Thread: Ness D16 & iComms / aComms

Thanks

Default Ness D16 & iComms / aComms

Hi Guys,

Ness's aComms has just been released for the Android. Looking at setting up smartphone control with the Ethernet Adaptor from ness.

Has anyone has experience programming this to work?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by timebomb View Post
    Hi Guys,

Ness's aComms has just been released for the Android. Looking at setting up smartphone control with the Ethernet Adaptor from ness.

Has anyone has experience programming this to work?
    I got it working on the home network, now trying to get it to work over 3g

Thanks

Default Icommsa

I'm interested, did you have to do much configuration with the network? Port forwarding ect...

Thanks

Getting it to work on the network was easy, getting it to work over 3g is the problem. I have the router trying to open a port and forward the static IP to the IP of the IP232 and still nothing,

Thanks

Hello,

I can confirm that it does work by port forwarding and accessing it over your mobile phone network (3G).

You just need to port forward the port you have in your IP232 module to the IP address in the IP232 in your router.

I have found this great website which helps with port forwarding for those who don't know how to port forward properly:

If the app works on your local LAN than there is no reason why the app won't work over the internet unless your ISP blocks ports.

You may need to contact your ISP on the steps on how to port forward in your router.

Some ISPs block port forwarding and some require the ISP to allow port forwarding at their end.

If you are having problems in port forwarding then I recommend you contact your ISP or a network professional on how to do it.

There app doesn't know if it’s going from a LAN or in via by a router over the internet/3G.

My worked first go 100% so you should be seeing no problems if port forwarding is done correctly.

I don't think we should blame the app if it’s a network/port forwarding issue as I use it all the time with no connection issues over the internet.
    Last edited by aaron; 01-10-12 at 04:21 PM.

Thanks

Default d16

I'm thinking of installing the system. Is the serial adaptor powered from the panels 12 V power?

Also, does it sent push alerts when alarms activate?

Thanks

Hello,

I'm thinking of installing the system. Is the serial adaptor powered from the panels 12 V power?
    The IP232 module is powered by 12v. How you get the 12v is up to you.

Also, does it sent push alerts when alarms activate?
    No.
    The device needs to be able to connect to a server to enable push notifications.

When data is sent out it will only send out data to devices that are connected to it. To get Push notifications you need the panel to connect automaticlly to the server which will push the event to the app. The panel will not connect automaticlly to a device/server, you or the app needs to conenct to the panel.

Thanks

Mine recently has stopped working over 3G, nothing has changed, talking to Ness and the problem appears to be a network issue.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xr5adam View Post
    Mine recently has stopped working over 3G, nothing has changed, talking to Ness and the problem appears to be a network issue.
    If you are using it over 3G (or over the internet) one thing to keep in mind is that some ISPs don't give you static IP address.

When you use it over the internet you must have a static IP address from your ISP otherwise your IP address will keep changing every few days, which may of happened in your case.

To find out more about static or dynamic IP address check this link out:

Thanks

Hi guys cant get the bloody thing to talk on internal network or external, i opened port 2401, i have checked port 2401 which is opened. Cant get it to talk. im going through a switch. . anything im missing, i using a straight through cable from switch to ip1232..
    Last edited by R E S S; 15-10-12 at 08:28 PM.
    Cheers Mick
    Licensed security installer

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by R E S S View Post
    Hi guys cant get the bloody thing to talk on internal network or external, i opened port 2401, i have checked port 2401 which is opened. Cant get it to talk. im going through a switch. . anything im missing, i using a straight through cable from switch to ip1232..
    All working now had the baud rate set wrong. Working on the 3G network fine.
    Last edited by R E S S; 16-10-12 at 05:55 AM.
    Cheers Mick
    Licensed security installer

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.