Thread: Help with smart card programmer

Thanks

Default Help with smart card programmer

I have a problem connecting to a smart card programmer, yesterday I could connect, today I cant , serial port is working ,error message says check cable (proved its ok)check password (has me a little worried) or close a already open window(Ive restarted titan and computer)
    I had a password in admin/card programmer/setup and know what this is ,,
    but I was playing around in admin/card programmer/system properties and put some 1s in the card security password area,,does this change the connection password to the programmer or just the cards.
    thanks

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Firstly - to use Douglas Adams line - Dont Panic!! this happens...

admin/card programmer/system properties only for the card security once you are connected to the programmer - if you are not connected then none of that would have taken anyway...

Maybe that there is a conflict with the port it self? Do you have another piece of software auto starting using the same serial port?

Is it a USB to serial adapter that has been plugged into a different USB port on the PC? I have had that change the corresponding serial port number...

Thanks

Thanks ,Its a old school serial port,its working as can connect to panels etc .
    I was connected and went to system properties and was trying to learn to write cards ,but this shouldn't change the programmers connection code.
    Its like it thinks it already running or as you said a conflict with ports???
    thanks anyway.