Thread: TV Plus information thread

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TVPlus View Post
    Hi MTV

Agreed thats why we will encourage our customers to leave their boxes on

Kind Regards
    I have many customers, who switch ALL their electrical equipment off when not in use, regardless of whether it is night or day. This includes their (pay-tv) satellite receivers.

Rightly or wrongly, they do this typically for two reasons - (a) to reduce the risk of fire and (b) to save electricity costs.

I don't like your chances of changing such behavior.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

My friends 90 year old Mother not only turns everything off but then turns the switch off on the wall and removes the plug from the Power board and then removes the plug from each devise on the power board as well.
    Then some days she has to ring the Mate to go and plug it all back in so she can watch TV.

Laugh as you will but I was reading a History of Lighting regarding the installation of Gas lights in streets and public areas and in the beginning it seems many firmly believed the flame was actually inside the pipe.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 28-08-12 at 02:37 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (02-09-12)

Thanks

Hi guys, having a hard time tuning the greek channels on intelsat8. Have tuned in the Italian channel and the other channels within the same package. Can't get any picture quality for the greek channel. Please help. Thanks guys.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SatBoy2013 View Post
    Hi guys, having a hard time tuning the greek channels on intelsat8. Have tuned in the Italian channel and the other channels within the same package. Can't get any picture quality for the greek channel. Please help. Thanks guys.
    Are you talking about the picture quality itself, or the signal quality?

They are two entirely different things.

Have you adjusted the lnb skew correctly?

Thanks

Did a full scan and now have all the channels. I don't know why I didn't try this earlier! Thanks guys.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tristen View Post
    I have many customers, who switch ALL their electrical equipment off when not in use, regardless of whether it is night or day. This includes their (pay-tv) satellite receivers.

Rightly or wrongly, they do this typically for two reasons - (a) to reduce the risk of fire and (b) to save electricity costs.

I don't like your chances of changing such behavior.
    Its also worth nothing that companies are door knocking Victoria and South Australia giving out "energy saving" power switches and power boards that turn everything off completely.

I also dont like their chances with this one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
    Its also worth nothing that companies are door knocking Victoria and South Australia giving out "energy saving" power switches and power boards that turn everything off completely.

I also dont like their chances with this one.
    Allot of power boards now come especially for turning everything off systematically.(i haven't had any door knocker's all electrical stores have them now)
    Eg I have 2 on one i have my tv as main and my sat boxes amp dvd player as slaves so when tv is off all the others are off also.

Also i hate pay tv in the early hour's,be watching live soccer and they do a rescan miss out about 5 minutes every time stupid should only be done eg once a week.
    Why do they do that is it for piracy?
    Last edited by levend; 29-08-12 at 10:39 AM.

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by levend View Post
    Also i hate pay tv in the early hour's,be watching live soccer and they do a rescan miss out about 5 minutes every time stupid should only be done eg once a week.
    Why do they do that is it for piracy?
    It's not just pay TV providers that do this. Eg: VAST

They are OTA software/firmware updates.

They have to be done sometime, so the providers do the updates at a time when they think the minimum of viewers will be inconvenienced, which is usually in the early hours of the morning.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 929 Posts

Agreed, but if they know a live service is running, then they should have the brains not to do it at that time...they just don't give a rats *#se. Imagine if they did it right in the middle of an AFL or NRL live match...there'd be outrage.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

This is no different to cutting into live events or even recorded programs with advertising and channel promotions.
    How many times during Test cricket matches have they cut to the evening News even though the play was still continuing?
    I am not a sports fan but that would make me very unhappy but I saw recently 7/Prime swapped a Major event program from the main channel to either 7Two or 7Mate to allow viewers to choose.
    In the early days before Video recording was introduced, it wasn't uncommon for a film to continue running during the break and the program would to the viewer 'jump' ahead and you missed that 1 to 2 minute period.
    TV channels have stuck like glue to the advertised program times when it suits them but are quite happy to allow times to 'drift' and upset any form of 'Code' recording like the now defunct 'G Code' etc.
    You cant rely on the EPG timer now available with Digital TV because of this.
    The channels refuse point blank to insert that signal into a program to turn a recorder on and off as is done I believe overseas.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Can not get... 12557 H SR 13845. Has there been any changes ?

Administrator
    Thanks

This thread is going OT, but in fairness, the providers have to perform OTA 'maintenance'.

Early hours of the morning probably has the least amount of viewers, so it's a practical and logical choice.

Sure, there will likely be some people watching/recording then and it will be an inconvenience to those people, but it has to be done.

It's not like live cricket coverage which usually takes precedence over national news in prime time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B52 View Post
    Can not get... 12557 H SR 13845. Has there been any changes ?

TV Plus move to 12527 H SR3000 currently FTA. The picture quality is poor.

Thanks

Unhappy

tried everything nothing comes up ......is it still FTA ?

Bitola

Thanks

I agree, worse than UBI, at least they had more than one transponder to cram their channels into. TV Plus seem to be trying to fit too many channels into 1 Transponder, bit rate is so low.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by therealyuriboy View Post
    I agree, worse than UBI, at least they had more than one transponder to cram their channels into. TV Plus seem to be trying to fit too many channels into 1 Transponder, bit rate is so low.
    Is the new frenquency 12527 still Intelsat 8 or Optus D2? By the way is it SR 3000 or 30000?

Thanks
    Last edited by John Zet; 01-09-12 at 11:03 PM.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

TV Plus The picture quality is poor.
    Nothing has changed since the day they started.

Thanks

Seems like there is another company operating on Optus D2

BHT1, Hayat Plus, BN TV, TV1 all FTA 1st September to 1st October

Anyone pick these up on D2?
    Last edited by alcatron; 03-09-12 at 03:49 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TVPlus View Post
    Hi MTV & Nictoria

Sorry for delayed reply we are really busy @ TVP and don't often have time to come here

There are numerous reasons we need to supply boxes but the main one is customer support & care.. two - three box vendors across the platform ensure platform uniformity and allows us to support customers easier when there is an issue.

The other reason we can't allow the boxes to be used for other services is customers have a habit of leaving them on the FTA (other) transponders and then they loose the TVPLUS CA information - the box dosent get the CA update because it was on the other services and then the customer returns to TV PLUS and gets service scrambled... they are then unhappy because of no service and then ring and complain why they have no viewing.. the best way to reduce customer issues is lock the box to our transponders and that it.

Also boxes will be at low upfront rate rate or free (courier fees will be charged) if customers prepay some viewing.

While I really understand your issues with box cluttering and needing a simple box etc we need to have complete ease of product and minimise the incidents that customers loose viewing and reduce the requirement to send tecks to site or have to replace boxes.

Sorry again..
    Thanks for your response, I wish you all the best in your venture.

I will unfortunately have to look at other card only options for my parents as price was never an issue it was always the ease of use that my parents will no longer have.

I would otherwise be receiving numerous calls from them at any time explaining how to change from the terrestrial channels to a different HDMI for satelite channels on a different remote. (not easy for some 80 year olds).

On a side note all the people who had found ways to outsmart the previous 3 providers are partially responsible as well to the issues we now face.

Thanks

Which transponder on D2 are the new channels?
    Last edited by freemedia; 05-09-12 at 04:43 PM.

• Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast