Thread: Fallen off the face of the earth

Thanks

Default Fallen off the face of the earth

Yooooooo!

Solution 16 v 1.40

I was called out to a client today that has reported like clock work for the past 3 years I have been working at my current house of employment.

Daily tests, Opens Closes and alarms. Beauty.

It suddenly stopped working between 0837 hrs on the 3rd July and the "Should Be Armed" LTC at 1800hrs.

Obvious answer is the telephone line is out -

I went to site, checked the telephone at the mode3, its there and working. Dialled our 1345# and the FE reciever answers and awaits handshake.
    I then connected my Contact ID decoder and booted up hyper-terminal. I sent a periodic dialler test and it came through not quite right - client code was correct, I had the '18' then it turned to mud.

When checking back raw data at the control room all they are getting is "15 9999 40" end comms. Which says to me that its not giving a handshake.

So i checked the settings;
    Location 48 - 1
    Location 49 - 1
    Location 50 - 1
    Location 51 - 2

I then thought maybe it was pulsing too quickly for the what ever reason, I altered location 51 to - '1' with no success in Comms

I then defaulted the panel and tried again, but this time I used the control rooms direct telephone number to their oldest reciever.
    Same results

What could I be missing? By default a Sol16 will talk to most (i want to say all) graded rooms with reputable recievers. Its an everyday task and I deal with the old girls almost daily in my area due to their popularity in the previous techs era. Its a no-brainer getting them to talk to someone.

Has anyone ever heard of them just dropping the handshake? or maybe not delivering the kiss off.

If this were a new client or a take over i would have suggested ADSL was strong or noise, but its clear to my ear and worked perfectly with no problems until suddenly.

It has me stumped - hopefully a replacement panel fixes the issue but really who knows!?!?

- El Kneebo

Look Here ->
    Banned
    Thanks

Cool

I have had various panels do weird things that I suspect was from ADSL induced noise in the street cable. I put filters in ALL panels now regardless of ADSL being connected or not.

Thanks

Swung it to a new line and problem sorted.
    Thing that had me stumped was the eftpos was still working- tried adsl filter and didnt fix the line.
    does Eftpos operate similarly to security? It would make sense if it did to me?