Thread: Something to consider

Banned
    Thanks

Default Something to consider

During the course of my recent cleanup I came across 6 fairly expensive dome cameras that were replaced (faulty) last year from a pub. These & the DVR suffered from a power surge during a lightning strike. I kept them with the intention of doing a post mortum & finaly got the chance today. They were dual voltage 12vdc/24vac cameras. Turns out that every one of them suffered damage to the rectifier/regulator board which is seperate from the camera electronics. Remove the faulty board , rewire the power input & they ALL worked perfectly on 12V.
    Just something to consider if you have dual voltage cameras that have given up

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I had to do a in-field fix like this other day with 6 faulty cameras on one site(3rd party site), when the job description was 2 spot monitors not working. This site was 300km away and I only had 2 spare cameras in my van. The existing cameras was operating on 24VAC. I tried 12VDC but they still didnt work. When I looked at the ciruit board it had printed next to some solder pads 12V, so I soldered a fly lead onto these pads and plugged in a 12VDC power supply and the cameras worked. I was very grateful it worked because I would of looked like a goose to tell the customer that I didnt have enough cameras.

We prefer to use 24VAC on all our sites because majority if not all 24VAC cameras we use are dual voltage. We will always try the 12VDC if the camera's 24VAC is rectifier/regulator is faulty. We stock alot of these instead of having to use a separate 12VDC power supply.
    Last edited by bet2win; 20-10-12 at 11:08 PM. Reason: spelling