Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: UltraPlus 900HD / X-9200HD firmware version 2.10.11 & Plugins - New Internet TV UI

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzibee View Post
    Yes I had the same thought. It is certainly my understanding that what you have said is correct. So it shouldn't be enabled or even loaded unless you need BISS.
    It's loaded as a part of MCAS but you don't need it so just don't start it.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scratcher View Post
    Didn't update my MCAS. Not sure how it's done. Do I need to? I'm running an aurora card, but don't use it much.
    What does the network connectivity indicate?
    I did send you a "pm" on this updating procedure, maybe you didn't get it. Mine doesn't lockup anymore. Yet to try the new firmware

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kaygill View Post
    I did send you a "pm" on this updating procedure, maybe you didn't get it. Mine doesn't lockup anymore. Yet to try the new firmware
    They generally don't it's just when people don't upgrade the plugins with the firmware. This is why I post the latest plugins with the firmware.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gustov View Post
    I've tried the new firmware v.2.10.11 and the interface is great but the absolute deal breaker of this upgrade is the loss of customised channel numbering and the inability to restore these.

Here in NZ, my family are used to finding TV One on channel 1 of the STB's D1 Satellite transponder, they're used to TV3 being on Ch 3 and they don't want them permanently assigned to ch 178 and ch 124. Similary on IS5 they expect to find the BBC on Ch 1 of the UltraPlus, not ch 133, and they expect to find NHK on D2 at Ch 1, not ch 85.

Why on earth the developers have removed the users ability to custom-order the channels is beyond me. This firmware upgrade makes the STB very user-unfriendly, more especially for family members who have no real interest in satellite TV but do want to be able to find their favourite channels where one would logically expect them to be.

I have returned to firmware v 2.09.87 until this is fixed. If you want to avoid a mutiny in your household I would urge others to seriously reconsider upgrading to 2.10.11 until the developers return control of channel numbering to the user. I love my X-9200 but I won't recommend it anymore to friends until the channel numbering option is returned.

If there is a work-around for the channel numbering that does not require a third-party application like Polar edit, I would be grateful to hear it.
    Nothing has been removed and you don't need to use polar edit.

Please use the Sort by service num from the Service List Option and all the channels will be as you prefer.
    To do this hit OK on your remote to bring up the service list, press the blue button to bring up the service List Option and change the setting sort by Local channel number to off.

Let us know how you go.

.......Leroy

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

garryo (07-02-12),gustov (11-02-12)

Thanks

Default re channel rearrangement

I agree with GUSTOV's thread. I too have changed back to the previous firmware because of this.
    I did go into the " Service List Option " and tried all the different settings but it would not go back to the way I had programmed my channels here in NZ. The closest it came in my settings was the ' Provider ' setting but this still just didn't look right. I did move them into the order I wanted but this left them with the wierd channel numbers. Why did this have to be changed?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BeepeeNZ View Post
    I agree with GUSTOV's thread. I too have changed back to the previous firmware because of this.
    I did go into the " Service List Option " and tried all the different settings but it would not go back to the way I had programmed my channels here in NZ. The closest it came in my settings was the ' Provider ' setting but this still just didn't look right. I did move them into the order I wanted but this left them with the wierd channel numbers. Why did this have to be changed?
    Nothing has changed but a new option been added however the firmware comes with sort by local channel No. as default and not sort by service No. as default as per previous firmware (accidentally)

The next SW update will have sort by Service No. as a default

you need to go to channel list and click on any channel, OK key and use service list option (blue key) and just turn off the option sort by local channel No. off and turn on sort by service No.

Sort by local channel no. has been added to this SW and again nothing else has changed.

Leroy
    Last edited by LeroyPatrol; 07-02-12 at 09:53 AM.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

BeepeeNZ (08-02-12),cro (10-02-12),garryo (07-02-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    They generally don't it's just when people don't upgrade the plugins with the firmware. This is why I post the latest plugins with the firmware.

Leroy
    What is the procedure for upgrading plugins? Thanks

I had an issue with my hard drive whirring all the time, I presumed it was because of timeshift function but it still did it when STB was turned off.
    This isn't happening now with new firmware

Thanks

I had an issue with my hard drive whirring all the time, I presumed it was because of timeshift function but it still did it when STB was turned off.
    Copy the plugin folder to your USB stick. When it's detected by the receiver, do a format user data (green button) before you download the plugin.

Leroy

• The Following User Says Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

Scratcher (07-02-12)

Thanks

Last edited by garryo; 07-02-12 at 09:20 PM. Reason: mistake

Thanks

Spoke too soon. My hard drive whirrs away 24/7. I have timeshift enabled so this is understandable. Problem is it whirrs away even when STB is turned off.
    Anyone else notice this?

Thanks

Spoke too soon. My hard drive whirrs away 24/7. I have timeshift enabled so this is understandable. Problem is it whirrs away even when STB is turned off.
    Anyone else notice this?
    I don't because I use a SSD! I'll see if I can find a sata drive to have a look.

And MCAS is working fine otherwise I'm guessing? People only let you know if there is a problem

Leroy

Thanks

Thumbs up

I don't because I use a SSD! I'll see if I can find a sata drive to have a look.

And MCAS is working fine otherwise I'm guessing? People only let you know if there is a problem

Leroy
    Was working ok before, box was just locking up from time to time.
    I did give you a thanks , didn't want to say all is good yet in case I jinxed myself

• The Following User Says Thank You to Scratcher For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (08-02-12)

Thanks

Nothing has been removed and you don't need to use polar edit.

Please use the Sort by service num from the Service List Option and all the channels will be as you prefer.
    To do this hit OK on your remote to bring up the service list, press the blue button to bring up the service List Option and change the setting sort by Local channel number to off.

Let us know how you go.

.......Leroy
    can't get the EPG to work with this new update. No program details. What am I doing wrong? Tried a few options when you push EPG like 'toggle and Open-epg and it says TP locking error. Must have done something. TNX

Thanks

can't get the EPG to work with this new update. No program details. What am I doing wrong? Tried a few options when you push EPG like 'toggle and Open-epg and it says TP locking error. Must have done something. TNX
    are you using a universal LNB? Was this ok in previous versions?

Leroy

Thanks

are you using a universal LNB? Was this ok in previous versions?

Leroy
    Was using a universal a while back but have been back on the single one for some weeks now. Seem to have 'locked' it somehow. There's just no listings there at all under EPG

Thanks

Thumbs up Fixed Channel No.s thanks Leroy P

Thanks LEROY for the post on how to change the channel sequence back to the way I had it. I hadn't come across the ' Service List ' before as there was no need, but I now know whats on that page for future.
    Thanks again as I have the new inet tv display now.

• The Following User Says Thank You to BeepeeNZ For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (10-02-12)

Thanks

Was using a universal a while back but have been back on the single one for some weeks now. Seem to have 'locked' it somehow. There's just no listings there at all under EPG
    No one have any ideas what this problem could be? Can the LNB cause this?
    Waiting for a friend to brng his STB with EPG around and try and then I can be sure.

Thanks

Can this new firmware go straight over 2.09.35, or should I load a couple of earlier-than-the-new, but later firmware than the existing 2.09.35?

The new firmware is detected on USB and box asks to install, but thought I'd ask first. How long should the loading take?

Does one need to first delete existing Free TV, or Plug Ins?
    Last edited by Keepleft; 10-02-12 at 11:20 AM.
    5th Wyking Panzer Division

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tosh View Post
    I just bought a x-9200 and im pretty happy with it so far.

I just have a small problem which I know I have to be doing something wrong. I have up dated to 2.10.11 firmware and I have installed XCAMClient 26/1/12 and eveythings ok to here.

When I try in put in a CCcam server in the client configurater I can put in the server address and the port but I am unable to put the user name or passsword in, when click ok on them nothing happens.
    So I thought I would edit it manually in /var/bin/XcamClient but when I open it in FTPrush or DCC it comes up with this garbage and charterers but nothing normal like CCcam.xml file

Any ideas Leroy ?
    Have you managed to sort out your ccam2 problem?
    I am experiencing the same thing when entering ccam2 server detalis in client configurator, I can enter all details but username and password I can not. Driving me nuts

Have tried manually entering the line via FTP and have entered the ccam2 line but I must be entering something wrong because am not having any luck.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Keepleft View Post
    Can this new firmware go straight over 2.09.35?

Does one need to first delete existing Free TV, or Plug Ins?
    Just delete plugins prior to loading the new firmware. Make sure you do a System Restore to Factory Default after the firmware has loaded.

Before loading the Plugins, after you insert the USB stick with the plugin folder, you'll have an option to Format User Data (green button).

Latest Plugins

The latest Addons file for FreeTV+ is located here

Copy the file to your USB stick and then start FreeTV+ then plug in USB stick and you will be prompted to load, select Yes.

To upgrade the Webzeal internet browser it's loacted here

Copy the .tz.gp file to your USB stick and load via the Storage menu/data transfer option.

Leroy

• Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast