Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: TV Plus information thread

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
    There will only be ONE that will work , and thats the receiver they will supply to you when you subscribe to their service.

No, there is not a way of doing it.
    I am sure there is bro..Because my brother in Turkey; he watches every paid, encrypted channels free..I don't know what exactly he does; he some how changes the code regularly, apparently the companies change their codes..So, anyway there is way of doing it bro...Like LigTV in Turkey is encrypted and you need to subscribe the DIGITURK to be able to watch their channels.So,he has his own box and a blank card,then he does it.

If I had him down here in Australia, I am sure he would have done it with TVPLUS as well..
    Last edited by rainman; 24-08-12 at 12:54 PM.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

By your comments I am wondering if you have a problem with your installation.
    Satellite signals do fluctuate from 0 to 100% depending on the atmosphere but you should get 80% or higher most of the time.
    From the few times I have bothered to check, it shows a variance most times of about 10% or even less, again depending on the current weather conditions.
    As the signal is Digital the same as Terrestrial TV is now,it only has 2 options, Clear or none.
    Years ago on a satellite channel, they had the worst grainiest picture I have ever seen but that was to do with their equipment at the studio end and no amount of Fine Tuning the dish or using a 'better STB' was going to make it better.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    your signals are pretty high,I don't get that at all,and also the signals that I have got; it keeps changing continuously...I am hoping that once I get subscribed with them and with their box will fix that problem..otherwise no use for me to subscribe...
    No good subscribing if they cant guarantee clear picture quality.
    Once you subscribe youll get locked in a contract.
    My parents have 40cm tv picture looks ok.
    Didn't know how bad it was till I got my 60inch samsung 3d tv its barely watchable.
    Switch on foxtel get blown away.

Thanks

Well it looks like President Christofias has proven to be a liar once again!

Thanks

The best quality Greek TV is in Greece via Nova (who is like a Foxtel). This is how the islands view FTA TV. Anything outside of that, Greek TV is random quality. As a result what they send overseas by satelitte is of various quality.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    I am sure there is bro..Because my brother in Turkey; he watches every paid, encrypted channels free..I don't know what exactly he does; he some how changes the code regularly, apparently the companies change their codes..So, anyway there is way of doing it bro...Like LigTV in Turkey is encrypted and you need to subscribe the DIGITURK to be able to watch their channels.So,he has his own box and a blank card,then he does it.

If I had him down here in Australia, I am sure he would have done it with TVPLUS as well..
    We are not in Turkey bro. You can ignore what people are telling you if you like, but dont complain when you buy a new receiver and it doesnt work.

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

mtv (25-08-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    This is the annoying thing with TVPlus.

They are insisting you can only use the satellite decoder they will provide as part of a subscription.

It will only decode TVPlus satellite channels.... no other FTA satellite channels and certainly no terrestrial signals, so they are forcing subscribers to purchase another 'exclusive' decoder from them, so if you want to watch other satellite or terrestrial channels, you'd need to use your existing Strong box.... PLUS, have a separate TVPlus decoder, just for their channels.
    Hi MTV & Nictoria

Sorry for delayed reply we are really busy @ TVP and don't often have time to come here

There are numerous reasons we need to supply boxes but the main one is customer support & care.. two - three box vendors across the platform ensure platform uniformity and allows us to support customers easier when there is an issue.

The other reason we can't allow the boxes to be used for other services is customers have a habit of leaving them on the FTA (other) transponders and then they loose the TVPLUS CA information - the box dosent get the CA update because it was on the other services and then the customer returns to TV PLUS and gets service scrambled... they are then unhappy because of no service and then ring and complain why they have no viewing.. the best way to reduce customer issues is lock the box to our transponders and that it.

Also boxes will be at low upfront rate rate or free (courier fees will be charged) if customers prepay some viewing.

While I really understand your issues with box cluttering and needing a simple box etc we need to have complete ease of product and minimise the incidents that customers loose viewing and reduce the requirement to send tecks to site or have to replace boxes.

Sorry again..

Thanks

All the TVPlus channels will be encrypted in September and you'll need to pay for a subscription and a new decoder from them to continue to decode them once they are encrypted.
    It is our intention to allow the old UBI box with the UBI Smart Card to run for a few months once we encrypt services.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TVPlus View Post
    It is our intention to allow the old UBI box with the UBI Smart Card to run for a few months once we encrypt services.
    Only until you complete the changeover program of replacing those decoders with the MPEG 4 model.

By temporarily allowing the use of the old UBI decoders and cards, just means you can start charging people for the service before you can supply them with a new decoder.

Are you also 'unlocking' those old UBI decoders before encryption commences, so those people can view your channels free? (the same as anyone else with FTA decoder)

Administrator
    Thanks

Hi MTV & Nictoria

Sorry for delayed reply we are really busy @ TVP and don't often have time to come here
    You might want to have a talk/think about that with whoever is in charge @tvPlus.

I think you are going to have enough of a struggle as it is to get people to subscribe again for a third time (tarbs,ubi, tvplus). If you want gossip, rumours and inaccurate innuendo to take hold, not having a web presence should be an excellent way of shooting yourself in the foot. Especially on a forum that figures very highly in web searches.

Whats it take, 3-5 minutes to past up latest info ? TVPlus's choice of course. I know what course I would be taking if I was trying to make a success of it.

My opinion only of course.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

bodgie (30-08-12),mtv (26-08-12)

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
    You might want to have a talk/think about that with whoever is in charge @tvPlus.

I think you are going to have enough of a struggle as it is to get people to subscribe again for a third time (tarbs,ubi, tvplus). If you want gossip, rumours and inaccurate innuendo to take hold, not having a web presence should be an excellent way of shooting yourself in the foot. Especially on a forum that figures very highly in web searches.

Whats it take, 3-5 minutes to past up latest info ? TVPlus's choice of course. I know what course I would be taking if I was trying to make a success of it.

My opinion only of course.
    Couldn't agree more, Sanity.

Hardly a good example of customer service, so far.

If this is how they treat 'potential' customers, one has to wonder how things will be once they have their money.

I've been 'holding the fort' for them, answering numerous questions in their absence in this forum, certainly not with the intention of doing TVPlus any favours, but so as to provide factual answers to Austach members who are seeking information.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

bodgie (30-08-12)

Administrator
    Thanks

I've been 'holding the fort' for them, answering numerous questions in their absence in this forum, certainly not with the intention of doing TVPlus any favours, but so as to provide factual answers to Austach members who are seeking information.
    Yep , and I am sure its been appreciated by many here. Certainly many that have found this thread via Google etc would be going away better informed as to whats happening.

But you can only reply with what information they make available, if they dont make it available , well , we will have out of date info and we will also have rumours and gossip which may or may not be true.

I get no joy out of seeing companies go arse up, but the truth is in 14 years here I have seen more than a few go that way in smaller markets.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Hi MTV & Nictoria

There are numerous reasons we need to supply boxes but the main one is customer support & care.. two - three box vendors across the platform ensure platform uniformity and allows us to support customers easier when there is an issue.

The other reason we can't allow the boxes to be used for other services is customers have a habit of leaving them on the FTA (other) transponders and then they loose the TVPLUS CA information - the box dosent get the CA update because it was on the other services and then the customer returns to TV PLUS and gets service scrambled... they are then unhappy because of no service and then ring and complain why they have no viewing.. the best way to reduce customer issues is lock the box to our transponders and that it.

Also boxes will be at low upfront rate rate or free (courier fees will be charged) if customers prepay some viewing.

While I really understand your issues with box cluttering and needing a simple box etc we need to have complete ease of product and minimise the incidents that customers loose viewing and reduce the requirement to send tecks to site or have to replace boxes.

Sorry again..
    I would like to see you come here more regularly. It's great to have a rep, similar to Liski when at UBI, to report on what 's going and support etc.

As for using 3rd party receivers, education is the key. As long as people are aware it will take a minute or 2 for their cards to get a hit it wouldn't be a problem. This was the situation with people that used Selectv cards and their own equipment and I personally was happy with that.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

bodgie (30-08-12),gulliver (26-08-12),nfnovice (26-08-12)

Administrator
    Thanks

Missing a card update will also happen in an 'exclusive' decoder if power is turned off, which a lot of people do to save power and reduce fire risk.

They do this regardless of instructions to keep decoders either on or in standby.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

bodgie (30-08-12),LeroyPatrol (26-08-12)

Thanks

Thanks for MTV for holding the fort

Thanks

Only until you complete the changeover program of replacing those decoders with the MPEG 4 model.

By temporarily allowing the use of the old UBI decoders and cards, just means you can start charging people for the service before you can supply them with a new decoder.

Are you also 'unlocking' those old UBI decoders before encryption commences, so those people can view your channels free? (the same as anyone else with FTA decoder)
    Hi MTV

There is no plans yet for UBI IRD's

Kind Regards

Thanks

Missing a card update will also happen in an 'exclusive' decoder if power is turned off, which a lot of people do to save power and reduce fire risk.

They do this regardless of instructions to keep decoders either on or in standby.

Hi MTV

Agreed thats why we will encourage our customers to leave their boxes on

Kind Regards

• The Following User Says Thank You to TVPlus For This Useful Post:

Bruvah (27-08-12)

Thanks

just wondering how much is it for a full installation and monthly price for one of the balkan packages? .. also any news about any Arabic channels since UBI last had them id like to see them on TVPlus

Thanks

Last edited by John Zet; 28-08-12 at 12:47 PM.

Thanks

lol TVPlus is barely up and running and already people are looking at ways to outsmart the system.

• Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast