Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chubb AFX/Verex

Thanks

Smile Chubb AFX/Verex

Hi Guys,

We've got a few of these lying around that we have pulled out of clients we have taken over and replaced them with NX/16+'s.

Does anyway one know where I can get the Manuals/Software for these panels, I am guessing chubb are not going to be too forthcoming with either and a few of our techs want to have a play around with them.

Cheers in advance.

-Adrian

PS. I have done a search of these forums and found the same question asked a few times with a few replies with download links. Those links are now dead.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

PM me!

• The Following User Says Thank You to Hound-Dog For This Useful Post:

Adro (22-08-12)

Thanks

(spam quote removed by mtv)

Which is exactly why Majority of people stay away from them. Any panel that you have to pay for a manual and has very little if any back end support will never be on an equal playing field with the likes of Concept & Tecoms. We will continue to rip these monstrosities out of sites & Bin them.

Don't get me wrong I appreciate that you replied to my thread that I made almost a year ago but coming on here and telling people that chubb sell the manuals to panels they installed at sites isn't very helpful at all. Your not helping anyone out by telling people where to purchase the manual when some of the techs in this forum give it out for free.
    Last edited by Adro; 30-07-13 at 11:21 PM.

Thanks

Hi

Just because you do not understand something does not make it a monstrosity. These panels are very powerful but useless in the hands of someone who doesn't understand. The manual is only useful for basic programming, anything more complex and some feature sets require the Director software to make program changes anyway.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gustav View Post
    Hi

Just because you do not understand something does not make it a monstrosity. These panels are very powerful but useless in the hands of someone who doesn't understand. The manual is only useful for basic programming, anything more complex and some feature sets require the Director software to make program changes anyway.
    Yes I know this, But how hard is it to get the software? That's right, you need to ring chubb and purchase it (Unless your a Chubb Contractor). Where as for Tecoms and Concepts you are not required to pay for software. See the difference ? A panel that is being installed that has no back end user support what so ever, sure you can try and call Verex in Canada who then tell you to call Chubb who then want to charge you for a simple manual and that's about the limit of there support they offer outside there company.

You can type for days trying to tell me that these "Chubb Panels" are better then Concepts and Tecoms, Just like the Chubb salesman that recently joined the forums tried to do before he was banned. I dislike the panels and for someone too say they are better then concept, I am just dumbfounded. (I realise you did not say this, but the Chubb guy did)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adro View Post
    You can type for days trying to tell me that these "Chubb Panels" are better then Concepts and Tecoms, Just like the Chubb salesman that recently joined the forums tried to do before he was banned. I dislike the panels and for someone too say they are better then concept, I am just dumbfounded. (I realise you did not say this, but the Chubb guy did)
    For the purposes of transparency, this is the same person.

He was warned over his behaviour and allowed to stay (and will be monitored....get it ? Monitored ? Shit I am funny), and as he had already made a second account we didnt bother unbanning the original.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

It's beneficial for posters who wish to promote products or services to become a Premium Member as the 'advertising' rules are not as strict.

Premium membership helps keep this site running, so we all benefit.

Premium members can even have a link in their signature.

Click on 'Upgrade Account' on the menu bar at the top of the page to become a Premium member.

Something to consider, Gustav.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    For the purposes of transparency, this is the same person.

He was warned over his behaviour and allowed to stay (and will be monitored....get it ? Monitored ? Shit I am funny), and as he had already made a second account we didnt bother unbanning the original.
    I figured as much, but thanks for the confirmation. Only a Chubb employee would say some of the hogwash he said on the other account about the Chubb Panels. How Ironic that he is being monitored

Thanks

Everyone is entitled to their opinion I suppose. I was a Chubb employee, but not anymore. I fully understand their rationale for protecting their product. It doesn't make it a bad product, just a hard product for another company to take over.

Also for the record I said it was on par with Concept, not better, I prefer Concept myself. And if you understood the product as well as I do then you might well or might not agree depending on your level of competence in the industry.

I was not a salesman at Chubb, but a Commissioning Tech. I was not trying to sell Chubb, rather my response that got me banned was to tell you to contact Chubb and purchase the items you required which while not the answer you wanted to hear was the correct answer.

If saying the truth gets me banned then so be it.

Thanks

Where as for Tecoms and Concepts you are not required to pay for software
    Sorry? Which software?

Thanks

Originally Posted by Adro
    Where as for Tecoms and Concepts you are not required to pay for software
    Sorry? Which software?

Insight installer an installer version of software which is not to be distributed to the end user and is limited to a timed window in which case the software needs to be re opened keeping it a non permanent connection. However yes this one is free to download from the inner range website with appropriate access to tech access. However Titan is a paid software we all know you can install it not registered and count till 30 but really its not going to break the bank. Software programmers need to eat too.
    With the Verex Afx systems I can even remember having a conversation with a Chubb salesperson and they said part of their sales pitch was the fact that they can sell you a system that not many people know keeping the clients security higher I couldn't think of something worse, I've been replacing these with a more mainstream panel at least the client can change providers in the future and have the benefit of replacement parts for their investment.
    I Do agree the Afx panel has good features but its just another panel really only problem is its not very well supported to anyone else in this country unless you work for the big c .

• The Following User Says Thank You to Muzza78 For This Useful Post:

Hound-Dog (03-08-13)

Thanks

I have the software and manuals here. I don't have a panel to try it out on.
    Anyone care to share a panel?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hound-Dog View Post
    I have the software and manuals here. I don't have a panel to try it out on.
    Anyone care to share a panel?
    Will check the scrap heap at work on Monday. Unless some of the boys have used them for door stops.

Thanks

I do not see the need for another panel in australia - it was a poor attempt at making a security monopoly with panels.
    Last edited by Adro; 03-08-13 at 12:12 PM.

Thanks

Adro, The AFX panel is quite powerful, you dismiss it because you are not familiar with it.
    It is NOT a proprietary panel, C just happen to import it and use it in this country.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keef82 View Post
    Adro, The AFX panel is quite powerful, you dismiss it because you are not familiar with it.
    It is NOT a proprietary panel, C just happen to import it and use it in this country.
    I have no doubt it is powerful panel, But what was the benefit of them using it in the Australian marketplace rather then using a Concept or Tecom ? I can tell you why, They knew that if they installed all these panels and offered little to no support regarding them they would keep clients because no one knew the panel to work on them or take them over. it was either 1 of 2 things or both...

1. They were that paranoid about losing clients they imported a panel from Canada that no one in Australia had ever work on. In a hope of keeping clients this way.
    2. They tried to have a monopoly on security industry by installing these panels and offering no support for them to any one outside there company.

I think both of the above are the reason.

Thanks

Adro,

Pure conjecture. You may be right, but given the lack of options here, I can fully see a world where I found something amazing overseas and brought it here before anyone else. That wouldn't summarily make it an anti-competitive conspiracy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by downunderdan View Post
    Adro,

Pure conjecture. You may be right, but given the lack of options here, I can fully see a world where I found something amazing overseas and brought it here before anyone else. That wouldn't summarily make it an anti-competitive conspiracy.
    I respect your opinion Dan,

But if your look into it more closely with the manufacture dates I think you will see my point more clearly. There was no benefit at all introducing this panel to the Australian marketplace apart from what I stated above.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by downunderdan View Post
    Adro,

Also, If it was something amazing we hadn't seen before I would agree with you. But everything this panel can do, the concept does better. When was the last time someone took over a school and it was a Chubb AFX Panel with 80+ Areas and access control on each area ? There's a reason you will never see a AFX Panel at a school.

Thanks

I have no doubt it is powerful panel, But what was the benefit of them using it in the Australian marketplace rather then using a Concept or Tecom ? I can tell you why, They knew that if they installed all these panels and offered little to no support regarding them they would keep clients because no one knew the panel to work on them or take them over. it was either 1 of 2 things or both...

1. They were that paranoid about losing clients they imported a panel from Canada that no one in Australia had ever work on. In a hope of keeping clients this way.
    2. They tried to have a monopoly on security industry by installing these panels and offering no support for them to any one outside there company.

I think both of the above are the reason.
    well, not really.
    Why not have a special product that is as powerful as concept and tecom, half the price AND can interface to clients with DKS, MILL & Lenel Systems?

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast