Thread: Paradox spc-1728

Thanks

Default Paradox spc-1728

HI i have a client that has a Paradox spc-1728, i have the installer manuel but not the installer code and the manuel dosn't show how to reset any help would be great, i am back on site tomorrow morning.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Just an update
    I found an older manuel on the the net and it has the instructions there.
    Happy Days

Thanks

OK not so happy days
    They have installer lock out on this panel and the hardware default did not work, is there any way that i can access this panel.
    Any help would be great.

Thanks

Manuel:

Manual:

Two or more visits to reprogram a ten year old panel when a new one is a couple of hundred bucks.... Talk some sense into your mate.
    Last edited by downunderdan; 21-09-12 at 10:47 PM.

Thanks

I did speak to CSD a while ago about defaulting a locked out 1738 and they told me it could not be done. Not sure if they were just trying to sell a new one or not, but I upgraded it.
    If anybody else has info on it let us know.

Thanks

Yes i agree the panel is 12 years old but its working fine, its only because they have turned ther phone line off and now it beeps with a fault ever sat morning at 1am. (i guess test report time)
    If the alarm was playing up i wouldn't even look at fixing it.
    But at the moment i have a client that thinks us alarm techs are shit heads for locking a panel and asks why she should have to pay for an upgrade when it's not needed.
    I know my business would not survive on new installs and upgrades i need service work to pay the bills and if we piss off clients with this lock out shit they will just use diy crap from bunnings. Then we all loose!
    This is the reason for asking if there is a way to reset the panel.

And yes i am a bad speller

Thanks

I know that with the new version panels ie the Spectras & Maggellans that if the installer lock out code is changed from 000 to another number then you can default the panel.Whats worse is that if you forget the installer lock out code, the panel needs to be shipped to Canada to be reset! The Esprit 1728 and 38 more than likely have the the same functionality so really you dont have a choice if you can't default the panel. As for the installer lock out crap I guess its up to the individual as to how they want to set up their panel.I will never enable a feature that stops a panel from being defaulted !

Thanks

If their phoneline is disconnected and they're not migrating to an IP-based monitoring platform (i.e. their system has no possibility of being monitored) save them a service call and have them simply unplug it and disconnect the battery. That way they are not kidding themselves that an unmonitored local alarm system is of any value. Only possible exceptions, if they sleep with it turned on, or they live in a gated community where all the well-armed neighbours come a runnin' when they hear the sirens. Good luck with that.

As for installer lockouts, there was plenty of discussion (including our policy) in a few years ago.

Thanks

Yes a monitored alarm is 1st choice for any security system, but if a client has all the pros and cons and decides to go unmonitored thats there concern, if i turned away every install for a local alarm only, there would be half of my install work gone.

My own house for example i live in a small country town the nearerst maned police station is 1/2 an hour away security patrols are only from 6pm to 6am in the area, responce time between 45min and 2 hours, out of these hours it is at least a 2 hour responce time. I can be any where from 1/2 an hour to 2 hours away from home at any time during the day, My alarm is monitored but what for? by the time either me or the security patrol get there my house would be empty of the good stuff, i can only hope the sirens going off have woken a neighbour up and they would look over the house.

Thanks

Alarm manufacturers should not put in the locking feature and make it possible to access programming without install code like the Ness D8. Save a lot of hassle.