’s related to pay TV and game play perhaps.

In the back of a 50 kW AM broadcast transmitter
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
    If people dont click them you would probably find Austech wont be here unless Paul wants to fund the site out of his pay packet.
    Does that mean if I click on the links every time I hop on here, he will get loot? I am all for the site owner being fed money to keep it going. If this is the case I will start clicking

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Studio1 View Post
    Does that mean if I click on the links every time I hop on here, he will get loot? I am all for the site owner being fed money to keep it going. If this is the case I will start clicking
    Google are pretty savvy on what they perceive as false clicks and can cause troubles for the site. So click without going overboard.