Thread: Paradox IP100 Internet module

Thanks

Default Paradox IP100 Internet module

I am new to the forum and am after some information on setting up the IP100

I had the SP6000 installed on Friday and I am trying to complete the setup myself instead of relying on an installer. The alarm is not a problem and I did not expect the IP100 to be a problem either, but have found the device is indicating it is connected to the network (LINK light is on), but I cannot see the device on my network.

I tried connecting the IP100 directly to my computer and found the device as IP address 0.0.0.0. When I changed it to a static IP address on my network, it disappeared and will no longer show up in Paradox IP Exporing Tools or in a network scan.

I have not yet obtained a username or password from Paradox, so I cannot get any assistance from them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks

Connect the unit to the network not just your computer and allow it to obtain a ip address from the dhcp server,

then try the ip explorer again, may pay to give it 15 - 30 seconds to load up.
    if that dont work you may have to reset it to factory default.

check your cables are suited Straight through Not crossover if connecting to the network.

Thanks

Thanks phantomdb

I had already tried everything and re-checked cables/connections, but no change. Are there any panel settings that need to be made to allow the IP100 to communicate with the network.

Michael

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcbizman View Post
    Thanks phantomdb

I had already tried everything and re-checked cables/connections, but no change. Are there any panel settings that need to be made to allow the IP100 to communicate with the network.

Michael
    Nope.
    Plug it into the network, on to the serial port on the panel.
    Give it a minute to start showing up link lights.
    Then run the IP explorer tool and it will have a DHCP address.
    right click on it and alter the address to something specific to your network.
    Then go to your routers admin menu - find it and set your ports to the IP address ect.
    easy.
    Register the device with the Paradoxmyhome website and off you are with a DHCP alarm panel.
    Dont loose your phone

Thanks

Thanks Uncle Kneebo

Again, had all the connections right but still not found by IP Exporing Tools. Eventually ran lonh cble directly from IP100 to router as they are in different locations and everything works.

Now need to work ouot a permanent solution instead of having a data cable running from upstairs to downstairs.

Again, thanks for the help provided.

Michael

Thanks

Correct me if im wrong, but you still havnt givin the ip module an ip address. Change from 0.0.0.0 to something on the same range as your network. You will also need to forward 2 ports in your modem settings if you wanna use iphone to connect and the internet!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TechBoy View Post
    Correct me if im wrong, but you still havnt givin the ip module an ip address. Change from 0.0.0.0 to something on the same range as your network. You will also need to forward 2 ports in your modem settings if you wanna use iphone to connect and the internet!
    the exploring tool SHOULD find it; its possible it hasnt in which case you see what DHCP address you router has given it, connect to it directly and readdress it then Ping with the exploring tool

Thanks

Default Paradox IP100: Problems with a master user

Hello,
    I've just installed Paradox IP100 to my security system. It works fine. But the main problem is once I tried to connect and connection was lost, I couldn't to login again, because "only one connection at a time". is there any possibility to login again without physical reset of this modul?
    Thank You.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Berazumis View Post
    Hello,
    I've just installed Paradox IP100 to my security system. It works fine. .
    Are you able to triger email?