Thread: MC 2100 E REV B tredmill controller

Thanks

Default MC 2100 E REV B tredmill controller

Hi all,
    I have a MC 2100 E rev B motor controller board manufactured by ICON 2003 in Thailand.
    it is a 240 V Version.

I have found Q5 the 25 amp hi voltage insulated gate generation 4 bipolar Transistor shorted. (G4 PC40k)

this in turn has burnt out Q1, the 25 amp (SCR 8025L ) and R21 and seriously over heated R16.

I have replaced both with new resistors, I chose 1k ohm for R21 and 330 Ohm for R16.
    I have powered up board with 240 VAC, and applied a 3volt supply to the LED input of
    U4 ( TD 3062 opto-coupler triac driver ) to test.

well it all works on the bench, it powers up and charges the main filter cap.

before I reinstall into machine, and run this board at full capacity, I would like to know the correct values of both R 21 and R 16.

many thanks for your time

Look Here ->
    Thanks

well, if anyone's interested,
    I took a chance, and fitted the board.
    all works OK, Under no load.
    I stop the machine and then hop on, and restart. it still works, however, after a little bit, it turns itself off. me thinks I may be a little too conservative on the resistor values I used?
    after all, playing with 240 V DC, I want to make sure I am conservative!

if anyone has one of these MC 2100 E power supply boards, apparently very common in many brands of treadmills ( mine is a pro-form 3.6 )
    I would really appreciate you taking a peek inside. The cct board is located under the motor cover, (just three screws removes the cover), nothing else to remove. hey while you are in there, give it a service! you may eliminate the same thing happening to yours!

Thanks

Default MC2100E REV D Treadmill Parts

Hello. I am responding to your question on resistor values in the ICON MC2100E board. R16 is 360 ohms. R21 is 1000 ohms. Do you have a schematic for this board? I would like to know the resistances on the pin out of Q5 out of the circuit as well as the diode D13 and SCR Q1. My unit works fine on all modes but trips the house 16 amp circuit breaker and main house 40amp RCD the instant I hit the + speed control. The motor is fine and runs strong at normal current draw on 110VDC external source. This DC motor is 0-180VDC.

I suspect Q5 is shorted since it measures 117VDC from the motor (-) board lug to each of the three pins. The bridge rectifier DB1 is supplying 117VDC to Q1. The D13 diode seems OK on a DVM. With the motor wires disconnected from the board the speed control does nothing other than put 200+VDC on the LD5 & LD6 motor supply lugs for an instant before bleeding back down to 7.4VDC idle regardless of the speed setting.

The DB-1 bridge rectifier could also have a shorting diode in it under load which would explain how a 20+ amp 240VAC mains short is happening back through the bridge rectifier to the AC power cord! I am ordering the above parts to cover all bases. Can't find this MC2100E REV D board online. It has the two relays at K1 & K2 and external console transformer that most 2100's don't have. I just want a used one for parts. Thanks. Frank

Thanks

This might help I have issues with this board to