Thread: NX4 Zone Trouble after battery change

Thanks

Default NX4 Zone Trouble after battery change

Hi there

Just changed my battery in an NX4 panel, tamper alarm went off which was deactivated using code, battery changed and all seemed good (Power light steady)

However one of the zones is flashing, it is the zone for the PIR that covers the area were the control box is located, I can set the alarm but only if i bypass this zone.

The PIR lights up when walked in front of and lights go off when movement stops.

Have tried *7 to no avail, was thinking that the PIR was probably active when I was changing the battery but cannot get the zone to work as normal.

Any gurus out there.

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

Check the wiring in the panel. You may have inadvertently knocked the cable loose from its terminal. Or, worse, the installer could have been lazy and installed the end of line resistors in the panel and it has come loose or broken off at the terminal.

Thanks

Have looked in the panel, the wiring looks fine, resistors are looped to the common port, it will work if i bypass the zone, i am thinking of powering everthing down and restarting

Thanks

Check for other reeds, etc which may have been wired in series with the PIR as more zones were not available. Could be a tamper or door reed to the room where the panel is kept. Stranger things have happened!