Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: TV Plus information thread

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by levend View Post
    Might be a lot more testing to be done as pq is crap channels loose reception heaps freezing sound problems omg I'm going back to Ubi days .

They have stated old ubi subscribers once the channels will get encrypted will still be able to watch the channels with the old ubi card.
    So I presume you ring up tell them you want to subscribe and the'll ask for the ubi number on the card and off you go while you wait for new box.
    So be patient don't worry about letters so on they have told us here
    that is right bro...relax and enjoy the FTA"s such as; ligtv,World cup 2014 qualifying games,on startv...sweet as..bro......

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    I would suggest you check first that the program is being supplied FTA but like our ABC and SBS FTA channels on Foxtel/Austar, the subscriber is paying for the use of the STB and the cost of SUPPLYING the program, NOT the content.
    Someone has to pay for the broadcasting so maybe while the Cypriot Government is happy to supply the program FTA, they are not prepared to pay a broadcaster to carry it.
    TVPlus is a Business and has costs to meet and supplying a service FTA doesnt meet that criteria.
    The issue is not with TV Plus and I understand they have costs.

The issue is with the Cyprus Government who have promised to broadcast their State funded channel on a FTA basis in Australia. The President made this undertaking last year in Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide during his State visit.

Regardless, this issue is being debated in Cyprus. Lobby groups have been active. It is not beyond any reason that the Cyprus Government may still enter into an agreement with Globecast and review the TV Plus contract. In fact, the issue is being debated in Parliament!
    Last edited by Aikhme; 12-09-12 at 10:36 PM.

Thanks

In any case, there is no way, under any circumstance that I will subscribe to TV Plus.

As a subscriber of 2 previous now defunct suppliers, I have had enough and the channels are low quality anyway.

Also, I just don't want another stb.

I will stick with Foxtell because it has better programming for my young kids.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aikhme View Post
    In any case, there is no way, under any circumstance that I will subscribe to TV Plus.

As a subscriber of 2 previous now defunct suppliers, I have had enough and the channels are low quality anyway.

Also, I just don't want another stb.

I will stick with Foxtell because it has better programming for my young kids.
    well,those Turkish channels are FTA in turkey as well except the LIGTV..So,I have to pay 69.95bucks to watch those FTA channels..Like showtv,KanalD,ATV,StartTV SamanyoluTV,all FTA channels in Turkey.So,Why do we pay 70Bucks to watch those channels,Well I suppose this is Australia..Not much we can do about it at all..

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    well,those Turkish channels are FTA in turkey as well except the LIGTV..So,I have to pay 69.95bucks to watch those FTA channels..Like showtv,KanalD,ATV,StartTV SamanyoluTV,all FTA channels in Turkey.So,Why do we pay 70Bucks to watch those channels,Well I suppose this is Australia..Not much we can do about it at all..
    The channels under discussion might be free-to-air in Turkey, but we are unable to access satellites in that part of the world as they are not within line-of-sight of Australia (the earth is a sphere and Turkey is on the other side of the world).

Somebody has to pay to access the channels, up-link them to a satellite within line-of-sight of Australia and pay for transponder space on the satellite in order to re-broadcast them..

That is only part of the cost however, as broadcast rights including payment for copyright material (movies, music and other programming material etc.), is also involved.

Moving television channels from one part of the world to another is not without cost - and the cost is considerable, running into hundreds of thousands of dollars per year.
    Last edited by tristen; 13-09-12 at 02:30 PM.

Thanks

Whether they are FTA in Turkey is irrelevant.

I am referring to a State channel which the President explicitly promised will be FTA in Australia like ERT and Turkey's TRT on Globecast.

The cost for FTA transmission on Globevast is a mere $300,000 per annum on Globecast. The matter is under scrutiny.
    Last edited by Aikhme; 13-09-12 at 09:33 PM.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

I am referring to a State channel which the President explicitly promised will be FTA in Australia like ERT and Turkey's TRT on Globecast.
    Regardless of nationality or party affiliation, politcians constantly break promises, especially pre-election promises.

You should take the matter up with the President's office.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    Regardless of nationality or party affiliation, politcians constantly break promises, especially pre-election promises.

You should take the matter up with the President's office.
    True, but the President won't get away with it in an election year.

But in any case, the matter is under review. Sources have apparently stated, I am told, that RIK is looking at other options such as Globecast.

Don't know how accurate that is.

Thanks

The way I see it about RIK is it won't happen for them to be a FTA channel

This discussion has been going on since TARBS had RIK that RIK was looking at ways on getting RIK to Australia FTA over satellite which is about 10 years now and still they come with the same solution everytime, they become a pay channel sorry but I really don't see this happening its been all talk for 10 years now and no action on FTA broadcast by RIK only ever comes up as a Pay channel even the USA they recently started there as a Pay channel with some other greek channels.

Just my opinion but its pretty much facts on the history of RIK in Australia
    Lazer

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer View Post
    The way I see it about RIK is it won't happen for them to be a FTA channel

This discussion has been going on since TARBS had RIK that RIK was looking at ways on getting RIK to Australia FTA over satellite which is about 10 years now and still they come with the same solution everytime, they become a pay channel sorry but I really don't see this happening its been all talk for 10 years now and no action on FTA broadcast by RIK only ever comes up as a Pay channel even the USA they recently started there as a Pay channel with some other greek channels.

Just my opinion but its pretty much facts on the history of RIK in Australia
    Actually, the UBI contract for RIK was that the channel was to remain FTA.

That is why RIK was FTA on Telstar 10 until UBI dropped the channel altogether.

Thanks

Until RIK actually puts up the costs of the transmission themselves to broadcast RIK into Australia I doubt any company would do this free and to this day they still have not done this...
    Lazer

Thanks

Until RIK actually puts up the costs of the transmission themselves to broadcast RIK into Australia I doubt any company would do this free and to this day they still have not done this...
    Well this is currently still under tender apparently.

And the cost is about $300,000 per annum.

Thanks

Well this is currently still under tender apparently.

And the cost is about $300,000 per annum.
    Ahh yes the tender process which never seems to have a conclusion..
    Lazer

Thanks

Default no signal

Yesterday thursday was a bad day as pq and signal was so bad couldn't be watched.
    Today Friday no signal at all and total darkness not even a sign of life has Tvplus given up on the idea or is this a hickup?

Thanks

Yesterday thursday was a bad day as pq and signal was so bad couldn't be watched.
    Today Friday no signal at all and total darkness not even a sign of life has Tvplus given up on the idea or is this a hickup?
    levend check your dish mate has been working here pretty much flawless and just checked now and all still good..
    Lazer

Thanks

levend check your dish mate has been working here pretty much flawless and just checked now and all still good..

Thanks m8 went shopping just got home and its working although keeps cutting out every now and then.
    I get 98 signal strength so dish is fine just first time i had seen total darkness.
    Will they fix it all up you think or is it going to be same old same old?
    Pq is terrible.

Thanks

Thanks m8 went shopping just got home and its working although keeps cutting out every now and then.
    I get 98 signal strength so dish is fine just first time i had seen total darkness.
    Pq is terrible.
    98% signal strength what about signal Quality % ?
    Lazer

Thanks

Pq is terrible.
    I've had the same issue since yesterday... Long periods of black screens on all channels with signal and picture quality in the high 90's. Also many glitches and pauses here and there. It's been happening for a couple of days now. Right now they seem to be working fine, but picture quality leaves much to be desired.

Cheers

Thanks

Ahh yes the tender process which never seems to have a conclusion..
    Well, wasn't this the reason why RIK pulled their signal from TARBS/UBI?

Breach of contract....

They are reviewing the process apparently after deliberations with NEPOMAK reps.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

As with any new satellite signal distribution system, I expect these glitches/outages, etc, are just TVPlus making changes, especially setting up encoding for encryption, etc.

Although we've been able to view channels for a while, they are still in a test phase until encryption and the MPEG4 transmissions are fully operational.

The fact we've been able to view them at all so far, I would just consider to be a bonus.

• Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast